No swim nappies/kids must be toliet trained to enter pools?

travellingonMSC

1 hour ago, travellingonMSC said:

Hello,

I have just been told by a friend that children aren't allow in the pools wearing a swim nappy and must be toilet trained, is this correct?

Thank you in advance.

If you are on a cruise calling at US ports, then this is correct.  Otherwise no.

• Like 1

A friend did a Disney cruise with her grandchildren 2 yrs ago and they had to keep emptying the pool due to accidents from nappies.

I certainly would not want to use a pool with a child /infant in a nappy, sorry but that's how I feel . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

There are very few lines that allow kids in pools/splash areas with diapers.  Disney has some areas.

Is this surprising?

OP is going on MSC, I believe.  But, yes, the lines with "baby only" splash areas are all Disney ships, and RCI's Oasis, Quantum, Freedom, and some Voyager class ships.  Ships sailing in the EU abide by the EU's "ShipSan" program, and this does not restrict swim diapers from pools.

1 hour ago, emmas gran said:

A friend did a Disney cruise with her grandchildren 2 yrs ago and they had to keep emptying the pool due to accidents from nappies.

I certainly would not want to use a pool with a child /infant in a nappy, sorry but that's how I feel . 

If this was any of the main pools, or even the main children's pool area, then the kids in diapers were in the wrong areas, and the ship was obviously allowing it or ignoring it, which is not unique to Disney.  There is a designated small area where kids in swim diapers are allowed, and this, by requirement either has no standing water (just a wet deck under the sprays) or at most 2" of water.  This area is supposed to be separated from the rest of the kid's pool area by partitions (usually glass walls) so the water cannot be cross-contaminated, and to prevent kids from going from one pool area directly to the other.

• Like 1

Thank you for all your replies.

This is our first cruise so we were not sure of the rules..

I contacted MSC directly and they confirmed our youngest won't be able to go in any of the main pools, but they can do in the kids splash pool 😅

Edited by travellingonMSC