Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lake show cruiser

First look: Oasis of the Seas is getting the biggest Royal Amplified reimagining ever

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Surprising, I've never heard you say that before.🙄

Not in the past couple days😜.

 

Ugh—- the Abyss is coming. Too bad. There goes another water view from a ship that doesn’t have that many to begin with. 

 

mac_tlc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Surprising, I've never heard you say that before.🙄

 

John is a "Cats" lover from way back!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read a RCCL blog re the changes coming to Oasis of the Seas. They mention adding the Music Hall with "cover bands" . Does this mean that Dazzles & the amazing bands that have played across all of the Oasis Class will be no more? Experienced the Music Hall on Anthem and it could not compare to Dazzles. Hoping someone from RCCL or anyone with any inside information reads this and can clarify. Just booked an OAS for Nov 2020 which I might want to change.  

 

Also with the restaurants there is no mention of 150 Central Park. Only Chops, Giovanni's Table & Izumi are mentioned. 

 

Loving the Oasis ships as we do, this is somewhat sad .  😥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, little britain said:

No mention of DL or CL changes?

CL was converted into SL during their last major upgrade. Rumor onboard in March from staff is that DL is moving back to deck 4 and Wonderland will take over it’s spot on 11 and 12.

Edited by orville99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Canadian Scarlett said:

Does anyone have any idea how much the escape room will cost?

It was free on Mariner... just had to sign up early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Canadian Scarlett said:

Does anyone have any idea how much the escape room will cost?

On the ships that charge for it, it's $20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

On the ships that charge for it, it's $20.

Maybe there was a fee on Mariner.  Now that I think about it, I didn't sign us up and just thought it was free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Grumpus said:

Maybe there was a fee on Mariner.  Now that I think about it, I didn't sign us up and just thought it was free.

As far as I know, only Anthem and Ovation are free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

Will they replace Cats with something else?

I hope it’s Harry Potter and the cursed child

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I looked at my entire first page to see if there was another post. Couldn’t see one due to the amount of sticky’s on first page. Sorry for double posting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a music hall is wonderful. That is one of my favorite venues on Anthem. If they have the same tribute bands I suspect it will become extremely popular :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mention of entertainment yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, orville99 said:

CL was converted into SL during their last major upgrade. Rumor onboard in March from staff is that DL is moving back to deck 4 and Wonderland will take over it’s spot on 11 and 12.

 

No mention of Wonderland in press release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, P8aTe24kDwkVf said:

Will they replace Cats with something else?

 

4 hours ago, The Sunset Glow said:

 

OMG I hope so 

 

4 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

One can only hope.  Maybe they can move it to one of the ships over in Asia full time.

 

Facebook seems to think CATS is staying 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't notice any mention of new/additional staterooms.  Maybe they're saving that for next reveal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I looked at my entire first page to see if there was another post. Couldn’t see one due to the amount of sticky’s on first page. Sorry for double posting. 

 

Don't feel bad - I did the same this morning. Looked at 4 pages and didn't see any posts about it 🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

No mention of Wonderland in press release

No mention in the press releases, but the deck maps by the elevators show wonderland on decks 11 and 12, and that conversion was supposed to happen during Oasis last refurb, but didn't happen. DL concierge was the one who told us the DL was moving back down to Deck 4 either where the Comedy club is next to the Jazz Club (where it is on Harmony), or into Blaze across the hall (which they were using as the DL overflow lounge in March). They also don't say anything about where the BBQ joint is going, but the renderings look a lot like they've co-opted  the Solarium Bistro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it looks great!  Will try it for sure.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, orville99 said:

No mention in the press releases, but the deck maps by the elevators show wonderland on decks 11 and 12, and that conversion was supposed to happen during Oasis last refurb, but didn't happen. DL concierge was the one who told us the DL was moving back down to Deck 4 either where the Comedy club is next to the Jazz Club (where it is on Harmony), or into Blaze across the hall (which they were using as the DL overflow lounge in March). They also don't say anything about where the BBQ joint is going, but the renderings look a lot like they've co-opted  the Solarium Bistro.

 

Yes, it was supposed to go there in 2014, but it did not work out. No reason to believe it will now, especially with the lack of Press

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Yes, it was supposed to go there in 2014, but it did not work out. No reason to believe it will now, especially with the lack of Press

I’m confused. Is the DL moving?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The BBQ is not on the Solarium.  It’s aft.  Maybe it’s replacing the scuba shop.  El loco fresh starboard, BBQ Port 

A0A8E831-D7FD-44B1-9A27-DD7900DD0CE3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...