Live 18/5/2019 Indy's back in Europe

Good morning from a SUNNY North sea. Haven't been outside yet but at least it looks nice.

Last night after dinner we went up to the Silent Disco, only 2 channels on Royal(3 on X) but still great fun and some dancing to burn off all the calories we are eating!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, little britain said:

The top cruiser you mention I think is my friend, he’s actually English but has lived in Canada 🇨🇦 for years! 

I can't remember his name but he did a little speech and he said one of the reasons he cruises so much on Royal is because of the Flowrider.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kernow said:

Good morning from a SUNNY North sea. Haven't been outside yet but at least it looks nice.

Last night after dinner we went up to the Silent Disco, only 2 channels on Royal(3 on X) but still great fun and some dancing to burn off all the calories we are eating!

I didn't know RCC did the silent disco's. We experienced our first one on Celeb last year. We loved it.

16 hours ago, jaz33 said:

Thanks again for this great report. If you get a chance could you post a picture of some of the drinks menu’s please?  In particular the Martini list.  Many thanks.  

These are the cocktail pages from the Champagne bar and Boleros which I think are the 2 best bars for cocktails. Let me know if you want anything else.

Something else to mention which I haven't seen on Royal ships before. They have quite a good range of the flavoured gins, it must be specifically for the UK market.

IMG_20190523_112559.jpg

IMG_20190523_112644.jpg

IMG_20190523_112730.jpg

IMG_20190523_112810.jpg

IMG_20190523_112846.jpg

• Like 2

We've been to the ice show this afternoon, more great entertainment. There was a special section featuring Alex and Lucasz from Dancing on Ice, of course they got lots of cheers.

IMG_20190523_145015.jpg

IMG_20190523_152017.jpg

• Like 2

You can clearly tell I am an inexperienced cruiser, but I have a question...🙈

i see that the cocktail prices shown seem to range from 12-14 ($ I assume). Is there a price limit on what is included in the delux beverage package? 

So so for example, if the price limit is 12 but the drink I want is 14 do I just pay the 2 difference?

1 minute ago, Micnvic said:

i see that the cocktail prices shown seem to range from 12-14 ($ I assume). Is there a price limit on what is included in the delux beverage package? 

So so for example, if the price limit is 12 but the drink I want is 14 do I just pay the 2 difference?

I think when sailing from Southampton the limit is $14 and anything above you only pay the difference 

2 minutes ago, Micnvic said:

Yes, there is a price limit, and you would pay the difference plus 18% if you order a drink that exceeds the limit.  If you are cruising from the UK, the menu prices already include the gratuity, so there would be no 18% added to the difference.

On Indy the drinks package includes everything up to $14, there seem to be only a few drinks that are above that price.

Tonight's menu, it was the second formal night.

20190523_204035.jpg

• Like 1

Do they not serve lobster on formal night for cruises in Europe, or is that just a Caribbean thing?

Although, on our cruise last month, they served it the night after formal night. That was the first we ever had that happen. 

18 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Do they not serve lobster on formal night for cruises in Europe, or is that just a Caribbean thing?

Although, on our cruise last month, they served it the night after formal night. That was the first we ever had that happen. 

Lobster only on US based cruises.

Good morning from a sunny Zeebrugge. I'm out on the balcony and it's quite warm already.

Sadly it's our last day today ( but I know some of you will be pleased about that as it means it's almost your turn😀). We've met quite a few people who are staying on for the 2 short cruises.

We're off to breakfast and then heading out for the day.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

No lobster on Europe cruises, it's not such a big thing over here.

17 hours ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

Thank you so much for this amazing review! Do you have a picture of the Vintages menu? Or did I miss that one? Thanks again!

Vintages menu

20190524_145051.jpg

20190524_145057.jpg

20190524_144850.jpg

On 5/23/2019 at 9:32 AM, kernow said:

I can't remember his name but he did a little speech and he said one of the reasons he cruises so much on Royal is because of the Flowrider.

Andrew did a lovely speech.

He mentioned the 3 things he loved , the innovative ships with the flowrider , the hard working crew who look after us and then he said the guests onboard , he mentioned us ! It was a complete surprise to see him on the first night , even though we are in regular contact through e.mail and social media/ messenger  neither of us knew the other would be on this cruise.

He told the story of how we met on his first ever Royal cruise , 14 years ago , through Cruise Critic and that when he was boarding Independence he did not think he was going to know anyone . In fact it was me who told him all about the C&A programme all those years ago and showed him the Concierge lounge, at that time Diamond members were allowed in . We cruised together a year later and Andrew was a Diamond member then, there has been no stopping him since , 😆.

Everyone loves Andrew and he is affectionately referred to as my second husband as whenever we cruise together we go ashore together leaving my hubby on the ship to relax .

• Like 1

Back on board sitting at Sorrentos for a final slice of pizza. Apparently they also do pies (British meat ones) but they have finished so we never got a chance to try one.

There is supposed to be a silent disco on the promenade from 3 to 4.30 but no sign of it yet.