Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
BuckeyeMark

LIVE NOW. Caribbean Princess!

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Pink flamingo52 said:

No reason was given other than very small issue.  we weren’t delayed that long maybe 15 minutes

 

Sound like one of the gerbils went on strike and they had to promise more food before he got back on the wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 1:19 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

Ugh.  What deck, and are you forward/midship/aft?

Cabins in and around C602 were terrible for air conditioning back in Oct/Nov.

While in cabin C423 it was OK after we switched & the temp could actually be adjusted. 

Hopefully things have gotten better since dry dock. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 12:44 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

Bon Voyage!!  Thanks for checking in!!

 

It is not a boat........😎

Hmmm. Why the need to correct someone who is having a great time. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, helencruising said:

Hmmm. Why the need to correct someone who is having a great time. 😊

Why attack me and bring up a post from May 18th?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a scream!! With the benefit of correctly spelled multi-syllable words!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on board now (and was last week).  Someone asked, so here goes:  Captain is Marco Fortezze and Maitre d’ is Francois Ferat.  Came across both a few times - both very friendly and engaging.

 

When we were departing Belize there was a minor issue, but it was not propulsion related.  They were having an issue getting one of the pontoon doors closed (this is the tender loading platform that folds down from the hull hydraulically).  Obviously, something so close to the waterline needs to be closed up tight before getting underway.  Anyway, it was a minor delay.  Truthfully, if the captain didn’t come on the PA to mention it, most people (myself included) wouldn’t have noticed we were late getting underway.  It was that short of a delay.  Propulsion was mentioned in that he assured us that there was enough reserve power available, if needed, to ensure an on time arrival at Cozumel even with a late departure from Belize.

 

A/C in my room is great (Riviera Deck (14)) all the way aft.  A week ago it was off (in our room area/zone) when we first boarded, but it was up and running before we even left Fort Lauderdale.  It feels warm and stuffy at times in the midships elevator bank/stair tower.  Whether that carries over to staterooms, I don’t know because I’m not there.  The rest of the ship is comfortable.

 

The Terrace Pool and area all the way aft on Deck 14 is terrible - stay away. (JUST KIDDING!). It’s very nice.  I just don’t want the secret out lol.  It took half the last cruise for people to discover it.  It is literally steps away from my cabin.  I have an inside.  With that easy access, who needs a balcony?  The pool is right there.  A few steps up to Deck 15 and there is a bar.  And easy access to Steamers/Planks/World Fresh Marketplace.  Have had breakfast al fresco every day except for today in Fort Lauderdale because of the rain.

 

That’s it for now.  Looking forward to week 2!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much of a distraction in the Terrace Pool area is the new kiddie water park?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Cabins in and around C602 were terrible for air conditioning back in Oct/Nov.

While in cabin C423 it was OK after we switched & the temp could actually be adjusted. 

Hopefully things have gotten better since dry dock. 

 

Thanks for including when you had the problem.  That gives some hope that it no longer is one.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ep010835 said:

How much of a distraction in the Terrace Pool area is the new kiddie water park?

No distraction.very quiet at times.on the opposite side of the new water park there are new chairs and a shaded area.dont think many people know about it yet. Just off CB yesterday and we had a fantastic time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

 I just don’t want the secret out lol.

  ... definitely our go to place during sea days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ashhill said:

No distraction.very quiet at times.on the opposite side of the new water park there are new chairs and a shaded area.dont think many people know about it yet. Just off CB yesterday and we had a fantastic time 

They added even more chairs and some new clamshell pods.  Watched a shipping container get loaded onto Deck 17 yesterday in Fort Lauderdale with a big crane.  Saw boxes get unloaded and next thing you know the container was gone and there was a bunch of new stuff!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

They added even more chairs and some new clamshell pods.  Watched a shipping container get loaded onto Deck 17 yesterday in Fort Lauderdale with a big crane.  Saw boxes get unloaded and next thing you know the container was gone and there was a bunch of new stuff!

 

New stuff is good! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for including when you had the problem.  That gives some hope that it no longer is one.  Thanks.

Since it was a whole section I tend to believe the problem has been corrected after dry dock. 

I asked many people in that area if their cabin was to warm & got answers ranging from slightly warm to just plain hot.

I really don't expect the cabin to be very cold but at least cool enough so that I don't wake up in a sweat in the middle of the night. ( We only sleep with sheets & get rid of the quilt that they should only use in Alaska)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have they replaced the heavy cast iron chairs that were at the ice cream venue next to the windows on the starboard side of the Lido deck with lighter ones that don't make such a loud noise on the balconies of the cabins below?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

Have they replaced the heavy cast iron chairs that were at the ice cream venue next to the windows on the starboard side of the Lido deck with lighter ones that don't make such a loud noise on the balconies of the cabins below?

yeah, it was loud at times during the day .. we were in R411 during May

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, voljeep said:

yeah, it was loud at times during the day .. we were in R411 during May

No wonder. You were right under the ice cream place. 

It must have quieted down at night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nukesubsailor said:

Have they replaced the heavy cast iron chairs that were at the ice cream venue next to the windows on the starboard side of the Lido deck with lighter ones that don't make such a loud noise on the balconies of the cabins below?

I had some ice cream the other day over there. Chairs are light weight plastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ShipsAreTheBest - thanks for all the info.  Our cabin is  about 8 cabins from the aft on 14.  Looking forward to the location but slightly concerned about vibrations.  Anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/29/2019 at 10:47 PM, Ep010835 said:

How much of a distraction in the Terrace Pool area is the new kiddie water park?

 

0% it’s up a couple levels and off to the port side....I don’t believe you can’t see one from the other. I imagine if some kid decided to scream loud enough the sound would conceivably make it to terrace pool but that would be a one-off. All in all they’re sufficiently separated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

I had some ice cream the other day over there. Chairs are light weight plastic.

That is good to hear.  When I was aboard the chairs were plastic in most of the area but the row of chairs next to the windows on the side of the ship and thus over the balconies of the cabins below were all heavy cast iron.  That row ran all the way from the ice cream place to the hamburger place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

I had some ice cream the other day over there. Chairs are light weight plastic.

 

That is outstanding news. Thank you!

We always aim for an aft suite but all were sold before we booked this trip. We are in one of the R400 series cabins so were concerned about the reports of heavy chair dragging.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

 

0% it’s up a couple levels and off to the port side....I don’t believe you can’t see one from the other. I imagine if some kid decided to scream loud enough the sound would conceivably make it to terrace pool but that would be a one-off. All in all they’re sufficiently separated.

 

Prefect. Thanks!!

 

I love kids. Less so the rowdy ones who are not blessed with parental constraints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...