Cruise Critic Community
twodaywonder

Mardi Gras roller coaster the BOLT

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, twodaywonder said:

OK now how many cannot wait to ride it at full speed 40 mph. Am I the only one?

I will be 74 when I cruise on that ship and I want to get on that coaster real bad. They better not limit the age.

My cruise concealer who is in her 40s wants no part of it. My wife is a maybe. 

Others I talked to about it think I am crazy. May be. I will not go on it only once either. I hope it scares the beegees out of me. I can use a bit of excitement in my later years. Personally, I loved the old wooden coasters. Shook and seamed like they were always ready to fall apart. The noise they made. remember the click, click, click while climbing for that first drop. This one I am sure will be very quiet except for the wind and someone behind you screaming. I love it. How about you?

Ive been to dozens of theme parks and probably rode over 100 roller coasters in my life and ive never seen an age limit. I don't even think that's legal. They do the whole "don't ride if you are pregnant or have heart problems" but that's kinda common knowledge. I'm hoping there's no height or weight restrictions because I'm 6ft5 and over 300 but I went on the sky bike on the Vista with zero problems so we'll see.

2 hours ago, Ellusionz said:

Does the cart have a flotation device installed in it in case it falls off the track?

I cant tell if this is a serious or joke post

8 minutes ago, matymil said:

Ive been to dozens of theme parks and probably rode over 100 roller coasters in my life and ive never seen an age limit. I don't even think that's legal. They do the whole "don't ride if you are pregnant or have heart problems" but that's kinda common knowledge. I'm hoping there's no height or weight restrictions because I'm 6ft5 and over 300 but I went on the sky bike on the Vista with zero problems so we'll see.

Maritime law and laws in Panama and the Bahamas are very different than those in the United States.

On 5/26/2019 at 3:13 PM, CoasterGuy said:

I love roller coasters and cruising. Although I just got into cruising much more recently. Excited to try it. 

I don’t think Bolt is going to be much of a thrill ride for serious coaster enthusiasts. Favorite coasters is subjective, but I always end up comparing every coaster I ride on to Kingda Ka, which is still my favorite coaster. 

18 hours ago, matymil said:

I cant tell if this is a serious or joke post

A lil of both 🙂

On 5/28/2019 at 9:43 PM, Ellusionz said:

Does the cart have a flotation device installed in it in case it falls off the track?

Do a google search for "upstop wheels"

13 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think Bolt is going to be much of a thrill ride for serious coaster enthusiasts.

Yeah it definitely won't be the most extreme ride out there. but that's ok. I enjoy many coasters out there that aren't among the tallest and fastest.

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2019 at 12:25 AM, matymil said:

II'm hoping there's no height or weight restrictions because I'm 6ft5 and over 300 but I went on the sky bike on the Vista with zero problems so we'll see.

The fine print says a minimum of 43 inches and a maximum of 76 inches. Didn't see any mention of weight.

Edited by tandemcruzr
Spelling

3 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

The fine print says a minimum of 43 inches and a maximum of 76 inches. Didn't see any mention of weight.

Son of a b....  I'm 77. Oh well we'll see what happens

16 hours ago, CoasterGuy said:

Do a google search for "upstop wheels"

Could still malfunction, look at the daytona incident last year

On 5/28/2019 at 9:43 PM, Ellusionz said:

Don't think it will matter too much once it makes impact with the water.

18 hours ago, CoasterGuy said:

Yeah it definitely won't be the most extreme ride out there. but that's ok. I enjoy many coasters out there that aren't among the tallest and fastest.

The attraction will be the novelty of being on (above) the deck of a cruise ship. But I feel like, for me at least, that novelty will wear off after one or two rides.

Top speed is supposedly around 40 mph. The rider can control the speed to a small degree. It's basically like a little motorcycle on a monorail. It's not exactly a rollercoaster like what you might be familiar with. 

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I don’t think Bolt is going to be much of a thrill ride for serious coaster enthusiasts. Favorite coasters is subjective, but I always end up comparing every coaster I ride on to Kingda Ka, which is still my favorite coaster. 

Kingda Ka is good but Nitro and El Toro are both better imo

I highly doubt there will be a set weight restriction. It's simply a matter of whether your body will allow the restraints to close.