Cruise Critic Community
closecruiser

Info on the Summit

Looking at a Panama Canal cruise in 2020 on the Summit.  Have sailed on Silhouette a few times, the Reflection and the Eclipse.  What is the Summit like?

Thanks so much...   Is there a bar on deck 3 by the Grand Foyer like on Silhouette? (Passport bar I think it was)

21 minutes ago, closecruiser said:

Looking at a Panama Canal cruise in 2020 on the Summit.  Have sailed on Silhouette a few times, the Reflection and the Eclipse.  What is the Summit like?

Thanks so much...   Is there a bar on deck 3 by the Grand Foyer like on Silhouette? (Passport bar I think it was)

Scroll through this forum. A few recent Summit postings. 

No bars on deck 3, but you have them on decks 4, 5, 10 and 11.

Biggest difference in my mind is less for-fee specialty restaurants - only Tuscan Grille, Sushi on Five and Qsine.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

The Summit is a smaller ship.  Fewer speciality restaurant 3 compared to 6 on Reflection, fewer bars and fewer people.  We do like the Revendous Lounge better than the Passport Bar or the Ensemble Lounge on the bigger S Class ships.

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Summit is a smaller ship.  Fewer speciality restaurant 3 compared to 6 on Reflection, fewer bars and fewer people.  We do like the Revendous Lounge better than the Passport Bar or the Ensemble Lounge on the bigger S Class ships.

Summit is about 2/3 the size of Reflection but has only half as many specialty restaurants - and unfortunately, no longer anything like Murano after converting the Normandie to the Tuscan Grille.

Summit as does other M-Class Ships has a great large T-Spa pool. Saltwater, warm with lots of circulation. Has steel pipes on the sides that form a Lounge to lay on with bubble action up through it. 

Panama Canal is a great itinerary and Summit would be a great ship to do it on in my opinion. 

Den

10 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Summit as does other M-Class Ships has a great large T-Spa pool. Saltwater, warm with lots of circulation. Has steel pipes on the sides that form a Lounge to lay on with bubble action up through it. 

Panama Canal is a great itinerary and Summit would be a great ship to do it on in my opinion. 

Den

We did our Panama Canal cruise on the Infinity - an M Class ship similar to the Summit and loved it.

We're doing the New England Canada itinerary on Sept. 8th.  Does anyone have information of which night would be the best for a nice view from the Tuscan Grille.  I know on the Eclipse some years ago, we got a beautiful view leaving Stockholm at an early dinner there.  

We do not like the M class ships as much as we like the S class ships.  However, we sailed on the Millennium last year, and had a good time.