Excursions on NCL Website

benkon

Hello!  I have a booked cruise on the Getaway.  We've made shore excursion reservations for all ports through NCL.  

Why can I no longer see any of the other excursions available for each port?  I can only "see" the one I booked.  What if I want to change my mind and book another excursion or at least compare my options?

Why can't I see the prices for my booked excursions (they all say $0)?  Even the confirmation email they sent me has no prices.  

This seems rather secretive.  If anyone knows a trick to get the info I want from the website, please let me know.

I used to love NCL.  Not sure how I feel anymore.

29 minutes ago, benkon said:

Hello!  I have a booked cruise on the Getaway.  We've made shore excursion reservations for all ports through NCL.  

Why can I no longer see any of the other excursions available for each port?  I can only "see" the one I booked.  What if I want to change my mind and book another excursion or at least compare my options?

Why can't I see the prices for my booked excursions (they all say $0)?  Even the confirmation email they sent me has no prices.  

This seems rather secretive.  If anyone knows a trick to get the info I want from the website, please let me know.

One reason that you cannot see other excursions is they might be SOLD OUT.

The only way to know more about what is/is not available, is to call the Shore Excursion Desk.

I am assuming that you have ShorEx port credits and booked through the 800 #, because otherwise you would have an Excursion Invoice with prices that you Pre-Paid (with or without Platinum or Platinum Plus (+/-) level discounts).

So my best advise is the following:

Use this link https://www.ncl.com/shore-excursions  to view what excursions "might" be available at assorted ports and at what price (Note: prices DO change and may not be available for your cruise!)

The bottom line is this, you will need to call the Shore Excursion Desk to make any changes (or do it when on-board the ship). You can also ask them to verify pricing.

We have had excursion price changes on assorted NCL cruises... some went up, some went down.

We have also had to deal with ShorEx, while on the ship, just to have our Platinum Plus discount applied (someone did not enter it correctly sometime during the process).

Best wishes and I hope that everything works out as desired!

Once you’ve booked your excursions, you can no longer see what else is available for that port while logged into your account. You need to

log out of your NCL account, and then go under shore excursions to look. The exception to this is if you’ve got enough time to book two excursions in one day. At least, that’s what I’ve found with my account.

7 hours ago, benkon said:

There isn't anything secret and really nothing to impact your "Love"

When booking excursions as part of the Free at Sea Shore Excursion perk you were not charged at time of booking, price $0.

If you call, NCL can provide your cost/price and help you make changes and help you compare excursions to help you select what's right for your group.

Your onboard account will be charged for all of those excursions on Day 1. Your shore excursion tickets will also be in your cabin when you arrive in the room.

While onboard you can change your excursions as long as you're outside the 48 hour window, just bring your tickets for the excursion to the ShoreX desk. I've canceled my simply writing cancel on my tickets and dropping them in the overnight slot at the ShoreX desk, very convenient.

We booked our excursions for our upcoming Mediterranean cruise. I wrote down the price for each and we will actually pay for a few of those excursions prior to our cruise so that our post cruise excursion bill is minimal after the perk credits and our Latitudes discounts are applied.

I hope this restores your Love!

7 hours ago, benkon said:

The NCL website will not let you double book a time. So,,, if you booked an excursion from 8:00-3:00, the system will not display any shore excursions that would conflict with those hours. However, if you booked an excursion from 8:00-10:00, the system would display anything after 10:00. 

Because they are booked and "charged" to your onboard account. 

You can see all excursions by cancelling everything you booked. You always run a chance that the shore excursion will sell out while you are playing games. 

It has always worked this way. Not sure why you don't love NCL for protecting you from double booking your time. 

There is a difference between "seeing" something and being able to "book" it.  A simple solution would be to allow the customer to see all of the excursions available for the entire itinerary and then simply have a pop-up preventing you from adding it to your cart without cancelling the conflicting excursion first.  

I like to do things online rather than calling.  I also like the confirmation emails of things I have purchased to include the sales price, minus discounts and promotions, so that I can make financial plans.  

BirdTravels:  I hope the vast majority of your 15,580 posts were less condescending and sarcastic.  

3 hours ago, yearsofcruising said:

The above answer is to the point . Found this out after calling NCL rep. I saw 2 excursions non conflicting times but I only had 15 minutes between an arrival back & new departure..wasn't going to chance it..

Just FYI, if you have enough time to schedule more than one excursion you need 45 minutes between them to book them through NCL.  This is at least what I was told when I was booking my excursions and have two in one day.  I have the shore-ex credit so I had to call, I am not sure if it would let you book it online.

4 hours ago, benkon said:

There is a difference between "seeing" something and being able to "book" it.  A simple solution would be to allow the customer to see all of the excursions available for the entire itinerary and then simply have a pop-up preventing you from adding it to your cart without cancelling the conflicting excursion first.  

I like to do things online rather than calling.  I also like the confirmation emails of things I have purchased to include the sales price, minus discounts and promotions, so that I can make financial plans.  

BirdTravels:  I hope the vast majority of your 15,580 posts were less condescending and sarcastic.  

Let's try not to make it personal and Bird actually gave you a solution:

Cancel the excursions you have booked and book onboard. You will see everything up to two days prior to sailing,  prices and all.