Advantages to getting a Suite?

54 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

We recently did a B2B on the Allure, in a Grand Suite. Because of the B2B we got a free meal in Chops each leg. We went the first week and weren’t impressed with the food quality or service in Chops so we didn’t bother going back the second week. We’ve never even considered doing a suite, on Celebrity, because of the over the top pricing. If food quality, in the Country Kitchen is a problem, you can get the seven day specialty dining package for $24 p.p. per day. We didn’t see the need for it, but if we would have, the total price would still have been $800 p.p. less for the Grand Suite on RCL versus the Sky Suite on Celebrity. We had priced several lines before we chose the one we did. 

I love grand suites on rccl really good value for the money and celebrity is overpriced but suite lounge and restaurant are so much better, we normally do rccl and are very aware of costs. Our reason for booking celebrity was for music charters which cost even more than normal celebrity.

5 hours ago, Andy C said:

They all wear their gold lapel pins with their names everywhere and all the time and staff are trained to pay attention to that and cater to them.  Most know each other quite well so they swarm in large groups.  If you are on one of those inexpensive, off-season sailings good luck getting seats in the suite lounge or desirable dining times in Coastal Kitchen.  @Milwaukee Eight could not even manage to get a table for dinner some nights of his Harmony cruise last September.  Good luck!

I have read many of your comments about Pinnacle level Crown and Anchor members and how you feel they have diluted your suite experience. I do not wear my gold lapel pin everywhere and certainly not all the time.  I also do not sail on inexpensive off-season sailings. You need to stop using this website to make inaccurate and oftentimes insulting generalizations.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

I have read many of your comments about Pinnacle level Crown and Anchor members and how you feel they have diluted your suite experience. I do not wear my gold lapel pin everywhere and certainly not all the time.  I also do not sail on inexpensive off-season sailings. You need to stop using this website to make inaccurate and oftentimes insulting generalizations.

He should have said most wear their gold pins. 

Do you sail in Suites. I know P’s that do. 

3 hours ago, Big_G said:

No worries. We've been sailing suites on Oasis Class for quite a while and never had a problem. I believe Andy's whine is based on one extraordinary experience on a President's cruise where he couldn't get a window seat.

Actually Andy sailed two weeks prior to the President's cruise.  Everything he shares about President's Cruise is second hand. A lot is accurate. 

What kills me, is the week of his Review only had 30+ Pins.   Hardly an overwhelming amount

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Actually Andy sailed two weeks prior to the President's cruise.  Everything he shares about President's Cruise is second hand. A lot is accurate. 

What kills me, is the week of his Review only had 30+ Pins.   Hardly an overwhelming amount

I believe @Andy C witnessed those evil looks from P’s towards children in the SL/CK. I have witnessed this too.  It doesn’t matter the number of P’s. It happens. Another reason the SL’s were created. Many threads on CC complaining about kids in the CL. Royal caters to families. Everyone needs to get over having kids in the SL/CK. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I believe @Andy C witnessed those evil looks from P’s towards children in the SL/CK. I have witnessed this too.  It doesn’t matter the number of P’s. It happens. Another reason the SL’s were created. Many threads on CC complaining about kids in the CL. Royal caters to families. Everyone needs to get over having kids in the SL/CK. 

I dont doubt that he did. Kids welcome in all the lounges.  

FWIW, I see folks at the pools giving the stink eye all the time. 😉

Edited by John&LaLa

23 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

He should have said most wear their gold pins. 

Do you sail in Suites. I know P’s that do. 

I sail in full suites only when I have family members with me. I am always in a JS or an ocean-view balcony as 95% of the time I am traveling alone and have more than enough room for myself in those classes of cabins.

Edited by MaritimeR&R
Spelling.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaritimeR&R said:

I sail in full suites only when I have family members with me. I am always in a JS or an ocean-view balcony as 95% of the time I am traveling alone and have more than enough room for myself in those classes of cabins.

So 95% of the time you’re not sailing in a Full Suite? 

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s not really a P issue. I have many who are friends. Enjoy conversation with most as well. The issue to me, it is the Suite Lounge/CK and Suite Guests should have priority. I have no issue if Royal should decide to make an area designated P’s only.  The SL/CK crowds are not always difficult to manage. On the times sailings have a large number if P’s onboard, they should do something. I don’t have the answer.  Many P’s despise children. It’s easy to see their despise for them. Royal caters to families. 

I agree with your comments. In the Welcome e-mail from the concierge they should stress the importance of making their C/K dinner reservations by replying to their e-mail.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

I agree with your comments. In the Welcome e-mail from the concierge they should stress the importance of making their C/K dinner reservations by replying to their e-mail.

I agree. It just says reservations required. It doesn’t say make them now via Email. My friends assumed they could make them once onboard. They could not, it was full, ALL TIMES. The only reason I know to do this was from info from CC. 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m sure you’re correct. The pool is much different than the Suite Lounge. 

Why 🤔

You said Royal caters to families. 

Do you mean only Suite families?

Dirty looks are dirty looks, no matter where it occurs.

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So 95% of the time you’re not sailing in a Full Suite? 

Yes. As a solo traveler, I am most often in a JS and sometimes in an ocean-view balcony. Both cabin types afford me more than enough space. I see no need for a GS and on most ships, I prefer the JS layout rather than the GS. 

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Why 🤔

You said Royal caters to families. 

Do you mean only Suite families?

Dirty looks are dirty looks, no matter where it occurs.

We have a pool at home. The last time we were in a pool on a ship, was solarium pool on Brilliance and it was mostly adult biker cruise. 

I really haven’t paid attention to who is looking at who or what in the pool area. We have used the hot tubs in Solarium on Oasis Class and don’t recall any kids there. 

Royal caters to all families, regardless of Lounges. The SL on Oasis Class is more relaxed than a CL or DL. The atmosphere in the SL on Oasis Class to us, is much different than our experience on ships with CL’s.  Haven’t sailed on the other ships outside of Oasis Class with SL. 

2 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Yes. As a solo traveler, I am most often in a JS and sometimes in an ocean-view balcony. Both cabin types afford me more than enough space. I see no need for a GS and on most ships, I prefer the JS layout rather than the GS. 

If your in the SL/CK and not in JS or higher, I think you would meet @Andy C definition of a NSPP. 

Its not my term. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

We’ve had several GS cabins and once an OS. We enjoy the perks that come with them. If we travel with friends/family we get a JS. If it’s just the 2 of us we want a suite. Happy cruising everyone! 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We like the divided wall and 2 TV’s. Good for one napping and the other wasting time in the other half of the cabin. 

I was referring to yours from last fall

• Like 1

Many dirty looks from Pins in the SL/CK toward families with young children.  Many do not like kids.  Many also believe they own the ship.   

This is alway such an entertaining topic.  I've read through the recent posts and have found the usual flavors suggesting I am lying or exaggerating or it did not happen as I said it did.  My favorite are the posts that attempt to brush off the occasional negative suite class experience by suggesting it only happens on one or two cruises so get over it, screw you and save $ for another year and try another cruise line.

The suite class experience is diluted and cheapened because they allow NSPPs to occupy the very limited and valuable real estate that is the SL/CK on Oasis class ships.  

Edited by Andy C
  • Like 1