Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
thesmiths

Just off the Magic 8 day, Any Questions?

Recommended Posts

We had a great time, 7 of us.

 

Don't have time for a full review but will check back to answer any questions that I can.

 

Had an aft wrap on 7.

 

We hit St Maartin, St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk.

 

Did the Steak House once, Italian once and  Anytime 3 Nights.

 

Some cabins in our party had the drink package and some did not.

3 Balconies and 1 inside.

 

Any negatives on the ship were not ship/staff related.

 

Stayed at the Renaissance Cruise Hotel Prior.

 

Did Larry Limo's 3 x.

 

Thenford Grey Tours

 

Bernards Tours

 

Golf Carts, Jacks & Margaritville in Grand Turk

 

San Juan, Uber and walked around.

 

Let me know.

 

Cruise.jpg

Edited by thesmiths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How was the aft wrap? We are in 7458 on the Breeze for an upcoming cruise. Never have had an aft cabin or a wrap. How was the noise? any vibration? layout of the room? Any pictures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

How was the aft wrap? We are in 7458 on the Breeze for an upcoming cruise. Never have had an aft cabin or a wrap. How was the noise? any vibration? layout of the room? Any pictures?

Here is a a youtube video of the cabin we stayed in.

Not our video but will give you a great idea on how it is setup.

We love an Aft wrap.

I have 2 more cruise booked and they are both aft wraps on 7.

 

Our cabin was the meeting point for dinners, port days. etc.. plenty of room for 7....

 

No noise,  A bit of vibration maneuvering in ports and up to docks. Nothing that would make me change cabins for the future.

 

Has one chair and table in the cabin, no couch.

If I'm going to sit it is on the balcony.

 

Few Pics from our balcony.

This is why we love it.

Can see forward, Side and Aft.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cruise 4.jpg

Cruise 6.jpg

Cruise2.jpg

Cruise 5.jpg

Edited by thesmiths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so glad to see someone post who was recently on the Magic. I'm doing the same itinerary on the Magic in October. I have two questions for you: 1. Which nights were formal nights? 2. Were the umbrellas still up on Umbrella Street in San Juan? I heard a rumor they were taken down.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are doing this itinerary August 31st and can't wait!!  What did you do in St. Kitts and St. Maartin?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same Itinerary July 6th !  Really looking forward to it.

Can you tell me if the safes use the keypad or a slide card?

I am also booked with Thenford Grey.  Can you tell me how you liked the tour and if you stayed and any beach and which one? especially if you liked it.

 

Thanks so much !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on the same cruise and had a GREAT time.

1st time in St. Kitts and San Juan and loved both.

If we had one complain at all it was that MarQ (the cruise director) was the most obnoxious CD we have ever had.

His announcements were so annoying and often that it made us cringe every time we heard the "bing, bang, bong" of the announcement chime.

 

Other than him, the cruise was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the Magic with the same Itinerary in April 2020, what excursions did you do at each port? Also-any must do or see on the ship? Favorite meal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the Magic in July 2019.  We were planning on renting a golf cart in Grand Turk.  Which company did you use?  Did you pre-book, or rented it when you got to port?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@hard_eight - looks amazing!  Thanks for posting the link.  We'll be doing same itinerary in April 2020 - looks like a winner for us in St. Maarten!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you remember what the playlist production shows were? We will be on the Magic again in January and are really hoping some of the shows have been updated. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Phoenix33 said:

I'm so glad to see someone post who was recently on the Magic. I'm doing the same itinerary on the Magic in October. I have two questions for you: 1. Which nights were formal nights? 2. Were the umbrellas still up on Umbrella Street in San Juan? I heard a rumor they were taken down.

 

Thanks.

Cruise left Saturday . Elegant nights were Sunday And Thursday. Thursday was Early departure from San Juan.

Had my elderly parents and were heading over there to see Umbrella Street but did not make it. Cut the walk short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dani85bri06 said:

We are doing this itinerary August 31st and can't wait!!  What did you do in St. Kitts and St. Maartin?  

I booked a Private Van on each Island with Bernard & Thenford Tours because my Parents were with us.

We had 6-7 hour tours of the Islands at our pace.

Seen all of the sights and spent a few Hours at Maho Beach to watch planes and lunch Stopped at Orient Beach for a few drinks and saw both sides of the Island.

 

St Kitts did all the sights and a few Hours at Shipwreck, Not much of a beach laid back and a nice swim with lunch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 19cruiser59 said:

Same Itinerary July 6th !  Really looking forward to it.

Can you tell me if the safes use the keypad or a slide card?

I am also booked with Thenford Grey.  Can you tell me how you liked the tour and if you stayed and any beach and which one? especially if you liked it.

 

Thanks so much !

Key Pad.

We did a private tour, Loved it. Pastor Wiliams ( Henry) was our driver. Great guy and good tour.

Brimstone Hill and a fw other stops.

We ended up at Shipwreck ( our Choice) for a swim and lunch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Therobielyn's said:

We were on the same cruise and had a GREAT time.

1st time in St. Kitts and San Juan and loved both.

If we had one complain at all it was that MarQ (the cruise director) was the most obnoxious CD we have ever had.

His announcements were so annoying and often that it made us cringe every time we heard the "bing, bang, bong" of the announcement chime.

 

Other than him, the cruise was perfect.

Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What time did disembarkation start? We’re sailing soon and I’m looking at an early flight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thesmiths said:

Good Morning Good Morning Good Morning.

 

 

LOL.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........

Ciao, ciao...oh...but it's just for now!!!

Good grief!!!

Just the thought of hearing that right now makes me ill.

By far the worst CD we have had, but then again, there is only one MIKE PACK!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spyingeyes said:

Do you remember what the playlist production shows were? We will be on the Magic again in January and are really hoping some of the shows have been updated. Thanks!

I have all the Fun Times, still unpacking, will advise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RDDAILY said:

We are on the Magic in July 2019.  We were planning on renting a golf cart in Grand Turk.  Which company did you use?  Did you pre-book, or rented it when you got to port?  Thanks!

Pre-Booked with Wet Money $100.00.

If you pay with CC.. 12% I heard them say to someone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I had the same question about the golf cart rentals in Grand Turk,. Excuse me, I guess I am dumb, but what is Wet Money? Is that the name of the company you booked with? Do you recommend any tours that snorkel the 7000 foot wall in GRand turk or close to it? 

Thanks in advance! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, thesmiths said:

We had a great time, 7 of us.

 

Don't have time for a full review but will check back to answer any questions that I can.

 

Had an aft wrap on 7.

 

We hit St Maartin, St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk.

 

Did the Steak House once, Italian once and  Anytime 3 Nights.

 

Some cabins in our party had the drink package and some did not.

3 Balconies and 1 inside.

 

Any negatives on the ship were not ship/staff related.

 

Stayed at the Renaissance Cruise Hotel Prior.

 

Did Larry Limo's 3 x.

 

Thenford Grey Tours

 

Bernards Tours

 

Golf Carts, Jacks & Margaritville in Grand Turk

 

San Juan, Uber and walked around.

 

Let me know.

 

Cruise.jpg

How as Grand Turk like with that bigger ship? I've been, but on the Sunshine, so were there beach chairs still available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Malchi said:

What time did disembarkation start? We’re sailing soon and I’m looking at an early flight?

Our Flight was at 11:40

 

Had Larrys set to pick us up at 08:30.

We went down to 3 with our luggage at 6:55 and was off the ship through Customs and waiting for Larrys at 7:20.

Called Larrys and was at the airport by 8:00

 

Too smooth.

 

As was Embarkation.

Time was 12 to check in. Go there at 11:15, Hanging around someone came up to us and said what are you waiting for. Eating lunch at 11:50.

 

 

 

 

Edited by thesmiths

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

Doing the Magic in Sept. Were are the muster stations are they all indoors now ?

deck 2 middle

 

We were 7 Aft and our station was inside.

I don't recall any being outside other then crews, not 100% sure though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Q&A with InsureMyTrip
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...