Cruise Critic Community
Relaxinginthesun

Anthem of the Seas - Status Update

3 hours ago, FIRELT5 said:

933E40CE-58D7-4F4D-9D40-29C9CA7F2ED8.png

Great Anthem made it there so quickly! Doesn't she usually dock at King's Wharf on the west end?

31 minutes ago, zooma said:

Great Anthem made it there so quickly! Doesn't she usually dock at King's Wharf on the west end?

She's docked in her usual spot, pointing in usual direction too.

Ah, yes, I can see the black arrow now on this bigger screen -- thanks!

On 5/17/2019 at 10:21 PM, reallyitsmema said:

We have put a 25 inch suitcase through the scanner at multiple Port Canaveral terminals with no issues.  They say only airline carry on size, but they can fit larger bags.  I have not tried it at Cape Liberty though, so YMMV.

We did B2B Star Class cruises on Anthem in Feb.  Our Genie took all of our luggage through the regular scanners and that included a BIG suitcase and a very large roller garment bag. I was stunned that the big cases went through !  So I can’t imagine any luggage that would not go through. Now whether or not they would allow you to try (without a Genie in charge) I don’t know....but I now know that the scanners at Port Liberty can take any size luggage.

Figured I’d throw in my quick update... weather is a bit cloudy, but it was still a beautiful day in Bermuda! P.S., for those wondering, I can confirm first hand that NorthStar is working!!

07D7EC66-037A-4D4C-B6DA-18CB8B221894.jpeg

CC11E9AD-0067-4B0D-9D84-8A9E2BF1ABED.jpeg

We did the mini-bus tour of Bermuda today, it was a great tour. Only rained at around 2PM, while in St. George. Now back on the ship and we saw North Star going up!

4 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We did B2B Star Class cruises on Anthem in Feb.  Our Genie took all of our luggage through the regular scanners and that included a BIG suitcase and a very large roller garment bag. I was stunned that the big cases went through !  So I can’t imagine any luggage that would not go through. Now whether or not they would allow you to try (without a Genie in charge) I don’t know....but I now know that the scanners at Port Liberty can take any size luggage.

Some luggage is thicker due to expandable. Mine isn't but even if open won't fit under Royal's bed due to the 4 wheel spinner's and their mounts. End up putting one bag inside of closet, other side closet doesnt fit either bag so that one put against wall at end on desk/cabinet opposite the foot of my bed 

I asked a crew member and there are 3,900 passengers onboard. Usual count is 5,000+ passengers. 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

I asked a crew member and there are 3,900 passengers onboard. Usual count is 5,000+ passengers. 

4180 is 2 passengers per cabin. Max she holds is 4905, would bet she normally carries 4500+ depending on if she has lot of kids on board

Edited by ONECRUISER

Anyone get their 25% email from RCL yet? We were supposed to get it yesterday and still nothing...

1 minute ago, dslucas said:

Anyone get their 25% email from RCL yet? We were supposed to get it yesterday and still nothing...

What email?

The 25% off future cruise credit for our impacted May 18 sailing. We were supposed to receive it by yesterday.

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

What email?

Ok.  This doesn't apply to me!

10 minutes ago, dslucas said:

They don't always come exact date, Think if you really need it today can call and see if have it on file for you

Haven’t received ours yet but want to book another cruise for next year.  This was far too short to count as vacation Waiting impatiently 🤪.   

So how did the weather end up on this sailing? Any issues at all from that disturbance? Hope all was smooth!