Jump to content

Help!!!


stoneharborlady
 Share

Recommended Posts

There is a little button marked "Follow"  to the right of the Princess Cruises title.  Maybe you clicked on that by mistake?  If so, unclick it and see if that helps.

 

Actually, if you've clicked follow, it may say "unfollow" now.  Either way, click that button and that should do it.

Edited by pompeii
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Never had this problem before.  Two days ago every new topic posted on this forum started showing up in my email.  How do I turn this off?  Gave a quick look here, but cannot find anything.  Thank you if you can help.

click on your name - go to followed content - or - account settings

 

same thing happened to me , but without the email - just continuous 'notifcations' that someone had posted

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had something similar - a post I had commented on suddenly started sending email notifications everytime someone commented on it! I have notifications turned off, but it still keeps sending them! It's just one post, others are all fine!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Follow the procedure voljeep posted to see these options to turn off the automatic notifications.  That became a problem last week but don’t know if it’s a glitch or change with CC.  After removing the check marks to both notification options the problem was corrected.

 

 

DE158C58-5B38-446C-9B52-275050831FE0.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Thank you everyone.  Have turned off notifications, and will keep my fingers crossed!

Hopefully CC will eliminate the new default setting to automatically make us follow content so we can once again decide which ones to follow.

Edited by Astro Flyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the same problem.  Not only did I have to change in on account settings but I had to go my manage followed content and turn them off individually.  Once I did that no new ones have been added to auto email, TG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I had the same problem.  Not only did I have to change in on account settings but I had to go my manage followed content and turn them off individually.  Once I did that no new ones have been added to auto email, TG

That's what I had to do!

I had everything turned off in account settings but for some reason in followed content, they were still checked to send notifications.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

That's what I had to do!

I had everything turned off in account settings but for some reason in followed content, they were still checked to send notifications.

After changing my account settings options I also had to manually remove the previously automatically added threads to stop receiving unwanted notifications.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Similar thread on the HAL board last weekend:

 

 

I am still trying to turn off my notifications. I receive a couple of dozen emails every day. I hate to think how these would clog up my in-box when I go away next time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am still trying to turn off my notifications. I receive a couple of dozen emails every day. I hate to think how these would clog up my in-box when I go away next time.

This thread and the one from HAL have all the necessary information, or at least for me to eliminate the dozens of daily messages that had my Apple Watch buzzing constantly. These steps worked for me:

 

1. Go to the top right corner of the page, just above the search box, and click on "Aus Traveller" 

2. Under Settings, click on Manage Followed Content 

3. There should be a list of all of the threads for which you are receiving notifications. For each one, click on Change Preference. You can either change the type and frequency of notifications you will receive for those you wish to continue getting, or you can click on the red Unfollow button to stop them altogether. You can do this individually for each thread or select all of them and do a batch Unfollow.

 

Hopefully this will work for you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2019 at 1:10 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Follow the procedure voljeep posted to see these options to turn off the automatic notifications.  That became a problem last week but don’t know if it’s a glitch or change with CC.  After removing the check marks to both notification options the problem was corrected.

 

 

DE158C58-5B38-446C-9B52-275050831FE0.jpeg

Yes!! I did that last week and it cut down on notifications significantly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Yes!! I did that last week and it cut down on notifications significantly.

 

I also had to manually delete the threads CC automatically created to follow a thread before discovering a solution.  Several days ago I emailed the CC Help section asking if the change is the new default or is a glitch in their system...no response.

Edited by Astro Flyer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...