FREEDOM AT LAST!! Semi-live Report 5/26-6/2

Ellis delivered us back to the hotel just before 2 pm. We really wanted to take advantage of Condado Plaza's facilities so we re-applied some sun screen and headed down to the beach. They were great about security and making sure that the people using the beach and pool were actually hotel guests. The beach certainly is not the best in the Caribbean, not even the best we saw today, but it was great for what we wanted. I'm unable to load photos right now, but see my earlier photos from the beach.  Will try again later.

14 hours ago, FirstAnthem said:

Great review so far! 😊

Thanks, and thanks for following!

14 hours ago, LBumb said:

Great job

Thanks for following!

12 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Hope boarding went well. Looking forward to your next installment. 

Boarding was great!  I promise to eventually get to it in this report!  This morning we are in St. Thomas.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this.  We just got off Freedom last Sunday (did the ABC Island itinerary) and the real world sucks.  Maybe I can be on the ship a little longer through your review.

If you happen to be staying overnight at the end of the cruise, I also suggest eating at Oceano.  It's right on the beach in Condado.  Excellent meal and perfect service.  

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looking forward to this.  We just got off Freedom last Sunday (did the ABC Island itinerary) and the real world sucks.  Maybe I can be on the ship a little longer through your review.

If you happen to be staying overnight at the end of the cruise, I also suggest eating at Oceano.  It's right on the beach in Condado.  Excellent meal and perfect service.  

And I hope you have a better internet experience than we did.  Horribly slow with lots of drops.

We used Ellis for a private tour in January and loved him!  We’ve been to San Juan several times and wanted to see something different and he obliged, taking us to the other side of the island.  We’re sailing from San Juan again in December and reached out to him but he’ll be visiting family at home (Jersey, if I remember correctly) so he refers us to a friend, Albeny.  I’m sure he’ll be fabulous as well.

3 hours ago, sellwingri said:

We used Ellis for a private tour in January and loved him!  We’ve been to San Juan several times and wanted to see something different and he obliged, taking us to the other side of the island.  We’re sailing from San Juan again in December and reached out to him but he’ll be visiting family at home (Jersey, if I remember correctly) so he refers us to a friend, Albeny.  I’m sure he’ll be fabulous as well.

We had the same, with Ellis being unavailable for a tour, so will be using Albeny in about 3 weeks.  I am looking forward to it!  

5 hours ago, hapster85 said:
On 5/29/2019 at 4:54 PM, bobmacliberty said:

And I hope you have a better internet experience than we did.  Horribly slow with lots of drops.

Guessing poor internet is why the OP has been MIA all week.

...or having waaay to much fun to bother with CC. 

• Like 1

I hope you had an awesome time on Freedom last week.  I have two questions for you:

1.  Did you pay the resort fee at Hilton?  Haven't seen or heard yet if they reinstituted that yet, and

2.  Would you confirm the second formal night is day 6?  Trying to make some last minute plans before we sail in three weeks.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, mchin said:

I hope you had an awesome time on Freedom last week.  I have two questions for you:

1.  Did you pay the resort fee at Hilton?  Haven't seen or heard yet if they reinstituted that yet, and

2.  Would you confirm the second formal night is day 6?  Trying to make some last minute plans before we sail in three weeks.

Thanks!

Formal evening was night 6 on both our 3 March and 10 March 2019 Freedom cruises. 

On 6/4/2019 at 8:07 AM, umpisoccer said:

This question might have already been asked but do you have to pre book reservations to entertainment on the Freedom of the Seas ship? 

You can't pre-book on Freedom but I don't know that you would need to. There was always plenty room available when we went to a show. I used reserved seats once for the Comedy show but would have been just fine finding our own seats.

1 hour ago, bballmomma said:

You can't pre-book on Freedom but I don't know that you would need to. There was always plenty room available when we went to a show. I used reserved seats once for the Comedy show but would have been just fine finding our own seats.

But not on the Freedom. Unless you are talking about the reserved seating section in the theater or studio B for diamond plus, suites, key and pinnacle. 

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

But not on the Freedom. Unless you are talking about the reserved seating section in the theater or studio B for diamond plus, suites, key and pinnacle. 

Yes I am talking about the Key.