Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
terrydtx

Did CC make forum changes, no Countdown Clocks and Notifications

Recommended Posts

Was there an update or changes to the CC Forum overnight? I noticed this morning that the Countdown clocks are not working and I am not receiving email notifications from subscribed  threads. Is this happening to any others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't believe countdown clocks have been available since the last update many months ago.  You still should get email notifications from subscribed threads - see if haven't been inadvertently logged out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, doublebzz said:

Don't believe countdown clocks have been available since the last update many months ago.  You still should get email notifications from subscribed threads - see if haven't been inadvertently logged out.

My countdown clock was visible in my posts yesterday... and I've seen all the other changes that were made in that last update a few months ago, so this doesn't seem right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting email notifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

My countdown clock was visible in my posts yesterday... and I've seen all the other changes that were made in that last update a few months ago, so this doesn't seem right.

Its not showing now. I finally started getting email notifications about an hour ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, I'm not getting any email notifications.  I have to check the little bell up at the top of the page to see if I have any notifications.  I'm getting used to it, and it means I don't get quite as many emails!  I would like to get email notifications from my roll calls, though.

 

I have completely logged out and logged back in, or changed my preferences numerous times.  Nothing seems to work.  I have posted several times on the main "Help" threads...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No little bell at the top of the page and countdown clock working here, been like this all day. Not sure what is going on.  Probably another great mobile fix ☹️ Why change what is working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

My countdown clock was visible in my posts yesterday... and I've seen all the other changes that were made in that last update a few months ago, so this doesn't seem right.

Agree, my countdown clock was there yesterday morning and as of last night it shows up as a broken image link. So annoyed because I'm at less than 5 days til I cruise! I've waited something like 500 days to get to the single digits dang it!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like either: 1) they broke whatever was allowing the countdowns to work or 2) the intentionally killed CD clocks. Maybe POA can figure it out? I took the code out of my signature,,, I know it's 74 days until I cruise...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do you think you need a count down clock? Does anyone beside count down clockers even care? What purpose does your count down clock serve  users of this form?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joekerstef said:

Agree, my countdown clock was there yesterday morning and as of last night it shows up as a broken image link. So annoyed because I'm at less than 5 days til I cruise! I've waited something like 500 days to get to the single digits dang it!!!!

lol, same here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I really miss is the "go to first unread message" link. Does anyone still have that, or did they abolish it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IslandThyme said:

What I really miss is the "go to first unread message" link. Does anyone still have that, or did they abolish it?

click on the dot or star before the title of the thread you want to read on the main page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, billbunger said:

Why do you think you need a count down clock? Does anyone beside count down clockers even care? What purpose does your count down clock serve  users of this form?

Well, I like to count down the days so like the clock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Well, I like to count down the days so like the clock.

 

Me, too.  And they are still "broken".:classic_rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In order to get email notifications, you can't just post. Now you must click the 'follow' icon at the top of the thread and manually set - 'follow'

 

It works after that.

.

 

Edited by Happily@Sea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

In order to get email notifications, you can't just post. Now you must click the 'follow' icon at the top of the thread and manually set - 'follow'

 

It works after that.

.

 

Then maybe they “fixed” that. For the longest time after the change when I checked “notify me” after posting I didn’t get notifications and if I let it ride, I did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a 7-day Caribbean cruise for two!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...