Live from the 5/14 Caribbean Princess

Host CJSKIDS

34 minutes ago, zahav1 said:

I was on the Caribbean in March for 2 weeks, and the AC worked great.  In fact it was too cold in most places and had to take a sweater and the cabin was always cool.  I wonder what they did to it during dry / wet dock?

No idea. But many people had zero AC and their rooms were 89 degrees. 

And many areas of the ship are warm. 

Sitting in Explorer’s waiting for the Officer Lip Synch competition to start and its very chilly here! 

1 hour ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Unfortunately they did! 😂

It was hysterical. Then at one point the wig flew off as well as other things. 

Matt the cruise director did a spoof of the song from Dirty Dancing along with another crew member. Everyone was howling with laughter. 

• Haha 1

Thank You.

Having a served in the dining hall emarkation lunch is great,  the way it was, and should be too.

Besides taking a lot of us paying cruiosers out out of the Sloop Line ..it makes the ship much more in order.

5 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

It was hysterical. Then at one point the wig flew off as well as other things. 

Matt the cruise director did a spoof of the song from Dirty Dancing along with another crew member. Everyone was howling with laughter. 

Hi

Is that Andi?  The assistant cruise director?  Enquiring as my kids loved him on our first Princess cruise and would be super excited to find out he is on Caribbean Princess in a few months time 😉

Thank you for your live update we are sailing on the Caribbean Princess May 25th and are getting excited. Last time we were on Caribbean Princess was 2006. Are there any tips you can give us about this cruise? Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise with good a/c.

6 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Breakfast in the MDR is a slow morning. Ordered about 30 minutes ago

In contrast, we picked up an omelette in the buffet and took back to our balcony. Total time was about 5 minutes and the back section of the buffet ( the only part we walked through) was about 75% empty at about 8:45. I figured most had walked off with little luggage some it was only a 4 night sailing.

4 minutes ago, VaCruzers said:

In contrast, we picked up an omelette in the buffet and took back to our balcony. Total time was about 5 minutes and the back section of the buffet ( the only part we walked through) was about 75% empty at about 8:45. I figured most had walked off with little luggage some it was only a 4 night sailing.

This was the only time we had breakfast in the MDR so we decided to enjoy the last morning.  There was almost no one in there and as you said, the ship was empty.  I have never found my luggage so quickly or literally walked off and cruised through immigration/customs without anyone in front of me at the 9 am time frame. 

2 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

This was the only time we had breakfast in the MDR so we decided to enjoy the last morning.  There was almost no one in there and as you said, the ship was empty.  I have never found my luggage so quickly or literally walked off and cruised through immigration/customs without anyone in front of me at the 9 am time frame. 

Turnaround went fairly quickly. We met at 10 and we were required to disembark to the terminal but we're back onboard by 10:50. If have preferred to have immigration come onboard as in previous experiences, but it did help me meet my step goal for the day 😀

On 5/17/2019 at 1:12 AM, Geoffa30 said:

Judging by the renderings of Sky Princess and Enchanted Princess, I expect to see chairs similar to these new ones on those ships. Whilst I’m all for Princess modernising decor and furnishings, it shouldn’t be to the detriment of comfort. These chairs would probably be okay if the cushion was at least twice as thick and the webbing was wood to double up as the table. Arms would also be nice.

First the missing barrel chair now the thin cushions and missing table.  What is next.  Standing room only!!

17 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

First the missing barrel chair now the thin cushions and missing table.  What is next.  Standing room only!!

We were very disappointed in the Sanctuary and the changes.  The two sides that are out in the sun have only a few of those chairs, no tables and all planters gone.  Just not an inviting area.  

For anyone who has spent a lot of time in the Sanctuary, you may be very disappointed in the changes.  

• Like 2

With all of the changes in the sanctuary with less cushions and no chairs and passengers not staying in there-do you feel Princess may add better cushions and chairs in the near future?

We love the sanctuary and book full days for the entire cruise-if what passengers say they are uncomfortable and no tables there we may have to re think going there at all or looking at other vacation options?

we have a window suite/no balcony/ and look forward to the privacy and quiet on board=Thoughts?

Thank You!

3 minutes ago, CruiseKing said:

Not correct. The main dinning room was open at 12pm. I had lunch on embarkation day.

Yes, I had corrected that.  I was told repeatedly by customer relations that there was no main dining room open and for the first time it was listed in the patter like it normally is.  

I did find it by walking around and had a wonderful lunch!

On 5/17/2019 at 11:23 AM, kywildcatfanone said:

No way would I consider that any kind of compensation for the discomfort of a hot cabin.  I think the only option for me would be a return of my cruise fare and flight home from the next stop.

alrighty then

19 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

We were very disappointed in the Sanctuary and the changes.  The two sides that are out in the sun have only a few of those chairs, no tables and all planters gone.  Just not an inviting area.  

For anyone who has spent a lot of time in the Sanctuary, you may be very disappointed in the changes.  

I understand your disappointment with the changes in the Sanctuary.  I fell the same way about only having one chair to sit on in a balcony cabin.  This has cause me to look else where for a cruise.  Now I check the four or five cruise lines that I like, and will go where the best deal for a balcony cabin with two places to sit.

Host CJSkids seems to be enjoying the cruise, which I am happy for.  But with these cutbacks, and not being comfortable in the places that a PAX like to spend there time in, how much longer will PAX put up with this, before looking for another cruise line.

• Like 2