Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Kiwi Kruzer

Bon Voyage Sea Princess World Cruise 2019

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I just did a weekend cruise and we had 3 medical evacs before we left the harbour, one was before we left the dock at white bay.

 

56 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Having two friends on board, I hear it is becoming a bit of a nightmare, sickness and medivacs etc.

Scary stuff.  Should I pack a mask, gloves, and create a no go barrier between myself and others.  My daughter says by Dover only the strong healthy ones will be active? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Having two friends on board, I hear it is becoming a bit of a nightmare, sickness and medivacs etc.

I suppose it is inevitable that there will be medical evacuations on any lengthy cruise but if it is that extreme that it is affecting the cruise that adversely, then I don't know what else the cruise line can do. I am not sure making mandatory health checks (by the ship's doctor) prior to check in would even help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect only a small percentage of the passengers are sick, just like in any community. The difference is that on a ship you notice people coughing as they are in a relatively small space 24/7, whereas in your community it's not as noticeable as not everyone shops at the same time or always travels on the same public transport and they don't all work and live in the same place but the viruses still get spread around in those common areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I suspect only a small percentage of the passengers are sick, just like in any community. The difference is that on a ship you notice people coughing as they are in a relatively small space 24/7, whereas in your community it's not as noticeable as not everyone shops at the same time or always travels on the same public transport and they don't all work and live in the same place but the viruses still get spread around in those common areas.

True but then with the demographic aboard for this cruise, perhaps everyone presenting to the doctor is making it more complicated that if they were at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

 They have just arrived at the entrance to the Suez Canal.

Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

True but then with the demographic aboard for this cruise, perhaps everyone presenting to the doctor is making it more complicated that if they were at home.

Yes, us older folk get hit harder with some viruses. And some people don't get flu or pneumonia vaccinations.

 

I wonder if they'll ever come up with a Norovirus vaccination? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, us older folk get hit harder with some viruses. And some people don't get flu or pneumonia vaccinations.

 

I wonder if they'll ever come up with a Norovirus vaccination? 

It just wouldn't work while people insist on not practicing good hygiene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It just wouldn't work while people insist on not practicing good hygiene.

I think it would reduce the incidences onboard. After all those same people practice poor hygiene at home which is why norovirus, colds and flu spread thoughout the community. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2019 at 1:50 PM, MicCanberra said:

I just did a weekend cruise and we had 3 medical evacs before we left the harbour, one was before we left the dock at white bay.

Holy Moly, anyway how was the mini cruise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Holy Moly, anyway how was the mini cruise? 

It was great, the medi evacs were not disruptive as we were in the harbour for the vivid show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky they were ahead of where all that trouble was last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Lucky they were ahead of where all that trouble was last night. 

Yeah, would be a bit worrying in the Gulf of Oman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, icat2000 said:

Lucky they were ahead of where all that trouble was last night. 

Must have been the Fairies that fired the torpedos at those oil tankers in the Gulf, no one else is owning up.😫

Edited by NSWP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

They have arrived in Valletta ,Malta. Here is an early morning shot from the bridge cam and one from the Mien Schiff ship looking at them.

 

8D998D97-303A-4548-B2E7-D1DB40DAC22F.thumb.png.bacc2e2d97e41ff60c551b7efcf027d9.pngB07D8266-47F8-4F51-A708-F2E5C510F7D6.thumb.png.08df7c01df0cb8467878a92163f0a5fd.png

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was there in 2012 on Arcadia and will be there again in April, again on Arcadia.  Nice place, lot of history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Nice, I would go for a stroll on Las Ramblas.

Just watch the pickpockets young Mic!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...