Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Kiwi Kruzer

Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

Recommended Posts

Just checked the cam and they have arrived in New York . Local time 4.30 am , so they are nice and early . Trust US Immigration does not hold them up.

 

F40A2EF9-9AAC-469A-BB6E-07AF71637B68.thumb.jpeg.03d0823c7d93764d0769523332b11efb.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival Sunrise has been docked beside them today and has just sailed out.

 

F933A856-0137-4368-B042-17D6463275F5.thumb.jpeg.a3165746fea8cb0d4cab247da01136d5.jpegF83B30A9-F6B2-47BA-A53F-3E6C919685C1.thumb.jpeg.a9d6c6317723d558793b4f8864e8df36.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 3:58 AM, MicCanberra said:

If you break it down by the hour and with meals included, cruising is much cheaper than flying and you get more meals.

A flight may be $2000 for around 22 hours and a couple of meals compared a cruise day which is closer to $200 with 3 meals (or more) included.

the more you cruise the more you save.

 

But for the 2000 flight you need 55 cruise dys so cruising is of course dearer even if nicer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, windsor26 said:

 

But for the 2000 flight you need 55 cruise dys so cruising is of course dearer even if nicer

Are you talking about the time taken to do the whole journey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 10:15 AM, By The Bay said:

Thanks for the photo's David. Homeward bound on their last leg.

 

Yes . On their way home now. From the blogs  , it sounds like they had a great time in NY. Now on to Charleston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello from the Queen Elizabeth!
 

This morning (23rd July 2019 )we passed Sea Princess as she was sailing from New York  to Charleston:

IMG_9286.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always wondered what all the fuss was with American biscuits, until I tried some on a food tour in Charleston last year. There is a place that specialises in them in the covered market there. OMG! Think the best and lightest scone crossed with puff pastry. Soft like a good scone but with slightly flaky layers.  We tried a ham one and a pimento cheese one. The ham one was nice but the pimento cheese one was out of this world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I always wondered what all the fuss was with American biscuits, until I tried some on a food tour in Charleston last year. There is a place that specialises in them in the covered market there. OMG! Think the best and lightest scone crossed with puff pastry. Soft like a good scone but with slightly flaky layers.  We tried a ham one and a pimento cheese one. The ham one was nice but the pimento cheese one was out of this world.

I came across American biscuits on a Mississippi cruise. I wondered why scones were served at breakfast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 3:36 PM, lyndarra said:

I came across American biscuits on a Mississippi cruise. I wondered why scones were served at breakfast.

Seen those on Princess and the Grits, they look gross, the Grits that is and don't mention the maple syrup they pour over everything, over bacon, eggs, hash brown, pancakes etc, on all one plate.😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Seen those on Princess and the Grits, they look gross, the Grits that is and don't mention the maple syrup they pour over everything, over bacon, eggs, hash brown, pancakes etc, on all one plate.😕

I doubt the Princess version of biscuits would be anywhere near as good as the ones I tried in Charleston. 

 

I've only tried grits once, on a Celebrity cruise, and they were very nothingish. They are just cornmeal, similar but coarser than polenta and not as nicely flavoured.

 

The syrup Princess serves is NOT maple syrup. It id a disgusting corn syrup with artificial maple flavouring. Pancakes or french toast with bacon and pure maple syrup is delicious but not with egg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I like maple syrup on pancakes, but I agree that it is Yuk! on eggs and bacon.

Maple syrup and bacon is a classic combination. One of those weird sweet/salty combos that works really well, a bit like salted caramel works. It's best with really good streaky bacon cooked until it's crispy, or at least until there is some caramelisation on the bacon. Pale, just cooked bacon doesn't work as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Seen those on Princess and the Grits, they look gross, the Grits that is and don't mention the maple syrup they pour over everything, over bacon, eggs, hash brown, pancakes etc, on all one plate.😕

I have maple syrup over my oats in the morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Maple syrup and bacon is a classic combination. One of those weird sweet/salty combos that works really well, a bit like salted caramel works. It's best with really good streaky bacon cooked until it's crispy, or at least until there is some caramelisation on the bacon. Pale, just cooked bacon doesn't work as well.

Agreed, crispy bacon and maple syrup with pancakes goes really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...