Adventure Of The Seas Itinerary Change - Bar Harbor Canceled - Sept 16 sailing

Just got an email last night from Royal - Bar Harbor is canceled (because quote "We’ve been advised that there will be some port congestion in Bar Harbor, Maine on September 24th")

Too bad, but it will be nice to have an overnight in Portland.  Not a fan though of having to hop to/from US/Canada like that, yay, I really want to go through US Customs twice on this trip... sigh.  We are losing an hour in Boston (and tacking on the Customs time) - sure glad I've been there many times or I'd be ticked.

Question for those who have overnighted in ports (we've only ever been on cruises with day ports) - are you able to come back at your leisure at night?  Or is there a time they expect you to be aboard by?

unnamed.png.0b09bbefd004d1f7eac9ddb61b3835da.png

Edited by WorkerBee74

3 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Just got an email last night from Royal - Bar Harbor is canceled (because quote "We’ve been advised that there will be some port congestion in Bar Harbor, Maine on September 24th")

Too bad, but it will be nice to have an overnight in Portland.  Not a fan though of having to hop to/from US/Canada like that, yay, I really want to go through US Customs twice on this trip... sigh.  We are losing an hour in Boston (and tacking on the Customs time) - sure glad I've been there many times or I'd be ticked.

Question for those who have overnighted in ports (we've only ever been on cruises with day ports) - are you able to come back at your leisure at night?  Or is there a time they expect you to be aboard by?

You can come and go as you please 24 hours.

• Thanks 1

Good to know - thanks!  I don't imagine there's much to do in Portland at 4am, but you never know 😛

We're renting a car one of the days to go to Kennebunkport so now I'll keep that day to the car rental and we'll spend the first day in the Old Port area, I just hope my mom doesn't find out about the outlet shopping at Freeport - haha.  

I work here in downtown Portland.  If I turn my head to the right here at work, I can see the dock where the ships park.  Let me know if you need any info and I can ask around for you.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Good to know - thanks!  I don't imagine there's much to do in Portland at 4am, but you never know 😛

We're renting a car one of the days to go to Kennebunkport so now I'll keep that day to the car rental and we'll spend the first day in the Old Port area, I just hope my mom doesn't find out about the outlet shopping at Freeport - haha.  

Or down in Kittery!

Enjoy the day in Kennebunkport... food recommendations below

Lobster - Nunan's Lobster Hut

Fancyish dinner - Bandaloop or Earth

Further, Fancyish dinner - Walkers

Fried seafood/Lobster roll - Clam Shack

Normal Ice Cream - Scoop Deck

Fancy Ice Cream - Rococo

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

LOBSTER for breakfast, LOBSTER for lunch, LOBSTER for dinner.  Would work for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rbschultz said:

Or down in Kittery!

Enjoy the day in Kennebunkport... food recommendations below

Lobster - Nunan's Lobster Hut

Fancyish dinner - Bandaloop or Earth

Further, Fancyish dinner - Walkers

Fried seafood/Lobster roll - Clam Shack

Normal Ice Cream - Scoop Deck

Fancy Ice Cream - Rococo

Wow thanks for the recs!  And thanks @Deaden - I'll let you know!

6 minutes ago, hisfirstm8 said:

Deaden,

What car rental company would you recommend as the best and closest to the cruise pier.

I'm interested in the answer too - I get a good deal through Enterprise at work so I am using them (on Marginal Way) - was planning to take an Uber/taxi up there to get it.  Someone said they were shuttled back to the cruise ship so that would be sweet if we could get a ride there to pick it up too...

Edited by WorkerBee74