Who is taking Capt Kate's place on Equinox?

Pier290

6 minutes ago, DYKWIA said:

Is that a thing?  Do people book cruises on who they think the Captain might be?

Yes I would look forward to meeting captain Tasos again.  Solstice Australian itineraries are just too far away.  We met him on Constellation years ago and would rate him number one for friendliness and humor.

2 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

Is that a thing?  Do people book cruises on who they think the Captain might be?

Exactly, it’s ludicrous to think people would. Why are so many in awe of the captains though, I just don’t get it. Why not get excited about the chief engineer!!

3 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

Not based on who they think the Captain “might be” but more based on who they KNOW the Captain will be.  Throughout the cruise world there are staff and officers who have large followings and Captain Kate is certainly one of them. She is clearly one of X’s valued assets which is why she is being sent to Edge.

2 hours ago, Newbury newbie said:

Exactly, it’s ludicrous to think people would. Why are so many in awe of the captains though, I just don’t get it. Why not get excited about the chief engineer!!

As a very frequent Celebrity I can tell you that knowing who the Captain is can make a difference in the choice to take a particular cruise when ere are several options. Haven't seen Capt. Tasos since he went to Solstice and will book Equinox to see him again. It's all about relationships. Some Captains elevate my cruise experience, some do not. Honestly there are a few Captains I avoid and some I look forward to seeing. I know quite a few top cruisers who feel the same way.

• Thanks 1

Just reviewed her interview re her time on Edge and she says that though she joins the ship on the 19th she doesn't take over until September. Looks like we will have another Captain then and her onboard as a bonus (as well as her cat obviously)