Aboard Meraviglia - any questions or requests

Captain-John

46 minutes ago, Rossco01 said:

I don't remember tables and chairs however I managed to find some pics from when we went and you can see there are a few. I wouldn't say this area is particularly special but definitely quieter. You can't see the bar in these as it's around the corner.

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1222.JPG

That’s a shame! 

• 1 month later...

Not used to posting, please bear with me! I have a  query 're drinks package. If you have the easy drinks package, but would like a prosecco or premium drink, do you just pay a supplement or do you have to pay the full amount? Have previously cruised with MSC but prosecco was included in my package. Thanks in advance. 

29 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Why resurrect an old thread to pose that question?

Because there aren't 100's of threads about drinks packages LOL 🤔

Sparkly, you'll pay the full price of any drink not included in your package and the 15% service charge.

On 8/5/2019 at 6:51 AM, sparklymoet said:

Thanks for quick reply, much appreciated. Not very good with this stuff! Will just stick to reading in future lol

Hi, sparklymoet! We'll be sailing Meraviglia in November. It's our 3rd MSC cruise after bailing on Celebrity due to the attractive pricing yet great service on MSC! Please don't be afraid to ask questions! If you post to the wrong thread,  CC members are more than happy to point you in the right direction. That's what this forum is for! We are so thankful for the info provided here, especially from those currently on holiday, like the Captain!

I've read here that you can order a "virgin" or zero alcohol beverage and then ask for a shot of bacardi etc.  (apparently a work around that bartenders are used to... some put it in the drink for you?)  I'm on this transatlantic cruise too.  I'm up for trying this.  Otherwise there are a few basic cocktails included.  On a long trip like this, the price to upgrade is considerable (especially if there are 2 of you).

Can someone tell me what drinks are included in Bella package? and if there are time constraints, e.g, meal hours? Looking for Pellegrino water. Sailed MSC once and had it all the time at meal times from table service and bars located in buffet area.

thanks

We just got off the Seaside a couple of weeks ago. Also sailed on the Divina 1 1/2 years ago. Just booked the Meraviglia for the Caribbean in March 2021. All in the YC. It sounds like you like the Meraviglia just as much as Divina except the feeling of crowds around the ship. I haven’t heard too much about this ship as it’s been in the Med. I’ll have to start watching for more boards on her.  Thank you for your nice review. 

10 minutes ago, rojoand8 said:

I haven’t heard too much about this ship as it’s been in the Med. I’ll have to start watching for more boards on her.  Thank you for your nice review. 

If there's anything specific you want to know, just let me know as I intend to write some kind of report during/after our 23 nights onboard in YC from Oct 18th.

We sailed Meraviglia in YC on her first Med sailing 2 years ago.  I said at the time that I'd only sail in YC on this ship as outside of the enclave felt very crowded.  It was wonderful to retreat to an oasis of calm in the late evenings.  We also loved the fact that the restaurant is situated in the YC area (unlike Fantasia-class ships).

29 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

If there's anything specific you want to know, just let me know as I intend to write some kind of report during/after our 23 nights onboard in YC from Oct 18th.

We sailed Meraviglia in YC on her first Med sailing 2 years ago.  I said at the time that I'd only sail in YC on this ship as outside of the enclave felt very crowded.  It was wonderful to retreat to an oasis of calm in the late evenings.  We also loved the fact that the restaurant is situated in the YC area (unlike Fantasia-class ships).

As we're sailing Meraviglia in December, I'd love to hear how the food is in the YC (menu pictures would be great, but even a short description would be fine). Also, I'd love to know who the maître d' is, assuming he/she will be on our cruise (Dec 8). 

Thanking you in advance! 😃