Caribbean Tier question

jeanlyon

On our recent Aurora cruise, we were Caribbean members.  I have just noticed on the list of benefits that we should have received a half bottle of champagne in the cabin, but we didn't.  Any comments?

8 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

On our recent Aurora cruise, we were Caribbean members.  I have just noticed on the list of benefits that we should have received a half bottle of champagne in the cabin, but we didn't.  Any comments?

You was robbed.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Never thought to look in the fridge!  We don't use it.  Thought it would be in an ice bucket.  But even so, surely there would have been a note with it?

There is generally a card but the half bottle is always put in the fridge. You can if you want take it to the MDR or a speciality restaurant. You do not have to drink it in the cabin.

27 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I don't think we got it.  There was no card.  Let's see what they say - in about a week!!!

A week? Have things improved? I’ve known them take 6 weeks and once we never even had a reply! We turned Caribbean mid cruise so will get the half bottle of bubbly next time. I hadn’t appreciated that having taken ages to get to Caribbean, when we finish our next 3 cruises over the next year we will only be 4 nights off Baltic. I only thought of it when the Captain mentioned at the Peninsular drinks how many passengers of each tier were on board. There were 50 percent more Baltic passengers than Caribbean. 

5 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

A week? Have things improved? I’ve known them take 6 weeks and once we never even had a reply! We turned Caribbean mid cruise so will get the half bottle of bubbly next time. I hadn’t appreciated that having taken ages to get to Caribbean, when we finish our next 3 cruises over the next year we will only be 4 nights off Baltic. I only thought of it when the Captain mentioned at the Peninsular drinks how many passengers of each tier were on board. There were 50 percent more Baltic passengers than Caribbean. 

To reach Baltic you also have to cruise 80+ days in 3 years. Effectively it two 14 night cruises per year. 

2 minutes ago, daiB said:

To reach Baltic you also have to cruise 80+ days in 3 years. Effectively it two 14 night cruises per year. 

I thought that the number of cruises in 3 years only applied to Ligurian Dai. Is there a condition on Baltic as well?

9 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I thought that the number of cruises in 3 years only applied to Ligurian Dai. Is there a condition on Baltic as well?

Yes I am afraid so. You have to have 2500+ points and 80+ days in a three year period. To get to Ligurian it’s 2500+ points and 201+ days. We are short of Ligurian by about 10 points most of the time. You have to cruise about 66 days per year and we are around 50 to 60.

Edited by daiB

Hi Jean, we haven’t had the champagne placed in the fridge only left on the table with a little card beside it. Did you enjoy the Caribbean lunch? We had reached the dizzy heights of Baltic level on our last cruise, not a lot of difference just had the lunch earlier in the cruise! 

Rosemary

didn't go to the lunch Rosemary.  Not our thing.  Don't want booze at lunchtime or a big lunch.  Didn't go to the Captains party either!!  Yes i thought it would be on the table with a card.  Will see what they say.

7 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Sorry to hear you didn't get your half bottle of champagne.

We often book a superior deluxe balcony cabin and get a bottle of champagne and box of chocolates in our cabin.

IMG_20180824_132503.jpg

1 hour ago, daiB said:

Yes I am afraid so. You have to have 2500+ points and 80+ days in a three year period. To get to Ligurian it’s 2500+ points and 201+ days. We are short of Ligurian by about 10 points most of the time. You have to cruise about 66 days per year and we are around 50 to 60.

Ah, I see. Doubt we will go beyond Caribbean then. On our current level of cruises we would certainly meet the Baltic criteria, but we think that we are likely to be reducing our cruising frequency after next year as we are starting to struggle to find itineraries that are of enough appeal to us, having done most of the regular ex Southampton routes a few times each. 

1 hour ago, daiB said:

Almost correct, you only need 2000+ points for Baltic plus the 80 days, but 2500+ to reach ligurian plus the 201 days.

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Almost correct, you only need 2000+ points for Baltic plus the 80 days, but 2500+ to reach ligurian plus the 201 days.

Caribbean

2001-2001+ points

10%

Baltic

2501 points AND at least 80 nights spent onboard within 3 years of next cruise

10%

Ligurian

2501 points AND at least 201 nights spent onboard within 3 years of next cruise

7.5%

Sorry John but it is you who was almost correct as you can see from the table.

31 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Ah, I see. Doubt we will go beyond Caribbean then. On our current level of cruises we would certainly meet the Baltic criteria, but we think that we are likely to be reducing our cruising frequency after next year as we are starting to struggle to find itineraries that are of enough appeal to us, having done most of the regular ex Southampton routes a few times each. 

We find ourselves in a similar situation.

We managed to get to Baltic level as we did a couple of long cruises in 2016 and 2017, but have since slipped back to Caribbean.

We are increasingly looking at other cruise lines, to get different itineraries and different experiences. We’re also having a break from cruising in 2020.

P&O is still my ‘main’ cruise line, but there’s only a certain amount of times you can go on a standard 14 day Med cruise or to the Canaries. 

24 minutes ago, daiB said:

Caribbean

2001-2001+ points

10%

Baltic

10%

Ligurian

7.5%

Why is it only showing 7.5% discount for Ligurian?

18 minutes ago, daiB said:

Caribbean

2001-2001+ points

10%

Baltic

10%

Ligurian

7.5%

It might say that but we are below 2500 but still received Baltic Tier on our most recent cruise.

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It might say that but we are below 2500 but still received Baltic Tier on our most recent cruise.

Well those are the rules and as far as i know have not changed since it came in.