Advantages to getting a Suite?

I am in the planning phase of a family cruise out of Cape Liberty in 2021.  I am still waiting for itineraries to come out but I would assume the ship would be either Anthem, Oasis or Adventure.  Not sure if there is a difference between ships on Suite categories.  I am looking at booking either 2 connecting rooms or a 2 bedroom Grand Suite.  It will be myself and my husband, our daughter and her husband, and their 2 kids who will be 3 and 4 at time of sailing.  Can someone explain to me what the advantages are in booking a Suite in this category over 2 connecting rooms. I have heard of Suite perks in some discussions, but sometimes it is mentioned that it is only certain categories of Suites.  This would be the highest Suite category I could afford.  Could anyone shed any light on what perks would be included in the price of this Suite over lower class rooms?  Thank you for your insight. 

Grand Suite or Higher
Dedicated Check In Line
Priority Boarding/Suite Waiting Area
Coastal Kitchen
Royal Caribbean Classic Bathrobe
L'Occitane 50 ml Bathroom Amenities
In Room Mr. Coffee/Tea Service
VOOM Internet WiFi
Concierge Service
Exclusive Signature Activities
Suite Lounge/Concierge Club Access
Priority Departure
Reserved Show Seating 
Suite Access Sun Deck and Bar
Free Drinks In Suite Loung 
Free Room Service

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A few things to note...you might find the price of the 2 bedroom grand suite to be close in price to booking two balcony staterooms. The 2 bedroom grand suite is in Sky Class...see the perks listed by person above.

The 2 bedroom grand suite can go quickly depending on sailing/ship since not many of these rooms. Also, the different ships may have that 2 bedroom grand suite located ONLY aft. On Oasis Class it’s midship. Please check deck plans of that ship to be sure.

Also, there’s not too many connecting rooms on a ship, but you can connect balconies by asking your stateroom attendant.

There are many videos of 2 bedroom grand suites on YouTube.

1 hour ago, DanOO said:

Grand Suite or Higher
Dedicated Check In Line
Coastal Kitchen
VOOM Internet WiFi
Concierge Service
Priority Departure
Reserved Show Seating 
Free Room Service

+ Double points from Crown and Anchor

Plus space

9 minutes ago, TimeToGetNauti said:

Thank you everyone. In regards to the free drinks in the Suite Lounge, Is that all day or limited to 'happy hour' like Diamond perks? 

What ship?

29 minutes ago, TimeToGetNauti said:

Thank you everyone. In regards to the free drinks in the Suite Lounge, Is that all day or limited to 'happy hour' like Diamond perks? 

On Oasis, the almost all day drinks are just the Diamond level beers and wines

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, as of now that only applies to Oasis.  I wonder if they can that benefit in NJ. 🤔

That's why I asked.  Several other ships have Suite Lounges now and they don't have the same policy as Oasis class ships. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That's why I asked.  Several other ships have Suite Lounges now and they don't have the same policy as Oasis class ships. 

Do you think Oasis will head back up there in '21?

Seems logical, no need to work on the stacks of the other ones. 

Edited by John&LaLa

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Do you think Oasis will head back up there in '21?

Seems logical, no need to work on the stacks of the other ones. 

No idea, but I think you have a valid point about the stacks.

3 hours ago, TimeToGetNauti said:

On Oasis class ships they have the happy hour from 4:30 until 8:00 pm. Since the Lounge and divining room or side by side you can continue to get free drinks during your meal. From 11am until 11pm you can get beer, soda, and wine (including champagne) at no extra cost.

The beer and wine choices are limited. This is what we found on the Allure last October.

4 hours ago, TimeToGetNauti said:

So you know, suite lounge will only exist on the Oasis or Anthem of the 3 you are looking at.  Adventure of the seas does not have Royal Suite Class, so the suite experience is not as luxurious as on ships like the Anthem or Oasis.

17 minutes ago, NTC0624 said:

So you know, suite lounge will only exist on the Oasis or Anthem of the 3 you are looking at.  Adventure of the seas does not have Royal Suite Class, so the suite experience is not as luxurious as on ships like the Anthem or Oasis.

Anthem doesn't have an SL, still a CL

She does have a CK though

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If you get the drink package, you can get just about anything you want in the SL/CK. The good stuff and not the cheap free stuff. 

Oasis Class

Price doesn’t always equate to quality. Most people can’t tell the difference, especially if you get it with a mix. Drink the “free, cheap stuff” and save $420 p.p. 

4 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Price doesn’t always equate to quality. Most people can’t tell the difference, especially if you get it with a mix. Drink the “free, cheap stuff” and save $420 p.p. 

You can drink anything you want from 11-11 if you have the package (excluding frozen drinks) instead of beer and wine and those beers/wine on the Diamond list. It is just a matter of preference. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You can drink anything you want from 11-11 if you have the package (excluding frozen drinks) instead of beer and wine and those beers/wine on the Diamond list. It is just a matter of preference. 

You can buy a drink up there ala carte

18 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And if you are traveling with a 3 year old and a 4 year old, maybe drinking isn't your highest priority.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

And if you are traveling with a 3 year old and a 4 year old, maybe drinking isn't your highest priority.

My response was in regards to posts #12. Had nothing to do with 3 and 4 year olds. 

One is not limited to beer/wine outside of cocktail hours 11-11. There are options. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Keep in mind that Royal markets their suite areas as "exclusive" when in fact, they are not.  You are lead to believe that suite areas are only for those who paid for a suite; they are not.  Royal's top tier of cruisers are called Pinnacles.  They are granted access to "exclusive" suite areas whether they paid for a suite or not.  They can be easily identified since they all wear RCI provided gold lapel pins with their names on them.  If there happen to be many of them on your selected cruise you will find limited to no seating in the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  Make sure to make your reservations for Coastal Kitchen in advance when the concierge emails you a week or so prior to your cruise.  Godspeed.  

• Like 4

19 hours ago, DanOO said:

Grand Suite or Higher
Dedicated Check In Line
Coastal Kitchen
VOOM Internet WiFi
Concierge Service
Priority Departure
Reserved Show Seating 
Free Room Service

These benefits are only available on the boats that have the Royal Suite class, which includes Quantum and Oasis class boats. Adventures of the Seas does not have the Royal Suite class and the benefits are less.

At the same time, if you look at the pricing you will find that suites on Adventures of the Seas are considerably cheaper than similar suites on Anthem and Oasis.

35 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Keep in mind that Royal markets their suite areas as "exclusive" when in fact, they are not.  You are lead to believe that suite areas are only for those who paid for a suite; they are not.  Royal's top tier of cruisers are called Pinnacles.  They are granted access to "exclusive" suite areas whether they paid for a suite or not.  They can be easily identified since they all wear RCI provided gold lapel pins with their names on them.  If there happen to be many of them on your selected cruise you will find limited to no seating in the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen.  Make sure to make your reservations for Coastal Kitchen in advance when the concierge emails you a week or so prior to your cruise.  Godspeed.  

While some of this is accurate, I feel you are to hung up on the term exclusive. 

This is some of the verbage I find in the marketing details.

1)

Q - Can you provide further details about the Coastal Kitchen amenity?

A - Exclusively for Suite Guests and Pinnacle members,.....

2)

SKY

Concierge Service
All Day Access to Coastal Kitchen*
Specialty Bottled Water (upon arrival)
Complimentary VOOM, The Fastest Internet at Sea †
Priority Boarding and Departure
Priority Dining Reservations
Reserved Seating Area in Select Entertainment Venues
Suite Lounge Access (complimentary hors d’oeuvres and cocktails each evening)
Access to Suite Sun Deck
Exclusive Access to the Barefoot Beach Club** at our Private Destination Labadee®
Spa Bathrobes for Use Onboard
Luxury Pillow Top Mattress
Luxury Bathroom Amenities by L’Occitane®

3)

Q -  Will Perfect Day at CocoCay have an exclusive area for Crown and Anchor Society members and Suite guests?
A - At this time, we don’t have any plans for tiered member and guest areas on the island.

4)

EXCLUSIVE EXPERIENCES
Take every aspect of your adventure to new heights with exclusive access to extraordinary onboard experiences you and your family will treasure for years after your Royal Caribbean® getaway — all expertly crafted and curated just for you by a Royal Genie or dedicated Concierge.

I'm sure there are other references, and some may lean towards the Suite Class benefits, but these are the ones on the main page