Recent Noordam Expierience with Canaletto Restaurant

terrydtx

We booked the Canaletto Restaurant on embarkation night from Vancouver on the Noordam. We depart Vancouver at 4:30pm and thought we would have a better view cruising up the east Vancouver Island passage in the Canaletto. Our 10 year old grandson is with us and he loves Italian food. My questions are how good has the food been recently in the Canaletto and on the Noordam will we have any scenic views from there? We booked at 5:30pm because of the 2 hour time difference from home and we are flying in that day to Vancouver, we figured our GS will be hungry early. 

Edited by terrydtx

2 minutes ago, sammiedawg said:

Caneletto is the Olive Garden.   The food reeks of garlic, no subtlety in the seasoning.  It tastes good momentarily but then you smell and taste like garlic for a day or two.  

That was my opinion from our last NA cruise a couple of years ago and I was wondering if things changed since then. I remember the Oso Bucco was pretty decent but I understand that it is no longer on the menu. We are only eating there this time for our GS and hopefully a decent view that first evening from Vancouver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We booked the Canaletto Restaurant on embarkation night from Vancouver on the Noordam. We depart Vancouver at 4:30pm and thought we would have a better view cruising up the east Vancouver Island passage in the Canaletto. Our 10 year old grandson is with us and he loves Italian food. My questions are how good has the food been recently in the Canaletto and on the Noordam will we have any scenic views from there? We booked at 5:30pm because of the 2 hour time difference from home and we are flying in that day to Vancouver, we figured our GS will be hungry early. 

We dined at Canaletto on the Nieuw Amsterdam last week and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  We had vegetarian dishes and all were delicious.  As for the view, we also departed Vancouver and the scenery is great - we particularly enjoyed watching the float planes departing and landing right next to Canada Place and also over the ship as we passed Stanley Park and went under Lions Gate Bridge.

Edited by RoyalVisit
  • Thanks 1

Noordam in April/ May:  food was excellent,  possibly a little saltier than we are used to, but otherwise very good.  Osso Bucco is on the menu, but a new menu is soon to be introduced.

Service is tops, with Patty the best (from Thailand and on first contract, but you would think she's been on HAL for a long time).  All the girls are so nice, so helpful and they will love your GS!  Guildus was the Manager but he may be in the MDR now.

Lots of tables for 4 on the windows and, yes, great views!