Cruise Critic Community

28 minutes ago, Tonilallison said:

Thanks Eiloo, but is it only for Platnums or do you know if you can purchase a ticket to take the tour? 

Toni if you're Platinum, it'll be free, but if not, there will be a fee and you can book it through Shorex desk (next to Guest Services) and it could be around $100. Sorry, not sure of the price since I haven't paid in quite a few years. 

The Tour itself is really neat and you see so many different areas; it just adds to the complexity of the ship itself. 

Hope you take the opportunity to do the BTS tour, as it will give you a whole new outlook of the workings of the ship. 

Cheers. 

2 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Toni if you're Platinum, it'll be free, but if not, there will be a fee and you can book it through Shorex desk (next to Guest Services) and it could be around $100. Sorry, not sure of the price since I haven't paid in quite a few years. 

The Tour itself is really neat and you see so many different areas; it just adds to the complexity of the ship itself. 

Hope you take the opportunity to do the BTS tour, as it will give you a whole new outlook of the workings of the ship. 

Cheers. 

Thanks so much for this information! 

Hope you enjoy it. Make sure you wear appropriate footwear... close toed shoes are really a must, IMO.  Stairs to climb and halls to walk... it will take time but you'll learn a lot. 

On Day 5 we're in Glacier Bay. Do we just sail through or stop? I saw on the Dailies you posted we are there from 6:30 to 1pm. I want to be on the deck, do I need to plan to be out there the whole time? Thanks in advance! 

1 hour ago, Tonilallison said:

On Day 5 we're in Glacier Bay. Do we just sail through or stop? I saw on the Dailies you posted we are there from 6:30 to 1pm. I want to be on the deck, do I need to plan to be out there the whole time? Thanks in advance! 

You stay on the ship in Glacier Bay.  It stops in a coupe places for sightseeing, but there's no disembarking or excursions.