Cruise Critic Community
bandp407

Three Night Dining Package- Equinox

We will be sailing once again on the Equinox in July. Can anyone tell me if we purchase the 3 night dining package will we be able to select our restaurants and times? I seem to remember reading that you can not & the ships assign. If so, from experience, what are the chances of changing? 

Many thanks!

Once you board go to one of the tables selling dining packages and they can book your restaurants & times.  You can also go to 1 of the specialty restaurants and book all 3 of your dinners.

When you purchase you pick a day ! or 2 and time, but that is just so the computer can process the booking. 

25 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Once you board go to one of the tables selling dining packages and they can book your restaurants & times.  You can also go to 1 of the specialty restaurants and book all 3 of your dinners.

When you purchase you pick a day ! or 2 and time, but that is just so the computer can process the booking. 

Many thanks!

Our you can be like us on the Reflection last year. When we got onboard we went right to the specialty restaurant booking desk and were told the only times/dates they could offer us for your 4 night package were times and dates we did not want.  Either very early or very late on port days. Nothing reasonable, nothing on sea days.  Our next stop was guest relations and after some discussion we opted to just have the $250 refunded to us.  We were really looking forward to trying out the specialty dining venues but in the end we were very happy with the MDR.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

Our you can be like us on the Reflection last year. When we got onboard we went right to the specialty restaurant booking desk and were told the only times/dates they could offer us for your 4 night package were times and dates we did not want.  Either very early or very late on port days. Nothing reasonable, nothing on sea days.  Our next stop was guest relations and after some discussion we opted to just have the $250 refunded to us.  We were really looking forward to trying out the specialty dining venues but in the end we were very happy with the MDR.

Thanks for the info. This is a story I thought I had heard in the past. We are going to book Morano for the first night and play it by ear from there. We too enjoyed the food in the MDR on the Equinox. 

We booked a 5 night package and went to Murano shortly after boarding to book everything.  They canceled our first night place holder and booked all 5 of the nights, plus we added a lunch.  We did Silk Harvest, Tuscan, 3 nights in Murano and lunch at Sushi on 5 and only one had a potential conflict (Murano on the last night of the cruise) so we took a time 1 hour later than we had wanted, but then went to the Concierge and asked if she could help us out to get what we wanted (we were in a Concierge Cabin).  By day 2 or 3 she called and said she had changed our reservation to the time we asked for. We were on a late March trip over Spring Break so the ship was full, but still didn't really have issues.  Hope you'll have the same opportunities. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

I am concerned we may encounter similar problem in getting reservations for specialty restaurants.

We used combination of obc and cash to pay for dining package.

If we can't get what we want at a time we want, then I plan to just cancel the package.

Is this option easy enough?  I see that's what you ended up doing.  Hopefully it won't be a hassle......

41 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

I am concerned we may encounter similar problem in getting reservations for specialty restaurants.

We used combination of obc and cash to pay for dining package.

If we can't get what we want at a time we want, then I plan to just cancel the package.

Is this option easy enough?  I see that's what you ended up doing.  Hopefully it won't be a hassle......

It was easy enough to do.  After two runs at getting dinging times and dates that worked for us the nice people at guest relations had the money credited back to our onboard account. That took a few days to post but by mid cruise it was sorted out.  We were a bit limited by food allergies so places like Qusine/LePetit Chef, Sushi on 5 and the Lawn Club did not work for us.  Since it was all booked with OBC from Celebrity Mrs Click took on for the team and spent more in the spa.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Click said:

It was easy enough to do.  After two runs at getting dinging times and dates that worked for us the nice people at guest relations had the money credited back to our onboard account. That took a few days to post but by mid cruise it was sorted out.  We were a bit limited by food allergies so places like Qusine/LePetit Chef, Sushi on 5 and the Lawn Club did not work for us.  Since it was all booked with OBC from Celebrity Mrs Click took on for the team and spent more in the spa.

Good to know.  Thank you for the quick reply!

17 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Thanks for the info. This is a story I thought I had heard in the past. We are going to book Morano for the first night and play it by ear from there. We too enjoyed the food in the MDR on the Equinox. 

If you plan on booking Murano on the first night, then you would be better off not getting the 3-night package and either booking the 1st night discounted price online or waiting to negotiate discounts on board. At $129 pp ($43 per night) the 3-night package is a terrible deal - hardly any discount at the more expensive restaurants and higher than the regular price for a couple of the lower priced restaurants.

4 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

If you plan on booking Murano on the first night, then you would be better off not getting the 3-night package and either booking the 1st night discounted price online or waiting to negotiate discounts on board. At $129 pp ($43 per night) the 3-night package is a terrible deal - hardly any discount at the more expensive restaurants and higher than the regular price for a couple of the lower priced restaurants.

Thanks much - exactly what we did. Murano booked for the first night. Holding off on the package.

Our experience is the peak times in Murano are saved for those paying full price, we are happy being flexible given we are paying a lower rate. The restaurants are no different to a land base restaurant in that 90% of people want peak times,  it everyone can get those times.

The only problem with the 1st night discount is that's the night they serve prime rib which is one of our favourites. We used to get the full weeks mdr menus when we boarded to research which day had the least appetizing mdr meal and then book that night or any night that was being discounted. With the X APP that allows everyone to access to this info before sailing I suspect that those evenings will fill up fast with no discounts being offered.

Do they discount the 3n dining package costings, or put it on sale... I ‘m seeing £99.33pp in my planner which is $126.25..... is that about right?!