Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
CruisinCrow

Hamilton taxis and moon gate

Recommended Posts

We plan to take the ferry from the Dockyards to Hamilton and from there catch a taxi to the Crystal Caves.  Where in relation to the ferry terminal is the taxi stand?  Also, I think I read that there is a moon gate at the Par le Ville entrance to the Queen Elizabeth Park.  Is that correct?  If so, it looks like a very short walk and I'd love to stop there and get some pictures before going to the caves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When you exit the ferry terminal you will see the taxis. There is a Moongate in Queen Elizabeth Park. It is a short walk from the ferry terminal. 

Edited by Charles4515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

When you exit the ferry terminal you will see the taxis. There is a Moongate in Queen Elizabeth Park. It is a short walk from the ferry terminal. 

 

Sounds great.  Our stay is way too short so I'm glad I'll be able to see at least one moon gate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

 

I knew about that one but it looks so new I thought it was more of a tourist attraction than a "real" moon gate.  Any idea how long it's been there?  I don't mind seeing more than one. :classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

 

I knew about that one but it looks so new I thought it was more of a tourist attraction than a "real" moon gate.  Any idea how long it's been there?  I don't mind seeing more than one. :classic_smile:

 

What is real and what is not? They are all tourist attractions. The Moongate in Queen Elizabeth Park is better in my opinion than that one in the Dockyard and as a bonus the park is very nice. I think the Moongate in the park is Bermuda’s oldest Moongate. When ships docked in Hamilton I always visited that park. I hate to admit it but the first time I visited Bermuda I saw the Moongate there I thought it was interesting but didn’t know that it was a Moongate or what a Moongate was!!! 🙃

Edited by Charles4515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

 

What is real and what is not? They are all tourist attractions.

 

That is a good question.  I guess my definition of a real one is one that was built for someone's garden and has some historical significance as opposed to one that was built more recently just for photo-ops. :classic_smile:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a photo of the moon gate in Queen Elizabeth Park.  if you turn left onto Front Street from the ferry terminal, then turn right onto Par La Ville Rd, you'll come to the moon gate side of the park.  Go up short flight of stairs to the gate.  you can then retrace your steps to the ferry/taxi area, or walk through the park to Queen Street and turn right back to Front Street and the Ferry/taxi area.  

One good thing about a short stay in Bermuda - it will convince you to go back.  Then you can visit the moon gates in Somer's Park in St. George, and in the Botanical Gardens😊.  

image.png.3887dd8a3bb17d00119323737f8f8831.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SuzeCruz1 said:

Here's a photo of the moon gate in Queen Elizabeth Park.  if you turn left onto Front Street from the ferry terminal, then turn right onto Par La Ville Rd, you'll come to the moon gate side of the park.  Go up short flight of stairs to the gate.  you can then retrace your steps to the ferry/taxi area, or walk through the park to Queen Street and turn right back to Front Street and the Ferry/taxi area.  

One good thing about a short stay in Bermuda - it will convince you to go back.  Then you can visit the moon gates in Somer's Park in St. George, and in the Botanical Gardens😊.  

image.png.3887dd8a3bb17d00119323737f8f8831.png

 

Thanks for the detailed instructions!  I already know we'll be planning a return trip. :classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

Found it!

Excellent.  Beautiful picture!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...