Departing by bus from Copenhagen Oceankaj Terminal

First - many thanks to DanishViking for all the help and insights!  We just completed our cruise on Viking Jupiter and spent 3 extra days in and around Copenhagen - thoroughly enjoyed the city and environs (including Rothskilde, Fredericksborg, and Kronborg).

I wanted to share our surprisingly easy and simple experience of disembarking our cruise ship at Oceankaj and getting into town.  I was a little nervous, but it was quite simple actually.  We exited the ship on a somewhat drizzly/rainy day.  The line for taxi's must have been at least 60-70 people so we just walked a very short distance (a couple hundred yards) along the sidewalk to the covered bus stop for bus 25/27.  That morning they departed quite often (every 15 minutes or so?).  It was quite an easy ride on bus 25 to Østerpor and took only 15-20 minutes.  I took some pictures that help show how close the ship was to the bus stop.  Hoping this helps people who might want to do the same thing.820498533_IMG_6830Bus25Stop-OceankajCopenhagen.jpg.21c5e87666fe3e8043af322ea4071a80.jpg1455101220_IMG_6832VikingJupiter-fromBusStop25OceankajCOP.jpg.00f4ca5cd5cfb50e1a2cfc389e427711.jpg1992099698_IMG_6834InsideBus25-CopenhagenOceankaj.jpg.3880fe43879d3ad6b0425e34e707c8c5.jpg1518178668_IMG_6829Bus25Stop-OceankajCopenhagen.jpg.92bcd7ee64afd947e2b38a1324bbf1b8.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Danish viking said:

Btw, was the elevator on the bus side of the bridge at Østerport open yet?

Funny you should ask.  We had a bit of a hiccup, as the bus driver had thought we were headed to NØrreport station and we went speeding past Østerport.  It all worked out though at that station.  So I didn't get to notice the Østerport details. 

5 hours ago, leahsdad said:

How far is it from the bus stop to Oceankaj  terminal 3 ?   From the pictures it looked as if the stop was near terminal one.

Thanks Paul

Paul - yes, we were at Terminal 1.  Putting in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 into Google Maps, it comes up with a distance of 650 meters between them and projects 8 minute walk.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the information. Having pictures is especially helpful (says the person who has spent 30 minutes looking for a bus stop when she was only 30 meters away from it!)

I would just add to your post that people should  look on the Copenhagen transit website for the bus schedule for the date and time of their arrival.  We arrive on a Saturday.  Only one of the two bus lines run (27) and it's every 30 minutes.  With two ships disembarking at Oceankaj and another there for a port call I expect the lines for buses and taxis will be extremely long.  Sigh....

Is there a public bus that runs from the cruise ship dock to the airport?  If so could you please give me information concerning what bus number, how to get tickets, is there a place for storing luggage?  Thanks for the information.

On 5/31/2019 at 5:39 PM, Danish viking said:

What date is this. 

https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/trafikinfo/koereplaner/koereplaner-bus/25/

Here you should 5he the days operates.

I also did notice that I could not find bus 25 on the journey planner but the correct timetable should be here. 

Hi Danish Viking, 

Thank you for your guidance. I will try to find the timetable you reference.  Using the Journey Planner from the link you provided above I had noticed that bus 25 showed up on Monday the 8th, so I was making the assumption it didn't run daily.  Hopefully I am wrong!

4 hours ago, fishman620 said:

Is there a public bus that runs from the cruise ship dock to the airport?  If so could you please give me information concerning what bus number, how to get tickets, is there a place for storing luggage?  Thanks for the information.

No you will have to switch to a train or metro.

1 hour ago, Danish viking said:

Push on Hent Køreplan for hele linien and it will show up on a pdf file.

Thank you.    I see our date on the plan, so I'm hoping the Journey Planner database is just not updated with the current schedule.  Thanks again!

Thank you! This is very helpful. My hubby is not real comfortable about doing things on our own but I have convinced him we will be able to handle this fine. We are arriving on June 23rd and am having a little bit of trouble figuring it out from link provided but am hopeful I will before then. 

About the elevator at Østerport, it worked 2,5 weeks ago! I read your advice Danish Viking and it was indeed very easy! Even when walking with a suitcase and an extra bag and the bus stop is indeed very close to the both the station and the Ship.

I don’t know if a lot of people know the app citymapper, but if you do, it works perfectly in Copenhagen, which makes travelling around even easier!

• Like 2

The elevator is brand new so its not like it has been out of order for a long time 🙂

The elevators has been a part of the upgrade of the station in preperation for the new metro line. 

But for some odd reason they installed all 3 elevators to the platforms a year or 2 ago but has waited with the one down to the busses until now. 

Very weird. 

Edited by Danish viking