Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mlanders

Drink vouchers for captains club elite

Recommended Posts

Are 3 drink vouchers added to sea pass card each day from 5-8pm. For Captains club elite members? I know the sky lounge has drinks in the evening for elite members nightly. 

We have had drink package on the last few celebrity cruises, so didn’t know about drinks. We will be on Equinox 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mlanders said:

Are 3 drink vouchers added to sea pass card each day from 5-8pm. For Captains club elite members? I know the sky lounge has drinks in the evening for elite members nightly. 

We have had drink package on the last few celebrity cruises, so didn’t know about drinks. We will be on Equinox 

Except the first evening and the evening of the Senior Officers party. Hours are from 5:00 PM to 700 PM. The CC HH drink vouchers on your Seapass card are now unlimited during those hours. 

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right.  Now the unlimited drinks on the Captains Club Elite Happy Hour(s) are available during the hours of 5-7 in all bars except the World Class Bar, specialty restaurants and the MSR.  Except for the evenings it’s not offered as mentioned above.  Nice if you are traveling with non Elite members or prefer another bar...or want to get a drink to carry in to the MDR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sidebar.....Just off a month on the Solstice doing a b2b.....because drinks are served 5-7 and the Seniors office party is at 7:45, we had no problems getting drinks that night at any bar of choice. Even the Sky Lounge. In fact we just walk in that night and the regular bar tenders had the drink on the bar waiting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, davekathy said:

Except the first evening and the evening of the Senior Officers party. Hours are from 5:00 PM to 700 PM. The CC HH drink vouchers on your Seapass card are now unlimited during those hours.  

Great to know about the unlimited option for all bars during Captains Club hours!  Now we can stay at the Sunset Bar for sunset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smmountaingal said:

Great to know about the unlimited option for all bars during Captains Club hours!  Now we can stay at the Sunset Bar for sunset.

...🍺🍷🥃 Enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WAVTAM said:

Sidebar.....Just off a month on the Solstice doing a b2b.....because drinks are served 5-7 and the Seniors office party is at 7:45, we had no problems getting drinks that night at any bar of choice. Even the Sky Lounge. In fact we just walk in that night and the regular bar tenders had the drink on the bar waiting.

 

 

We left Millie last week from the Transpacific cruise and had the same experience on Senior Officer's night. Our Captain's Club newsletter at embarkation said there would be no Elite Happy Hour that night, but later in the cruise the host announced they were going to hold it after all. A nice gesture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, BEAV said:

 

We left Millie last week from the Transpacific cruise and had the same experience on Senior Officer's night. Our Captain's Club newsletter at embarkation said there would be no Elite Happy Hour that night, but later in the cruise the host announced they were going to hold it after all. A nice gesture. 

Agree. We always get the CBP as one of our perks but hopefully this is going to be the norm. It would be nice if the CC would allow CC HH voucher drinks the first evening . It would be nice if the CC would also allow the CC HH voucher drinks in the MDR during the 5 to 7 window. 

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More side bar 

33 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. We always get the CBP as one of our perks but hopefully this is going to be the norm. It would be nice if the CC would allow CC HH voucher drinks the first evening . It would be nice if the CC would also allow the CC HH voucher drinks in the MDR during the 5 to 7 window. 

Dining bar is to small to handle beverage package people and the Captain group.

Your two bottles of wine should cover you for your first night.

A reasonable tip to the bar tender with eye contact and we ordered just about any drink we wanted within reason. My go to drink is an Apricot sour with orange bitters. Had 2-3 every night. Therefore we don't even take the Classic package any more and take the $300 credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WAVTAM said:

More side bar 

Dining bar is to small to handle beverage package people and the Captain group.

Your two bottles of wine should cover you for your first night.

A reasonable tip to the bar tender with eye contact and we ordered just about any drink we wanted within reason. My go to drink is an Apricot sour with orange bitters. Had 2-3 every night. Therefore we don't even take the Classic package any more and take the $300 credit.

Disagree with your opinion.  But that's my opinion. If we didn't have the CBP I would have no problem leaving the MDR and getting our CC HH voucher drinks at a nearby bar/lounge and returning to the MDR. We stopped taking the two bottles of wine onboard when we select the CBP. Between the CBP and CC HH drinks no need to bring wine onboard. We select the CBP and the $300.00 OBC as our two booking perks. The $300.00 OBC  covers our gratuities plus a little left over to add to our OBC for booking on board a previous cruise and OBC from our TA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 We have not sailed on Celebrity since we have become elite and just wondering if you can get cans of diet coke during happy hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shippmates said:

 We have not sailed on Celebrity since we have become elite and just wondering if you can get cans of diet coke during happy hour.

Every evening at 7 when we left(along with my others), everyone but in the final orders for the next day needs, ...two waters...two beers, two wine glasses, two cokes...the list went on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Celebrity discontinued a designated lounge for Elite Captains Club happy hour since the drinks are now on the sea pass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, smmountaingal said:

Has Celebrity discontinued a designated lounge for Elite Captains Club happy hour since the drinks are now on the sea pass?

Correct, all bars open for CC HH except martini and World Class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WAVTAM said:

Correct, all bars open for CC HH except martini and World Class.

Have you noticed that all the bars are much busier from 5-7 with the added presence of the Elite and above population mingled in?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, smmountaingal said:

Have you noticed that all the bars are much busier from 5-7 with the added presence of the Elite and above population mingled in?

 

Actually just the opposite, ......with all bars open, the population  is thinned out.

I would still prefer the Sky Lounge as it is ONLY for CC people during those hours. Lounge was at best a 1/3 full.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope everyone is tipping for their free drinks. We usually give $1.00 per drink wherever we order them

Ontario Cruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smmountaingal said:

Has Celebrity discontinued a designated lounge for Elite Captains Club happy hour since the drinks are now on the sea pass?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

I hope everyone is tipping for their free drinks. We usually give $1.00 per drink wherever we order them

Ontario Cruiser

We always tip during CC time and when we are fortunate to develop an ongoing relationship with a waiter where they repetitively serve us, we reward them as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WAVTAM said:

Correct, all bars open for CC HH except martini and World Class.

 

Recently off Millennium and the Elite Happy Hour was held in Cosmos on deck 11 with passed appetizers, etc. 

 

All bars, including the Martini Bar, were also included. The Happy Hour drink menus were prominently displayed at all bars.

Edited by BEAV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't noticed the bars being more crowded due to the ability to use the CCHH at locations other than the Sky Lounge.  One of our favorite bars in the Passport Bar and before 6 pm it is always packed with the 1st seating diners....once they go to the MDR it becomes possible to get a seat....

 

It would be very helpful on Reflection especially.  Her Sky Lounge was way too small to have all the Elites etc there.  We looked in once and it was absolutely jam packed so we turned around and went elsewhere as we had the beverage package.  I love the Sky Lounge for the views and my DH for the hors d'oeuvres but if it is standing room only, no thanks.  As we turned to leave a woman came up to the Hostess at the door and said angrily "There is not a single seat available!"  I had wondered what the hostess could do....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I

It would be very helpful on Reflection especially.  Her Sky Lounge was way too small to have all the Elites etc there.  We looked in once and it was absolutely jam packed so we turned around and went elsewhere as we had the beverage package.  I love the Sky Lounge for the views and my DH for the hors d'oeuvres but if it is standing room only, no thanks.  As we turned to leave a woman came up to the Hostess at the door and said angrily "There is not a single seat available!"  I had wondered what the hostess could do....

I think the overcrowded Elite lounge situation may have contributed to the decision to make the other bars available for CCHH!  Agree that the Sky Lounge has the view!  Passport lounge has that sophisticated vibe.  It's nice to have variety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smmountaingal said:

Have you noticed that all the bars are much busier from 5-7 with the added presence of the Elite and above population mingled in?

 

 

No, and remember that many of the passengers are at dinner then, either Main Seating,  Select Dining, or specialty restaurants. We have never had a problem or much of a wait getting a drink.

 

2 hours ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

I hope everyone is tipping for their free drinks. We usually give $1.00 per drink wherever we order them...

 

As do we. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...