Costa Cruises Iceland excursions

Raj.K

World is small 🙂 I am also going with Mediterranea for Iceland cruise - starting 22th June from Ijmuiden. You can check available excursions on www.mycosta.com service (you need to log in using your name and booking number). I am just analyzing what I can do by mysfelf and where excursion is better option. Iceland is not cheap country and excursions are also not cheap - in my opinion it is similar level like in Norway. So far I have choosen two excursions: in Akureyeri and for Golden Circle in Reykavik. For other ports I will try do organize something by myself.

In Akureyri and Reykjavik we rented a car (shared with another couple from our roll call). We had two brilliant days, saw far more than on any cruise ship excursion and at a fraction of the cost.

• Like 1

I cant see any excursions yet as they are loaded last minute for family and friend cruises because technically I'm on standby until 4days prior to embarking but they always find a spare cabin in the end. I reckon it will be a blast.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:29 PM, BrianCruiser said:

Im going Costa Mediterranea July 24th from Imujen and includes Iceland. But until I go I wont know about the excursions. I'm also interested in feedback.

Sounds like we might be on the same cruise. I am still researching the excursions with Costa as well as other independent companies or individuals. 

On 5/23/2019 at 11:57 AM, greg2014 said:

World is small 🙂 I am also going with Mediterranea for Iceland cruise - starting 22th June from Ijmuiden. You can check available excursions on www.mycosta.com service (you need to log in using your name and booking number). I am just analyzing what I can do by mysfelf and where excursion is better option. Iceland is not cheap country and excursions are also not cheap - in my opinion it is similar level like in Norway. So far I have choosen two excursions: in Akureyeri and for Golden Circle in Reykavik. For other ports I will try do organize something by myself.

Indeed it is a small world. 

So Iceland seems (excursions) not as cool as the place might be. We are a family of 4 so the costs are HIGH! But there seem to be private tour operators providing private tours for small groups which might be slightly cheaper. I am still looking around. 

I understand that on board the ship last minute offers may be available, but some popular excursions may be sold out. 

Please post your experience after the cruise in June.

Have a lovely holiday!

15 hours ago, Omega1 said:

In Akureyri and Reykjavik we rented a car (shared with another couple from our roll call). We had two brilliant days, saw far more than on any cruise ship excursion and at a fraction of the cost.

Costa MEDITERRANEA, 24 July 2019 seem not to have a roll call. Can someone set one?

For 4 persons I think the best solution is renting car and organizing excursion on your own. I am sure it is the cheapest option and you have flexibility, visit what you want, spend in visited places as much time as want etc. I made research of ports of call and also see that in some of them it is also possible to use public transport - but of course schedule is very limited. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raj.K said:

Costa MEDITERRANEA, 24 July 2019 seem not to have a roll call. Can someone set one?

On 5/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, BrianCruiser said:

Im going Costa Mediterranea July 24th from Imujen and includes Iceland. But until I go I wont know about the excursions. I'm also interested in feedback.

Looks like a roll call has been started

Costa Mediterranea 24 july from Amsterdam

• Like 1