Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I just did a weekend cruise and we had 3 medical evacs before we left the harbour, one was before we left the dock at white bay.

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Having two friends on board, I hear it is becoming a bit of a nightmare, sickness and medivacs etc.

Scary stuff.  Should I pack a mask, gloves, and create a no go barrier between myself and others.  My daughter says by Dover only the strong healthy ones will be active? Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Having two friends on board, I hear it is becoming a bit of a nightmare, sickness and medivacs etc.

I suppose it is inevitable that there will be medical evacuations on any lengthy cruise but if it is that extreme that it is affecting the cruise that adversely, then I don't know what else the cruise line can do. I am not sure making mandatory health checks (by the ship's doctor) prior to check in would even help.

I suspect only a small percentage of the passengers are sick, just like in any community. The difference is that on a ship you notice people coughing as they are in a relatively small space 24/7, whereas in your community it's not as noticeable as not everyone shops at the same time or always travels on the same public transport and they don't all work and live in the same place but the viruses still get spread around in those common areas.

9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I suspect only a small percentage of the passengers are sick, just like in any community. The difference is that on a ship you notice people coughing as they are in a relatively small space 24/7, whereas in your community it's not as noticeable as not everyone shops at the same time or always travels on the same public transport and they don't all work and live in the same place but the viruses still get spread around in those common areas.

True but then with the demographic aboard for this cruise, perhaps everyone presenting to the doctor is making it more complicated that if they were at home.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

True but then with the demographic aboard for this cruise, perhaps everyone presenting to the doctor is making it more complicated that if they were at home.

Yes, us older folk get hit harder with some viruses. And some people don't get flu or pneumonia vaccinations.

I wonder if they'll ever come up with a Norovirus vaccination? 

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, us older folk get hit harder with some viruses. And some people don't get flu or pneumonia vaccinations.

I wonder if they'll ever come up with a Norovirus vaccination? 

It just wouldn't work while people insist on not practicing good hygiene.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It just wouldn't work while people insist on not practicing good hygiene.

I think it would reduce the incidences onboard. After all those same people practice poor hygiene at home which is why norovirus, colds and flu spread thoughout the community. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

On 6/13/2019 at 1:50 PM, MicCanberra said:

I just did a weekend cruise and we had 3 medical evacs before we left the harbour, one was before we left the dock at white bay.

Holy Moly, anyway how was the mini cruise? 

14 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Lucky they were ahead of where all that trouble was last night. 

Must have been the Fairies that fired the torpedos at those oil tankers in the Gulf, no one else is owning up.😫

Edited by NSWP