Cruise Critic Community
snake114

FTTF- how far out does it become available?

We are booked on a February 2020 cruise on the new Panorama.  FTTF is not yet listed as an option in the home port shore excursion list.  Anyone know how far ahead of the cruise they add it as an option to purchase?  We want to jump on it as soon as it is available.

Thanks!

There isn't really a set time when it'll come available, but it eventually will.  Check often, and check several times a day if you can.  I was able to snag it just this morning for our cruise in October.  I've read that early morning is best.  I saw it, bought it, refreshed the page...and it was sold out again.  

Posted (edited)

For our March 2020 cruise, FTTF was released a year out. I was surprised to see it so early.

Even if it sells out before you get it, keep checking OFTEN. When people who have it cancel, it gets thrown back into the pool. This tends to be a bit more common around your final payment date, that's when people often cancel. If Carnival determines there aren't too many platinum/diamond on that cruise, they might also release more FTTF.

Since yours hasn't even released yet, I think if you check a couple times a day, you'll catch it. They sell out fast, but I don't think they'd sell out in a day. Ours took 1-2 weeks to sell out this time. Last year, they lasted 2-3 months. We waited too long and ours sold out for our March cruise, but I was able to snag one a couple mornings ago around 5:45am. I just happened to wake up and figured I'd look. Still need one more, so we keep looking.

Edited by Organized Chaos

Posted (edited)

FTTF for our Oct 26th cruise came available about 8 1/2 months out. It sold out in two days. Join a roll call group on Cruise Critic or other social media.   Members tend to keep each other informed. 

Edited by Butterbean1000

I've always bought it 12-14 months out. I bought it for our May 2020 sailing back in March. 

We're cruising on the Horizon in early November, 2019. FTTF opened up almost exactly 9 months before.  I don't know exactly when it sold out - I stopped checking after 2 weeks- but I do know it didn't sell out as quickly as the people in our FB group thought it would.  

It must depend on the port as well.  I purchased FTTF  a couple of months ago for my December 2020 cruise.   But that is going out of Miami.  

When does the Panorama start sailing? FTTF doesn't usually become available until after a ship has sailed a couple of months due to the large number of Platinum/Diamonds that tend to sail on new ships.

To add to the last comment, FTTF was not available for the first several months on Vista and Horizon when they started cruising from the states. 

We have arise on the Vista booked for June 2020, and saw fttf available this morning

We are booked 10-11-20.  About a week after I booked it, FTTF showed up on my shore excursions.  I booked it immedeiately.  FTTF is new for me.

I've been checking daily for Sunrise FEB 2020 and nothing is listed yet.