Cruise Critic Community
kanobette

Westerdam Partially Obstructed View Cabin 4087

I recently completed the Trans-Pacific crossing on Westerdam in a partially obstructed view cabin (4087).    I was very happy with the cabin as the floor to ceiling window allowed in plenty of light, the position of the bed was good, and on a crossing that was cold and sometimes pretty rough I still enjoyed the benefits of the view.   You should be mindful that from time to time a crew member will appear outside your window checking equipment.  I only noticed this in port so just kept the sheer curtain drawn to avoid a surprise.  The central location was really nice as well.  

4087-4.JPG

4087-3.JPG

4087-2.JPG

4087-1.JPG

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your positive post!  I have had a partially obstructed cabin on Deck 4 on the Zuiderdam and found the view "issues" to be insignificant.  I have a fully obstructed cabin booked on the Westerdam for my July cruise to Alaska.  It'll be interesting to see how "fully obstructed" the view will be, but given the itinerary when cool/cold weather and wind can limit how much a veranda can be used, I will enjoy the savings over booking a veranda cabin.

Totally agree, the amount of light coming into my Zuiderdam cabin with the large windows was an unexpected surprise.  Plus, I thought the size of the cabin itself was larger than the standard veranda cabin.

Edited by rkacruiser

Thank you for your post Kanobette!  I know this will be helpful to others in this room/category.

What timing!  We will be on the Westerdam May 26-June 2, our friends are booked in 4087 and we have 4088.   Thank you!

On 5/19/2019 at 5:39 PM, rkacruiser said:

Plus, I thought the size of the cabin itself was larger than the standard veranda cabin.

Nope - same size

The Obstructed and Partially Obstructed staterooms are a very good value, when we cruise on a Vista or Signature ship they are the area that we check.  

Thanks for the pics.  We just moved our cabin to 4079 on the Westerdam for a 19 day SA to San Diego voyage from a regular ocean view.  Saved some money and get a room layout we like better and more light!