Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
ALWAYS CRUZIN

Sky Princess

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Thank you to all who responded about skywalk info.  I have not been or Regal or Royal; so after I sail Sky; will book one of the others so I can walk the walk

It freaked my husband out.  🤣  He's not good with heights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

It freaked my husband out.  🤣  He's not good with heights. 

I totally understand.  I can see from the pictures; that the skywalk may cause people to freak out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been on the Regal a few times.

The Skywalk is really not that big of an experience.

One and done IMHO.

I would be more concerned if there was a Skywalk on the Sky where there would be a view of balconies located  on the decks below the Skywalk.

We have a mid-ship mini-suite on Caribe deck.

Since it is an extended balcony, we are planning to use it frequently.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2019 at 1:55 PM, twodaywonder said:

Booked for the Jan 11,2020 cruise. Hopefully it will be a fabulous ship.

 

We'll be on her on the 18th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2019 at 3:19 PM, Mapu said:

We were on the Sky in 2000 in Australia and New Zealand. We are planning to sail on the Sky in December......it will be a very different experience.

We were on the Shy in 1992.

 

Dam...I'm old!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

We will be sailing on the Sky over New Years and my friend has a question/concern.  She has noted on the artists rendering of the Retreat area pool that there are no stairs going into the pool as there are on the Regal and Royal.  Do you think this is just an error or do you think they would actually build a pool without stairs?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Daddysbaby said:

Hello,

We will be sailing on the Sky over New Years and my friend has a question/concern.  She has noted on the artists rendering of the Retreat area pool that there are no stairs going into the pool as there are on the Regal and Royal.  Do you think this is just an error or do you think they would actually build a pool without stairs?  Thanks.

 

Hope to see you on the Roll Call!! here is the link:

We’re going to have a wonderful time!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, denims said:

 

Norris (Bimmer 09) and Carol (DeckChairQueen) signing in.

It will have been 2 years since our last Princess cruise(Crown) and we are very much looking forward to sailing on the new ship. Meantime we have sailed Azamara to Cuba and will be on Celebrity Silhouette to Norway on September 1-8th.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Daddysbaby said:

We will be sailing on the Sky over New Years and my friend has a question/concern.  She has noted on the artists rendering of the Retreat area pool that there are no stairs going into the pool as there are on the Regal and Royal.  Do you think this is just an error or do you think they would actually build a pool without stairs?  Thanks.

 

It's a pretty plain rendering - I think it's a mistake. Can't have passengers stranded in the pool! Although they have put them on the jacuzzis!

 

Sky-Princess-_Retreat-Pool_288004-Copy.jpg

Edited by dides

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dides said:

 

It's a pretty plain rendering - I think it's a mistake. Can't have passengers stranded in the pool! Although they have put them on the jacuzzis!

 

Sky-Princess-_Retreat-Pool_288004-Copy.jpg

 

6 minutes ago, dides said:

 

It's a pretty plain rendering - I think it's a mistake. Can't have passengers stranded in the pool! Although they have put them on the jacuzzis!

 

Sky-Princess-_Retreat-Pool_288004-Copy.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your replies, but just to be clear, I am referring to the large steps at one end of the pool that makes it easier for those of us with mobility issues to enter the pool.  I believe every pool would have the "ladder" type steps, most likely in the deep end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Party of 12 going on 7 Dec 2019 to the Western Caribbean!!  Ready for a great adventure on a new ship!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at the Deck Plans and it sure looks to me like Deck 16 (Lido) has the glass inserts in the floor of the skywalk.  It would make no sense to have the skywalk jutting out from the ship and then not have the glass floor.  Could be crazy or wrong (or both), but I sure hope the floor has glass...we have friends going that haven't been on the other Royal class ships so haven't experienced the Skywalk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting - I'm looking at the Princess website Sky deck plans for Lido right now and see a bumpout where the skywalk used to be, but it's showing as continuous planking with the rest of the deck, with little blocks that I interpret to be seating along the edge.  I'm eager to see the final live photos (for so many reasons - cool to see a new ship)!

Edited by LoriPhil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Daddysbaby said:

Thank you for your replies, but just to be clear, I am referring to the large steps at one end of the pool that makes it easier for those of us with mobility issues to enter the pool.  I believe every pool would have the "ladder" type steps, most likely in the deep end.

Yes I am also. It usually had the lift on the side of the pool also. I would think it will have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Take Five lounge. We are booked on the Sky for March 7, 2020. We were on the Regal a couple months ago and I had a long and great conversation with the Princess Orchestra leader. I asked him about that lounge as I am a professional musician and my wife and I love jazz and are very psyched about the new venue. He lit right up when asked about it and said that he was going to be the leader on the Sky when we are sailing and that he's very excited about it too! It will feature a full size grand piano and most of the entertainment will be jazz for listening and dancing. We are also so excited about the Retreat Pool! This will be our 21st cruise with Princess and have sailed most of the ships, some many times. A big deficiency of the Regal and Royal in our opinion (along with the lack a a true outer promenade deck is the lack of a stern pool beyond a small splash pool (which is dominated by the smokers who congregate in that area, sorry smokers). This new Retreat Pool looks just great! Can't wait to cruise on the Sky!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Party of 12 going on 7 Dec 2019 to the Western Caribbean!!  Ready for a great adventure on a new ship!!

 

 

USCoruisecrazy, come on over to the Dec. 7th roll call:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, caribbean2000 said:

Re: Take Five lounge. We are booked on the Sky for March 7, 2020. We were on the Regal a couple months ago and I had a long and great conversation with the Princess Orchestra leader. I asked him about that lounge as I am a professional musician and my wife and I love jazz and are very psyched about the new venue. He lit right up when asked about it and said that he was going to be the leader on the Sky when we are sailing and that he's very excited about it too! It will feature a full size grand piano and most of the entertainment will be jazz for listening and dancing. We are also so excited about the Retreat Pool! This will be our 21st cruise with Princess and have sailed most of the ships, some many times. A big deficiency of the Regal and Royal in our opinion (along with the lack a a true outer promenade deck is the lack of a stern pool beyond a small splash pool (which is dominated by the smokers who congregate in that area, sorry smokers). This new Retreat Pool looks just great! Can't wait to cruise on the Sky!

 

The Retreat pool is by the Sanctuary and is present on the Royal and the Regal as well as the Sky.This area is forward on the ships. The pool at the stern of the ship is called the Wake pool on the Sky. The Regal has a splash pool on the stern and the Royal has no stern pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We board the Sky Princess on November 3, 2019 for a 28-day Mediterranean & Transatlantic cruise. 

 

This will be the first time we've cruised such a new ship. We're not on her inaugural cruise, but pretty close. I'm just hoping she gets completed on schedule so that there are no hitches in our travel plans.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travel Weekly (UK) has a story about a drawing for the 10/16/19 pre-inaugural charter cruise from Trieste to Athens. I think there may be some people on the 10/20/19 Inaugural Mediterranean & Adriatic surprised to see people debarking the Sky in Athens. 

 

Princess Cruises has launched a competition to select nearly 300 agents to sail on new ship Sky Princess’ preview voyage.

Winners of the #SayHiToSky competition will join a four-night sailing departing on the vessel on October 16, 2019, from Trieste, Italy, to Athens, Greece. The sailing will also call at Kotor, Montenegro.

The trip includes return flights, overseas transfers and a variety of complimentary onboard activities.

A proportion of the 300 places will go to top accounts, while the rest will be given to competition winners.

To be in with a chance of winning, agents need to make a Princess Cruises booking between May 1 and June 30, 2019 on any Princess voyage.

Agents who make a Princess Cruises booking within the date range must submit the booking reference at surveymonkey.co.uk/r/skyprincess

There is no limit to the number of entries agents can make. Winners will be chosen at random by July 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...