Unlimited Dining Review - Gluten Free on Navigator Of The Seas

Thanks for sharing, and great pictures. My son gets migraines with gluten, and he's had good experiences with eating on Royal Caribbean and Carnival. I still always enjoy reading up on the latest and other people's experience with GF cruise dining.

I’m so thankful you wrote about the GF options on Navigator. My 9 yr old and husband both have CD, and I’ve been very nervous about the GF options. We usually cruise Carnival, and they ar fantastic with GF. However I thought it would be fun to try an RC cruise this time. 

Since the kids are with us, we won’t do specialty dining (waste of money on good food they don’t appreciate). Could you tell me about your experience with other dining options on Navigator?

Did you eat breakfast/lunch in the MDR?

Did you try the items on the buffet? Pizza? Was it difficult to get GF substitutuions (pasta, buns, pizza crust)?

On Carnival, we would order our GF items the day before (French toast for breakfast, pasta for dinner, etc). But we had a set dining time and the same wait staff. This time I thought we would enjoy our time better if we did the ‘my time dining’. Now, I’m regretting it because of the different staff each night....

Any help/suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. 

• 5 months later...

So appreciative of this. Have celiac and am also a vegetarian, which has made some of my cruising super complicated. I have yet to be on a ship that had a GF fryer, but am going on Navigator in March and am delighted to have read that.

Never been to Jamie's, but you've sold me that it is worth a try. We usually do one special dining night at Giovvani's Table (they usually make me gorgonzola sauce with fresh GF pasta that is to die for), so will have to replace it with Jamie's.  Also excited to try El Loco Fresh, knowing that the cheese sauce is GF. Thanks for all the info (and am going on the Anthem in 2021, so extra good to know about 270 having GF snacks!)

On 5/21/2019 at 2:02 PM, K8T said:

Yes I will of course. I just wondered if anyone had experience, it would be good to know so I can prepare my daughter for disappointment! 

Nothing worse than you get on board full of excitement to find you can’t freely have something!

Sadly she’s used to not being able to have stuff like chocolate and cakes etc.,  without some detective work first!  

Kate 

We have found it to be an amazing experience. Ask for a chef in the WJ to walk you around. If planned ahead, they can make gf french toast and eggs Benedict for breakfast in the MDR. For lunch on some days in the MDR they can make gf chicken fingers and everyone can always make gf Mac and cheese. For desert, they've made bowls of key lime pie filling with meringue topping, flourless chocolate cake, tiramisu filling. The ice cream in the soft serve machine is gf, just take a bowl and spoon from the WJ as the comes are not GF. They can make Gf pizza. The problem with most of the fries is that they have a gluten coating, but not on all ships, just ask. My daughter's biggest disappointment has been that the veges are always carrots and broccoli and that on some ships it's the same gravy for every entree, but on other ships they make sauces to match the food. 

On 12/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, MommaBear55 said:

We have found it to be an amazing experience. Ask for a chef in the WJ to walk you around. If planned ahead, they can make gf french toast and eggs Benedict for breakfast in the MDR. For lunch on some days in the MDR they can make gf chicken fingers and everyone can always make gf Mac and cheese. For desert, they've made bowls of key lime pie filling with meringue topping, flourless chocolate cake, tiramisu filling. The ice cream in the soft serve machine is gf, just take a bowl and spoon from the WJ as the comes are not GF. They can make Gf pizza. The problem with most of the fries is that they have a gluten coating, but not on all ships, just ask. My daughter's biggest disappointment has been that the veges are always carrots and broccoli and that on some ships it's the same gravy for every entree, but on other ships they make sauces to match the food. 

I didn't know about the key lime pie filling or tiramisu filling or mac and cheese (or the soft serve), and I cruise RCCL twice a year. Thank you!!