Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My fiance and I sailed on the Bliss in February and took our new 360 camera along. Due to various technical limitations and real-life obstacles, it took a long time for use to get the videos processed and uploaded to YouTube, but we finally did it! If you aren't familiar with 360 videos, they actually allow you to pan the camera around by clicking and dragging on the video as you watch them, which is pretty spiffy. My fiance shot all the videos and tried to do little tours of most of the public spaces on the ship, so if you haven't been on the Bliss, they are great for giving you a good sense of the space.

 

Here's the link to our new YouTube channel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

My fiance and I sailed on the Bliss in February and took our new 360 camera along. Due to various technical limitations and real-life obstacles, it took a long time for use to get the videos processed and uploaded to YouTube, but we finally did it! If you aren't familiar with 360 videos, they actually allow you to pan the camera around by clicking and dragging on the video as you watch them, which is pretty spiffy. My fiance shot all the videos and tried to do little tours of most of the public spaces on the ship, so if you haven't been on the Bliss, they are great for giving you a good sense of the space.

 

Here's the link to our new YouTube channel.

Enjoyed. Thanks!

Are there any cabin videos?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Enjoyed. Thanks!

Are there any cabin videos?

 

The only cabin video we have is of our own cabin, which was 13852. On our upcoming sailing on the Escape, our Roll Call is planning a cabin crawl, so we hope to get videos of more cabin types on the Escape at least. Here's the video of our angled BA balcony on the Bliss:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

My fiance and I sailed on the Bliss in February and took our new 360 camera along. Due to various technical limitations and real-life obstacles, it took a long time for use to get the videos processed and uploaded to YouTube, but we finally did it! If you aren't familiar with 360 videos, they actually allow you to pan the camera around by clicking and dragging on the video as you watch them, which is pretty spiffy. My fiance shot all the videos and tried to do little tours of most of the public spaces on the ship, so if you haven't been on the Bliss, they are great for giving you a good sense of the space.

 

Here's the link to our new YouTube channel.

Cool, I subscribed

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Cool, I subscribed

 

We're sailing on the Escape in June and hope to shoot a lot more videos then. Hopefully we'll get them posted to YouTube much more quickly than this batch now that we have the process figured out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

 

We're sailing on the Escape in June and hope to shoot a lot more videos then. Hopefully we'll get them posted to YouTube much more quickly than this batch now that we have the process figured out.

My wife and I are headed out on the Escape June 9th. I'm taking a bunch of gear including my drone. I might just pick up a 360 camera. I plan to do 4-5 cabin tours along with a bunch of stuff on Bermuda

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

My wife and I are headed out on the Escape June 9th. I'm taking a bunch of gear including my drone. I might just pick up a 360 camera. I plan to do 4-5 cabin tours along with a bunch of stuff on Bermuda

 

Ha! We are on the sailing right before you! Do you have a YouTube channel that you would be posting your videos to? I would love to check it out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

 

So, you know how I know I've been watching our videos too much? The very first video of yours of the Escape that I clicked into, I tried to pan the camera. 😋

LOL,

 

360 video takes a while to edit and upload. I haven't found a good 360 editing program for Mac so I don't bother

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Laszlo said:

LOL,

 

360 video takes a while to edit and upload. I haven't found a good 360 editing program for Mac so I don't bother

 

The camera we bought is a Rylo. When we bought it, they claimed they had a Windows desktop app coming soon, but currently only offered an Android app, an iOS app, and a Mac desktop app. Well about a month after we bought the camera, they announced they had scrapped plans for the Windows app. So part of the delay in us getting the videos processed was that we could only use our Android phones to export the video files from their proprietary video format to usable MP4s. As you can imagine, that was a SLOW process. We finally broke down and bought an open box Mac Mini from Best Buy over the weekend so we could finish processing the files. Still VERY slow, as the video quality the Mac Desktop app puts out is much higher than what the phones were doing, but at least we no longer have to tie up our phones doing the processing and constantly having to move files off our phones to free up space.

 

We are NOT Mac people, no offense. And this entire experience has definitely done NOTHING to sway us towards becoming Mac people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

 

The camera we bought is a Rylo. When we bought it, they claimed they had a Windows desktop app coming soon, but currently only offered an Android app, an iOS app, and a Mac desktop app. Well about a month after we bought the camera, they announced they had scrapped plans for the Windows app. So part of the delay in us getting the videos processed was that we could only use our Android phones to export the video files from their proprietary video format to usable MP4s. As you can imagine, that was a SLOW process. We finally broke down and bought an open box Mac Mini from Best Buy over the weekend so we could finish processing the files. Still VERY slow, as the video quality the Mac Desktop app puts out is much higher than what the phones were doing, but at least we no longer have to tie up our phones doing the processing and constantly having to move files off our phones to free up space.

 

We are NOT Mac people, no offense. And this entire experience has definitely done NOTHING to sway us towards becoming Mac people.

Great info, Ouch $500 for the Camera. I've been a Mac user for 35 years, I'm a graphic artist. I also use Windows Machines. Apple products are more expensive yet they last 3-4 times as long. iMovie is a fantastic free program that comes standard on all Mac. I've taught people on Macs and Windows machines and 90% of the people trend to Mac. I tell everyone if your thinking of buying a Mac and don't need the lastest and greatest machine buy a refurbished unit a year or two old from Apple and save $300-500. The warranty and service is like new. It comes down to what you are most comfortable with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jamie for the videos.  I follow a lot of the threads that you are on because you have such valuable info and I noticed you said he's your fiance, not SO anymore.  Are you engaged?  Congrats!!!!!

Edited by CaliMom05
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaliMom05 said:

Thanks Jamie for the videos.  I follow a lot of the threads that you are on because you have such valuable info and I noticed you said he's your fiance, not SO anymore.  Are you engaged?  Congrats!!!!!

 

We are, though we don't have a date set yet. We are hoping to be able to eventually afford to get married on a cruise ship. 😃

Edited by JamieLogical
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...