Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
39august

Classic package new limit?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

She takes her tea seriously!

LOL!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Just back from a cruise on Solstice with a friend who purchased the classic package.  She was charged for tea in Bacio, told that the classic package did not cover it.  She was not impressed and is going back to NCL.  Good job, Celebrity!  Way to win new clients.

 

Teas at Bacio were included on Reflection last month.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you Pay as You Go -any idea on what price  the drinks may be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Just back from a cruise on Solstice with a friend who purchased the classic package.  She was charged for tea in Bacio, told that the classic package did not cover it.  She was not impressed and is going back to NCL.  Good job, Celebrity!  Way to win new clients.

 

Seriously one would bolt for another line for only this issue.  Especially since this could have been resolved with a little communication

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

 

Seriously one would bolt for another line for only this issue.  Especially since this could have been resolved with a little communication

I see this comment has brought out all the Celebrity cheerleaders.  Her first cruise on Celebrity, so she's not bolting, she's probably just not coming back.  There were other problems with her drink package.  Some bars would give her the drink she ordered, others would not.  No consistency.  Not all people want to get into it with Guest Relations.  She chose not to.  She compared NCL and Celebrity and said she liked NCL better.  That's her opinion.  She is trying MSC Yacht Club next and then Princess.

 

This was not the only reason she said she preferred NCL.  She liked the food and the entertainment better on NCL.  The Sky Lounge was closed for observation when we sailed into the fjord.  Not a great move on Celebrity's part.  There were several small missteps on this ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I see this comment has brought out all the Celebrity cheerleaders.  Her first cruise on Celebrity, so she's not bolting, she's probably just not coming back.  There were other problems with her drink package.  Some bars would give her the drink she ordered, others would not.  No consistency.  Not all people want to get into it with Guest Relations.  She chose not to.  She compared NCL and Celebrity and said she liked NCL better.  That's her opinion.  She is trying MSC Yacht Club next and then Princess.

 

This was not the only reason she said she preferred NCL.  She liked the food and the entertainment better on NCL.  The Sky Lounge was closed for observation when we sailed into the fjord.  Not a great move on Celebrity's part.  There were several small missteps on this ship.

 

Well that’s a horse of a different color

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are frozen drinks included in the classic, for example pina colada etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, lulurobby said:

Are frozen drinks included in the classic, for example pina colada etc

Deleted. Wrong thread. 

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're referring to the Classic Alcohol package, yes. At least they have always been included in the past (unless there's been a very recent change!) We have enjoyed pina coladas, frozen daquiris, etc. on our Classic package in the recent past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

You may not go over 6-7 alcoholic drinks per day but the package also includes bottled water, pop, and coffee and teas from Al Bacio...easy to go over when you include those!

Where did you see that figure of 6-7. I believe Carnival has a limit to the # per day. I have never seen or heard of Celebrity having this policy.

 

Anyone else?

 

FYI we are not raging alcoholics but 6 could be easy to get to on a day at sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Qwksilver said:

Where did you see that figure of 6-7. I believe Carnival has a limit to the # per day. I have never seen or heard of Celebrity having this policy.

 

Anyone else?

 

FYI we are not raging alcoholics but 6 could be easy to get to on a day at sea.

 

See post #19...The figure of 6-7 was referenced by the poster that I was responding to.  Celebrity doesn't have a max drinks per day policy...at least not yet!

Edited by Barwick Cruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes, pina coladas, mudslides,  margaritas and a whole lot of other drinks are covered by the Classic Package.  

Edited by jelayne
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you just love the stories of people so indignant of one small aspect of their cruise that they'll happily got back to a different line that charges about $40 per day more for the drinks package, which actually provides a lot less in the way of options! You even have to pay  $19.80 per day gratuities for the 'free' drinks package!

 

It's one of the reasons we came over to X, but not the main one, of course! I quit smoking almost four years ago and prefer the air on X, but that's another story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...