Our last Port Everglades HAL sighting of the season - Amsterdam - May 16, 2019

Scrapnana

7 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I can understand why! Please allow me to attempt to clear some of that up. Capt. Jeroen Schuchmann, who has a long association with Prinsendam both as captain and, prior to his promotion, as staff captain, was scheduled to take over command of P-dam on 20 May in Amsterdam, relieving Norwegian Captain Dag D. Capt. Schuchmann has also been named as going to Amsterdam, the ship. The latter would occur after his handover of P-dam to the Germans on 01 Jul. 

It that plan is still in effect, an interim captain will take over command of Amsterdam from Capt. Mercer today in FLL. If those plans have been changed however, and Capt. Schuchmann is now not going to Prinsendam in Amsterdam on 20 May, chances would be pretty good, he's taking over command of Amsterdam today instead of an interim captain and someone else, could be Captain Dag, will get the P-dam handover. Hope that makes more sense and I'll attempt to verify who's on first

You need a road map, to figure things out.. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Himself said:

My question why the delay?

They're singling up lines now, Father! Perhaps a delay in loading since she's going all the way to Seattle. Sounds like she still might have some longshoremen onboard in the Marshaling Area

Edited by Copper10-8

Just now, IllinoisGirl1978 said:

Is there a Capt Smit?

Well, Staff Captain Jan Smit used to be Captain Jan Smit................. Having said that, Smit (Smith) is a very common last name in Holland and there are currently a Captain Ane Jan Smit and a Captain Vincent Smit with HAL

21 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

Didn't Cpt Albert say Cpt Dag had already left for a different small ship line?

Yes, that is what I recall reading on Captain Albert's blog.  I think Kazu sailed with a different Master on Prinsendam than what she had expected to do.  I think she expected Captain Dag to be at the helm.

So the last pop quiz for the Ft. Lauderdale fall/winter/spring season is as follows; All dam ships have a midnight blue-painted hull with that color known as "Nieuw Amsterdam blue". That color was first applied in 1972. What color was the hull of HAL's ships prior to this switch?

Just now, Copper10-8 said:

So the last pop quiz for the Ft. Lauderdale fall/winter/spring season is as follows; All dam ships have a midnight blue-painted hull with that color known as "Nieuw Amsterdam blue". That color was first applied in 1972. What color was the hull of HAL's ships prior to this switch?

Gray

• Like 1

Just now, Copper10-8 said:

grey/gray

• Like 1