Cruise Critic Community
northernphoenix

Aft verandah Niew Statendam

Planning to cruise the Mediterranean 2020, previously enjoyed Neptune Suites,  veranda, Lanai, and interior rooms.  We would appreciate any experiences that would recommend reserving an aft veranda.

9 hours ago, northernphoenix said:

Planning to cruise the Mediterranean 2020, previously enjoyed Neptune Suites,  veranda, Lanai, and interior rooms.  We would appreciate any experiences that would recommend reserving an aft veranda.

Me too, but I already reserved one.🙂

The upside is the view of the wake. If you like to sit on your veranda and watch the ocean, this is the best view IMO. The wake is mesmerizing! Depending on which deck you're on, you may have a deeper than usual balcony. Not the huge balconies of the Vista ships, but I think they're deeper than side balconies.

The downside is that you're at one end of a large ship. It's a long walk to the gym and spa,  Crows Nest, and World Stage. Another downside I found on the K is that the ship didn't ride well at the back. Slapped the waves in a "following sea" (waves approaching from behind) and something about the azipods caused the ship to "shimmy" a lot. Being at the ends of a ship always has the most motion, but I felt it more aft on K than I had on the vistas. 

Many thanks! My DH has had previous experiences with motion sickness....so the middle of the ship  has always worked best for us.