Cruise Critic Community
debnrick

Airport Shuttle: Carnival Panorama to Long Beach Airport

I know it’s way in advance (sailing 2/8/20) but will Carnival Panorama offer an airport shuttle service from the pier to Long Beach airport upon debarkation?

I would expect they will offer transfers, yes, for a price. You can probably do it cheaper by Uber/Lyft, or taxi.

Have you asked on the Carnival board to see if Carnival (which operates at Long Beach year around, not just the new ship) offers airport transfers? I bet they do.

Posted (edited)

Though LGB is a little closer to port, there are very few flights in and out of there...so, the overwhelming number of cruise passengers who fly in and out do it from LAX...So, with such a small demand number, a good chance they only offer transfers to and from LAX...

However, whichever airport you use, you are far better off using Uber...and even with a shared shuttle service.  You won’t have to wait for them to fill up a bus, you can go on your own schedule...AND it’s likely cheaper...

Edited by Bruin Steve

They did last summer.  I really wanted to fly in and out of Long Beach, but nothing seemed to work schedule-wise.  Hopefully you have better luck.  LAX had better schedules and better prices for flights, but the airport was a bit of a pain in the rear to figure out.  We did though, and used Uber.   We will be on your sailing; it will be the second leg of our B2B.

This is the link to their website with the info; it's listed as $23.99:

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions/los-angeles-long-beach/transportation-long-beach-airport-to-pier-113025

Carnival offers transfers to both Long Beach and LAX for their current cruises.  I don't image that it will change once the new ship is docked there.  You can find them under the excursions page for your cruise.

8 hours ago, naxer said:

This is the link to their website with the info; it's listed as $23.99:

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

Carnival offers transfers to both Long Beach and LAX for their current cruises.  I don't image that it will change once the new ship is docked there.  You can find them under the excursions page for your cruise.

Even if they do...and they charge $24 per person, it's still silly to take that...

That's $48 for two people--and you may sit in a hot bus in Long Beach waiting for them to fill that bus with 40 other people from your cruise.

Uber will pick you up probably within 10 minutes of your call...and give you an UberX to LGB for under $17 plius a small tip...$25 for an UberXL...

Just now, Bruin Steve said:

Even if they do...and they charge $24 per person, it's still silly to take that...

That's $48 for two people--and you may sit in a hot bus in Long Beach waiting for them to fill that bus with 40 other people from your cruise.

Uber will pick you up probably within 10 minutes of your call...and give you an UberX to LGB for under $17 plius a small tip...$25 for an UberXL...

I agree.  I was just answering the question that was asked 🙂