Jump to content

Cococay price increase


 Share

Recommended Posts

I went ahead and bought my son a day pass at park. Will be interesting to see how much higher that gets. As of now, it is not showing up in cruise planner anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got one better. Two ships there the same day. Each ship has a different set of prices for the same exact thing. The ships are  Granduer and Anthem for this nov. Anthem paying more. 

I'm on Grandeur and went to anthems roll call and posted, asking for prices. 

Grandeur pays $358.99 for an oasis cabana, and anthem pays $549 for same cabana. 😨

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, suesnake2002 said:

I got one better. Two ships there the same day. Each ship has a different set of prices for the same exact thing. The ships are  Granduer and Anthem for this nov. Anthem paying more. 

I'm on Grandeur and went to anthems roll call and posted, asking for prices. 

Grandeur pays $358.99 for an oasis cabana, and anthem pays $549 for same cabana. 😨

 

That is ridiculous. :classic_rolleyes:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those cabana prices look insane to me too, too rich for my blood.  But if someone wants to do it and they are already spending so much money on the cruise to even get to the port I guess the price will be what the market will bear for people to go for the experience they want (captive audience and limited capacity with all these gigantic ships). 

 

I thought the waterpark prices looked a little steep too ($69 pp) and no 1/2 day option, which is what we would have preferred -- mostly just want to check the place out.  I went ahead and got admission for me and DS 23 (DH and my dad 82 will skip, probably just stay on the ship actually).  I was concerned that maybe they will limit admission to the waterpark at same point (capacity restrictions maybe), so thought book early and be better safe than sorry, since DS 23 really wants to see the waterpark.  I think the heavy advertising / marketing has him intrigued.  

 

When I look at prices of waterparks in Orlando or other places in the continental US this just seems way too high.  But if I look at what a day pass costs for Atlantis (we did that on another cruise, this is only about 1/2 of the cost of that).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kathy884 said:

Those cabana prices look insane to me too, too rich for my blood.  But if someone wants to do it and they are already spending so much money on the cruise to even get to the port I guess the price will be what the market will bear for people to go for the experience they want (captive audience and limited capacity with all these gigantic ships). 

 

I thought the waterpark prices looked a little steep too ($69 pp) and no 1/2 day option, which is what we would have preferred -- mostly just want to check the place out.  I went ahead and got admission for me and DS 23 (DH and my dad 82 will skip, probably just stay on the ship actually).  I was concerned that maybe they will limit admission to the waterpark at same point (capacity restrictions maybe), so thought book early and be better safe than sorry, since DS 23 really wants to see the waterpark.  I think the heavy advertising / marketing has him intrigued.  

 

When I look at prices of waterparks in Orlando or other places in the continental US this just seems way too high.  But if I look at what a day pass costs for Atlantis (we did that on another cruise, this is only about 1/2 of the cost of that).

 

 

After reading some of the water park reviews with 2 hour waits for the slide because of the crowds, they probably realized that a 1/2 day pass wouldn't work.  Someone posted that they never go to use their Cabana because they were on line all day.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Supply and demand.  Same reason other prices have gone up.  Same thing happened with Cabanas on Labadee after the first couple of years (took longer for people to catch on) and even building more Cabanas, the prices went up.  When we first went to Labadee, not long after it opened and were in a GS, we rented Cabanas the first couple of trips and they were $175 (they were only on Barefoot Beach at first).  They're now all over $300.  Once they went over $200 we quit getting one.  As long as people are willing to pay the price, they'll increase the cost until it hits it's wall.

 

ETA, I didn't mean not long after Labadee "opened up". I meant not long after the pier opened up.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, blueridgemama said:

I think they have stopped selling 1/2 day passes for the exact reason that Iamcruizin said. Everything I have been reading on other sites are saying that there are no 1/2 day passes being offered on their cruises.

That explains it.  I could have sworn there were 1/2 day passes on our cruise in October and now they're gone. 

 

Does anyone know if they are limiting the number of full day passes?  I really can't imagine waiting 2 hours for a waterslide.  We did go ahead and buy the full-day pass, but we also bought the swimming with the pigs too.  So we're hoping to just do the slides in the morning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic so I apologize up front but did not want to start a new thread for one simple question.

 

Is the windjammer  open for lunch when the ship is at the new Coco Cay?

 

I know it's open when the ships are at labadee .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, goneclear said:

Slightly off topic so I apologize up front but did not want to start a new thread for one simple question.

 

Is the windjammer  open for lunch when the ship is at the new Coco Cay?

 

I know it's open when the ships are at labadee .

 

Our experience on all our visits to Coco Cay has been that WJ is open for lunch, except once on Enchantment when they had the MDR open for lunch instead of WJ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Our experience on all our visits to Coco Cay has been that WJ is open for lunch, except once on Enchantment when they had the MDR open for lunch instead of WJ.

Thanks Bob.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cruising Latitude said:

On our Symphony sailing the cabana price is $1,449.  

 

Yep, you read that right.  

Is that for the week? What do you get for that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

After reading some of the water park reviews with 2 hour waits for the slide because of the crowds, they probably realized that a 1/2 day pass wouldn't work.  Someone posted that they never go to use their Cabana because they were on line all day.

I read that too and mentioned it to DS, who still wanted to do the waterpark anyway just to see it.  We'll probably do some of the lessor slides with shorter waits and do some hanging out it the wave pool.  We want to check out other areas of Cococay outside of the waterpark too, just to see then.

 

With all these larger and larger ships which are very popular for RCCL and the popularity of cruises that go to a private island, it doesn't sound like demand will necessarily go down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cruising Latitude said:

On our Symphony sailing the cabana price is $1,449.  

 

Yep, you read that right.  

 

And I'll bet someone pays that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't wait to go to CocoCay and not spend any money.  Would be on an Oasis class ship, just take a look and then get back on the ship.  Heard it is hard to do everything on an Oasis class ship on one cruise, challenge accepted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We paid for the overwater cabanas at Labadee suite beach around $300-400 i think cant remember and was very well worth it to me but...that is an over the water cabana and to me was worth it for our little luxury treat but 549, 1449....these prices are crazy....can u even imagine what they will charge for the overwater ones 🙄🙄🙄🙄

i enjoy the luxury perks sometimes but just find this crazy....i could book another room for that or buy a nice piece of jewelry 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

And I'll bet someone pays that.

No doubt they will.  If I could afford to throw that kind of money around you can bet I wouldn't be sailing on the Mass Market cruise lines.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...