Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

I see on Coasting to Cruisings Blog that Sea Princess fitted new carpet in her stateroom. Now ongoing maintenance is one thing, but getting new carpet during a WC is great news, what do you think?

Happening to all cabins that need it?

Monday 5 August

My new carpet is wonderful, it was like walking into a new room. I’ve gone from a squiggly mustard to a modern grey with swirls. It’s very calming”

Edited by Porky55

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

I see on Coasting to Cruisings Blog that Sea Princess fitted new carpet in her stateroom. Now ongoing maintenance is one thing, but getting new carpet during a WC is great news, what do you think?

Happening to all cabins that need it?

Monday 5 August

My new carpet is wonderful, it was like walking into a new room. I’ve gone from a squiggly mustard to a modern grey with swirls. It’s very calming”

I think that is good news. The maintenance would be necessary and probably only cause minimal disruption to the passenger.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

So many ports around the world have you docking at commercial ports.

Yet we seem to get our knickers in a twist over any ship docking at a commercial port in Australia,  go figure. There are so many .......

See no problem with them as long as the travel to somewhere decent is reasonable, or shuttles are available. 

57 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Yet we seem to get our knickers in a twist over any ship docking at a commercial port in Australia,  go figure. There are so many .......

See no problem with them as long as the travel to somewhere decent is reasonable, or shuttles are available. 

Agreed, of course having a nice port are and cruise terminal is lovely but most of the time, you only see it for and hour each side of your visit at most.

• Like 1

I note from the blogs that Lima traffic is still a nightmare, glad they enjoyed the sights and night time light show at the fountain anyway.  

Next stop is Easter Island, fingers crossed for good tendering weather.

Edited by NSWP

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I misread, the post, thought it said, off Easter Island rather than off to Easter Island.

And Easter Island is 16 hours behind AEST.   We will just have to watch ye olde Bridgecam.

Just saw mention that the current Captain, Captain Lye, on Sea Princess is leaving when they reach Sydney and from all reports he has been a brilliant leader of this little ship.

How or when do they find out who will be the new Captain? Who will know?

Again, just curious as I personally think that a good Captain can make all the difference to just how great an individual ship can be.

Edited by Porky55