Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
bazzaw

Cunard check-in times ?

I have booked a Cunard cruise which departs Yokohama Japan. The ship departs at 6PM - I am wondering what kind of window of time I have between the earliest and latest checkin times???  Trying to decide which hotels to book pre-departure - could book one at the port but would possibly be more convenient to get one at the Tokyo airport and make our way down to Yokohama the next day ( well before 6PM) 

You should be given a check-in time on your e-ticket, but I wouldn't want to arrive any later than 3 hours before departure - all-aboard is usually 30 minutes to an hour before departure. 

Hi Barry,  we just got back from a Yokohama to Vancouver cruise and our e-tickets said 2:30 check-in with a 6pm departure.  Of course we got there earlier and pretty much boarded within 30 minutes.

We stayed at the Intercontinental, which is in a great location and would recommend it.  If you stay near the airport, which airport?  Haneda is closer to Yokohama but if you want to do a little sight-seeing in Yokohama you would have to commute a bit.  Narita is about an hour away from Yokohama and depending on the day of the week you might have to consider traffic which can be considerable during the week.  

Another consideration if you booked with Cunard directly, if their transfer to the ship. We had some friends that had the transfer from a hotel in Tokyo to the ship and arrived before noon.

If you have any other questions that maybe I can answer, I would be happy to help.