FTTF- how far out does it become available?

snake114

We are booked on a February 2020 cruise on the new Panorama.  FTTF is not yet listed as an option in the home port shore excursion list.  Anyone know how far ahead of the cruise they add it as an option to purchase?  We want to jump on it as soon as it is available.

Thanks!

There isn't really a set time when it'll come available, but it eventually will.  Check often, and check several times a day if you can.  I was able to snag it just this morning for our cruise in October.  I've read that early morning is best.  I saw it, bought it, refreshed the page...and it was sold out again.  

For our March 2020 cruise, FTTF was released a year out. I was surprised to see it so early.

Even if it sells out before you get it, keep checking OFTEN. When people who have it cancel, it gets thrown back into the pool. This tends to be a bit more common around your final payment date, that's when people often cancel. If Carnival determines there aren't too many platinum/diamond on that cruise, they might also release more FTTF.

Since yours hasn't even released yet, I think if you check a couple times a day, you'll catch it. They sell out fast, but I don't think they'd sell out in a day. Ours took 1-2 weeks to sell out this time. Last year, they lasted 2-3 months. We waited too long and ours sold out for our March cruise, but I was able to snag one a couple mornings ago around 5:45am. I just happened to wake up and figured I'd look. Still need one more, so we keep looking.

Edited by Organized Chaos

FTTF for our Oct 26th cruise came available about 8 1/2 months out. It sold out in two days. Join a roll call group on Cruise Critic or other social media.   Members tend to keep each other informed. 

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

We're cruising on the Horizon in early November, 2019. FTTF opened up almost exactly 9 months before.  I don't know exactly when it sold out - I stopped checking after 2 weeks- but I do know it didn't sell out as quickly as the people in our FB group thought it would.  

• 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, Greektreats said:

I hate to be ignorant, but what is FTTF?  We are a group of 8 cabins cruising on Panorama in February so if we need this, we need to get on it!  Haven’t cruised Carnival in a number of years!!

It's a neat feature if you want to pay for it. It allows you to one the first groups to board....but not THE first. Here's a link that describes it:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374

It's highly sought after with limited availability. The offerings sell out quickly.

Edited by Joe817

6 minutes ago, Greektreats said:

Thank you, Joe817. So I should look at Shore Excursions on our sailing to see if it’s available?

Yes, and the sooner the better! They sell out quickly. And if you see it's available be quick to buy it! 

25 minutes ago, Greektreats said:

Thank you, Joe817. So I should look at Shore Excursions on our sailing to see if it’s available?

If you meant you're cruising THIS February, as in next month, there's a chance it wasn't even made available for your cruise. For new ships, they don't sell FTTF for the first few months that ship sails because there's typically a lot of Diamond and Platinum cruisers onboard. The number of FTTF they sell is capacity controlled based on the number of D/P who book a cruise. It was supposed to be available on the Panorama for cruises starting in February, but some reported it wasn't available for theirs. If it was available, but sold out, it'll still show up in your excursions, but will say Sold Out. At that point, the only chance you have of getting it is if Carnival releases more or if someone who had it cancels. The only thing you can do when they sell out is to check for it very often...morning, noon & night...to see if it pops up. I've been able to catch one for two different cruises around 5:00-5:30 am, but they can show up anytime. We're still trying to catch one more for our March cruise, but it's looking grim.

28 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

My September 2020 cruise does not have FTTF yet.  I keep checking!

That's odd. We booked our Freedom cruise back in August of last year for our Freedom cruise to depart 09/13/2020 and they had it then. Maybe it's ship dependent when they release FTTF. What ship are you sailing? 

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

If you meant you're cruising THIS February, as in next month, there's a chance it wasn't even made available for your cruise. For new ships, they don't sell FTTF for the first few months that ship sails because there's typically a lot of Diamond and Platinum cruisers onboard. The number of FTTF they sell is capacity controlled based on the number of D/P who book a cruise. It was supposed to be available on the Panorama for cruises starting in February, but some reported it wasn't available for theirs. If it was available, but sold out, it'll still show up in your excursions, but will say Sold Out. At that point, the only chance you have of getting it is if Carnival releases more or if someone who had it cancels. The only thing you can do when they sell out is to check for it very often...morning, noon & night...to see if it pops up. I've been able to catch one for two different cruises around 5:00-5:30 am, but they can show up anytime. We're still trying to catch one more for our March cruise, but it's looking grim.

February Panorama cruises had FTTF made available and then everyone was refunded. They said they won't be offering it after all.

7 hours ago, Joe817 said:

That's odd. We booked our Freedom cruise back in August of last year for our Freedom cruise to depart 09/13/2020 and they had it then. Maybe it's ship dependent when they release FTTF. What ship are you sailing? 

Carnival Spirit (Alaska)