Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
GenghisQuan

MSC Current Status Match Tables

Recommended Posts

My HAL and NCL cruise history was submitted to MSC through my cruise agent and I was given Black Card status last April.  I booked an upcoming 11 nights in the Yacht Club aboard the MSC Divina in February, followed by a B2B 14 nights in the Yacht Club, aboard the MSC Seaside in March.  My Black Card status followed me on both of these bookings with no problem.😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello to you all!  We are contemplating booking our first MSC cruise early next year and have been reading this informative thread.  I still have lots to learn/research regarding MSC but was wondering if for my first question, you all may be able to answer it.  For the status match, has anyone used Cunard?  We are platinum with Cunard and was wondering what  match we will most like receive.  Also, what kind of confirmation documents do you need to show them?  Thank you most kindly, in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Mate, I would contact Cunard directly and request your sailing history record be mailed to you.  They would have a record of your sailings which they would have used to award you Platinum status.  You would then either forward the Cunard document to your travel agent, or MSC directly, requesting a Status Match for your upcoming cruise.😉

 

Thom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 12:17 PM, WNcruiser said:

Can I ask what you emailed them? The Celebrity and Captains club main page only shows my first name along with status and points. I can’t fit all the info they are asking for in one photo. Thank you! 

I'm in the same boat as you!  No matter where I go on that website, I cannot get all the info they want on one page.....  Have looked at every tab and section I can pull up-no luck.  Tried on Royal Caribbean and it's the same issue.  Anyone have any other suggestions??

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tnt10 said:

I'm in the same boat as you!  No matter where I go on that website, I cannot get all the info they want on one page.....  Have looked at every tab and section I can pull up-no luck.  Tried on Royal Caribbean and it's the same issue.  Anyone have any other suggestions??

Thanks!

Instead of using the "apply now" section on the website, I just emailed the Voyagers club directly. I attached two screen shots of my full name, status (D+) and points. After more than two weeks I received an email saying since I didnt have a cruise booked with them they can't status match me. Huh? Didn't know that was a requirement. They told me to resend everything when I have a booking.  We have since decided not to try MSC and stick with our favorites. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 6:08 PM, WNcruiser said:

Instead of using the "apply now" section on the website, I just emailed the Voyagers club directly. I attached two screen shots of my full name, status (D+) and points. After more than two weeks I received an email saying since I didnt have a cruise booked with them they can't status match me. Huh? Didn't know that was a requirement. They told me to resend everything when I have a booking.  We have since decided not to try MSC and stick with our favorites. 

Curious as to a screen shot of what, specifically?

The only info I could get up on either Royal or Celebrity was spaced out over 3 pages, nothing shoed all the info they wanted on 1 page.  Am I missing something?

Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, tnt10 said:

Curious as to a screen shot of what, specifically?

The only info I could get up on either Royal or Celebrity was spaced out over 3 pages, nothing shoed all the info they wanted on 1 page.  Am I missing something?

Thx

I actually sent two screen shots. When you log in to RCI click on My Account and then settings. I took a screen shot of the top of the page which includes your first name, Crown & Anchor #, status and points. Then scroll down to About Me which has your full name, date of birth, address and C&A number. That is all the information they need. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all your insights and reporting! Has anyone used, or does MSC accept time share level?  We are Titanium Elite with MarriottBonvoy and Chairman’s Club with Marriott time share-which is the highest level. Wondering if that would get us more than the Titanium Elite?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Not sure why but it would only allow one card.  I was not able to send my multiple status on different lines?   Not sure what to do now

Edited by Nymich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am currently waiting a reply from MSC Voyager Club regarding status match.

Sent info 2 weeks and 1 day ago.....

Will let you know when I hear back.

Happy Cruising,

TnT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 10:05 AM, Nymich said:

 Not sure why but it would only allow one card.  I was not able to send my multiple status on different lines?   Not sure what to do now

I hope you sent the information for your highest status program since it is not a cumulative status match.  That will give you the highest status match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does Gold status match to on MSC?  And what benefits would such a match give us? By way of further info, we would be booking YC on MSC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received the status match email from MSC.

Princess Platinum to MSC Gold 4300 points.

Submitted request 09/03/2019 received upgrade 09/21/2019.

I've added the info to the status match table.

Thank you for starting this thread.

It helps those of us who are new to MSC.

I sail 05/16/2020 on the Seaside.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am well into Elite Plus with Celebrity (close to 1,400 points) and was given Gold on MSC.  The person with post #106 was given the same (Gold) as a Celebrity Select passenger.  It seems to be a very broad range of loyalty statuses going into Gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting on status match.  Its been 8 days.  I don't even know if they are processing it and we leave in 3 weeks.  I tried to call MSC twice but they won't give me any information.  I hope it is being processed.  Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2019 at 2:29 PM, CCLcruiser91 said:

Update - MSC changed my status match from "classic" to "gold"

Did you contact them or did they just change it?  I am still trying to get my status match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Tssweety said:

Did you contact them or did they just change it?  I am still trying to get my status match.

I had to contact them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those using Marriott to status match, what did you show them as proof? When logged into the Marriott account, it only shows first name not last with the status level. MSC won't accept it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We joined in 2017 and matched our Royal Caribbean status which is diamond.We got the balck card.I have just enoled my dad who is diamond plus with Royal and today got his match back but only gold card.Shouldn't he be a black card holder as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:21 PM, Shocked91 said:

We joined in 2017 and matched our Royal Caribbean status which is diamond.We got the balck card.I have just enoled my dad who is diamond plus with Royal and today got his match back but only gold card.Shouldn't he be a black card holder as well?

 

 

I believe it's all about your timing.  They seemed to be a bit more generous handing out black cards a couple of years ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...