Lisbon hotel

On 5/20/2019 at 6:04 PM, Beachvue said:

Looking for recommendations for a hotel in Lisbon.  

How long are you there for? We are flying to Lisbon after our cruising in Barcelona and have decided to stay in a VRBO. Depending on how long you're staying, may be a better option than a hotel. For me, I wanted to be more submerged in the culture and found a great location for just that. 

Hi There

We stayed at Bessa Hotel right on Liberdade in the central part of Lisbon last October 2018. Modern styled rooms and very large compared to other places - has breakfast room and gym/steam bath downstairs and a little pool indoors. Quiet if roomed in the back. Very convenient as Metro stop was right there at Restauradores and walking distance or the Gloria tram car uphill to Bairo Alto/Principe Real neighborhoods (many restuarants and nightlife) and also walking distance to Carmo/Baixa/Chiado (for shopping eating etc.). Liberdade has street a flea market usually on Wenesdays and Saturdays. The central part of Liberdade below the Pombal Square is only 15- 20 minutes by taxi back to the ports - either Alcanatara area (bigger ships) or Santa Appolonia (smaller ships). Many hotels in this area. Have stayed in Eurostars chain, which has a place close by, but not here in Lisbon.  Airport from central Lisbon is about 35 minutes - 30-35E

• 4 weeks later...

I have been to Lisbon 6 times in the last 6 months. 

Some of my favorite hotels:

Very chic and upscale: Valverde, The One Palacio Anunciada, and Memmo Alfama ( this last is more “hip”

some great options at a less expensive price:

Casa De Janelas com Vista

1869 Principe Real

• 3 weeks later...

Depends - my definition would be any along Av. Liberdade and either side of it

Avenida Palace Hotel at the bottom near Rossio Sq , Hotel Valverde in the middle by the fancy boutique stores, and Four Seasons Ritz and Intercontinental at the top near Marques De Pombal circle and Eduard VII park.

• 4 weeks later...

We ended up booking an apartment at Flora Chiado.  We like the fun location with 2 Michelin starred restaurants in the block and the full service aspect.  They get excellent reviews on TA and though we usually gravitate towards FS or other upscale hotels sometimes those neighborhoods are not so fun.