How's the water on Harvest Caye?

Lupush

Hi CC Family,

I haven't been to Harvest Caye since Feb 2018, and was wondering for those who have been lately how the water was?  Last time we were there it was kind of murky and not nearly as blue and inviting as I would have hoped.  We'll be there on Breakaway July 4th week and am hoping it will be a little better.  Can anyone share any recent experiences?

Thanks!

Hi there, we visited Harvest Caye in April and whilst the water wasn't murky, what we DID notice was it was very difficult to walk into the sea. The sand is extremely hard and uncomfortable on bare feet. It is also very uneven and even right at the shore's edge, goes up and down badly. Then again, I have joint issues, so feel things more easily, but no, don't recall the water being murky. Enjoy your trip! 🙂 

On 5/21/2019 at 3:46 PM, Lupush said:

Hi CC Family,

I haven't been to Harvest Caye since Feb 2018, and was wondering for those who have been lately how the water was?  Last time we were there it was kind of murky and not nearly as blue and inviting as I would have hoped.  We'll be there on Breakaway July 4th week and am hoping it will be a little better.  Can anyone share any recent experiences?

Thanks!

Wet

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Wet

Let's try and provide something more constructive. 

Harvest Caye is really not a great place for snorkeling. And, like GSC, is a man made beach. It really hasn't changed in a year. The link below starting at post #159 is from our trip in August. We enjoyed swimming a bit in the ocean, then getting a drink in the pool. 

4 hours ago, Minoushka said:

Yucky when I was there ladt feb ..seaweed and mud ...yuck

February 2018 was when we were there last.  Hoping July might be different.

We were there in April, and I concur that the water was not the crystal clear or bright blue water that one might hope to find on a Caye in Belize.   Our water shoes were REQUIRED to protect our feet.   When standing, still (at waist deep) we could see our feet, but walking around stirred up the sand and made the water murky. 

With that said, it was a fun day of swimming and playing.   I'd go back...

There wasn't much seaweed in the water, but I could tell that the staff had "swept" the beach before our arrival so they must have to do regular maintenance to keep it "beachy".   

31 minutes ago, TPgal said:

We were there in April, and I concur that the water was not the crystal clear or bright blue water that one might hope to find on a Caye in Belize.   Our water shoes were REQUIRED to protect our feet.   When standing, still (at waist deep) we could see our feet, but walking around stirred up the sand and made the water murky. 

With that said, it was a fun day of swimming and playing.   I'd go back...

There wasn't much seaweed in the water, but I could tell that the staff had "swept" the beach before our arrival so they must have to do regular maintenance to keep it "beachy".   

Thats good to know they are doing some upkeep