Cruise Critic Community
gailie

Eclipse Sky Suite 2148

Can’t find many reviews on this cabin!  Can anyone help?  Eclipse 2148.  We are concerned that there may be too much noise from the bar above.  Thanks for any advise

We were in 2148 in February in the Caribbean on the Equinox. We loved it. It is far from the elevators but it is in a wonderful location. We are not fans of the corner S1s because, for us, they are too windy. Our one experience was in the Tasman Sea so our I asked our corner neighbors about their experience - they both said sitting on their balcony was like being in a tornado.

There wasn’t a lot of noise from the bar above us. There was someone on a balcony several decks down who was obviously drunk and his buds finally shushed him.

We will be in an aft S2 on the Silhouette on the same deck in June.

Posted (edited)

That cabin shares a closed entrance with the corner S1.  Yes there will probably be some noise from above but there are no late night parties at the Oceanview or Sunset  bar.  Some noise in the early  morning or evening from the movement of chairs.  But far less than being under the OV prep area with carts thundering overhead at 4am or the pool when they are putting/throwing  the loungers in place. 

Edited by jelayne
Addition

We've stayed in this same cabin but on the port side.  Loved it.  Never heard any noise inside the cabin.  Only heard chair scraping just one morning for a minute or two and that was it.  You also have a great overhang being on deck 12 that will shelter you if it rains and from the sun.  You also have a separate door that leads to a little private hall that you share with the S1. 

I try to snag (in this order for an S2) one of these two first, followed by deck 11 and lastly the very forward cabins on the port and starboard side.  I would book it without hesitation or if you have, I would stay put for sure. 

Thank you all for sharing! Such a huge help!!!