Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
apcci2

Just off Sunshine. Have any questions?

Recommended Posts

Just completed Sunshine 5 day from Charleston to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. 

 

Charleston is handling embark/debark better

 

We had a deck 8 aft balcony

 

anytime dining and steakhouse

 

Only ship in Nassau

 

no staff issues

 

ship needs some TLC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Can the Limelight Lounge hold more than a few dozen people yet?

Nope. Still way inadequate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are doing the same cruise in December.  Our plan is to be dropped off by a family member at the port.  Do you know how that would work at the port?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, apcci2 said:

Just completed Sunshine 5 day from Charleston to Nassau and Half Moon Cay. 

 

Charleston is handling embark/debark better

 

We had a deck 8 aft balcony

 

anytime dining and steakhouse

 

Only ship in Nassau

 

no staff issues

 

ship needs some TLC

Thanks for the info! Did you happen to keep or take pictures of the Fun Times? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do they still have live music in the Ocean Plaza at night?  We're pretty laid back and enjoy listening to the music sipping on a nightcap . 🍹

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SurfCat said:

We are doing the same cruise in December.  Our plan is to be dropped off by a family member at the port.  Do you know how that would work at the port?

 

Drop off is right in front of building used for check in. (Building 324- one of the warehouses formerly used for parking) shuttle takes you to terminal for security and boarding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, thesmiths said:

What TLC is needed?

 

 

Nothing major, but some little things. Most are from passenger abuse. 

 

Hot water in shower was hard to come by, also pressure was lacking for many cabins. 

 

Sunshine really needs a good cleaning, it shows years of service. 

 

Loose/broken handrails in stairways 

 

broken furniture/barstools

 

its really not that bad, staff worked on repairs, but seemed to be a lot going on

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, yaddayaddayadda said:

How was Fahrenheit 555?   How crowded was the serenity pool?

Steakhouse was great. Food was perfect, service was also great. 

 

Serenity area really wasn’t crowded at all. Maybe a handful of people in the pool from time to time. Chairs/ clamshells etc were plentiful also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sjmbruce said:

Thanks for the info! Did you happen to keep or take pictures of the Fun Times? 

I will check. I believe we kept them. We used the HUB app so we didn’t really need them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, summersigh said:

Do they still have live music in the Ocean Plaza at night?  We're pretty laid back and enjoy listening to the music sipping on a nightcap . 🍹

Yes there was live music in Ocean Plaza every night but one. Karaoke one night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see copy of FunTimes as well!  We are doing the same trip in July!  Glad to hear you had a good cruise!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, apcci2 said:

 

Drop off is right in front of building used for check in. (Building 324- one of the warehouses formerly used for parking) shuttle takes you to terminal for security and boarding. 

Thank you so much for your kind reply.  If I understand you correctly we will be dropped off, checked in and then have to take a shuttle to a boarding area?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SurfCat said:

Thank you so much for your kind reply.  If I understand you correctly we will be dropped off, checked in and then have to take a shuttle to a boarding area?  

That is correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2019 at 12:52 PM, panda952 said:

Did Waterworks get shut down on sea days for high winds? 

 

No it was open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, apcci2 said:

 

No it was open

Same with ours a month almost 2 months ago (time flies).   I was wondering if the water bucket had been fixed?  The staff were worried it might break off under the weight of water.

 

Looks like people beat the ship since our cruise.  I never noticed any broken seats or handrails. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the same cruise as you!  I had a couple of different experiences:  I found the Serenity pool to always be crowded and could not find clam shells at all during the day  (This would be sea days). The ship definitely needs some repairs.  I did not notice broken chairs or handrails but the carpet in our stateroom was ripped and warn.  They may not have shut down water works but they did shut down the ropes course due to high winds. I thought embarkation and disembarkation was a difficult process.  We have only sailed out of Florida and the process is much smoother.  I recommend hanging out on the ship as long as you can on disembarkation day to let the crowds pass.  On a more positive note:  the crew was some of the nicest people i have ever met and the cruise director was a hoot!  The food was very good and the rock and roll show was fabulous.  I will definitely cruise out of Charleston again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you have any problems with noise in your cabin area? Staying in that same area soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are leaving Saturday on the 5 night cruise.   I’ll save my fun times and post them when we get back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are looking at doing this ship out of Charleston for the July 4th run ... can anyone tell me if they still offer a discount on buying the cheers package on embarkation day?  When we last sailed carnival in 2014 they offered a discount once on the ship the day we embarked over the published prices.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, luvsmike said:

I was on the same cruise as you!  I had a couple of different experiences:  I found the Serenity pool to always be crowded and could not find clam shells at all during the day  (This would be sea days). The ship definitely needs some repairs.  I did not notice broken chairs or handrails but the carpet in our stateroom was ripped and warn.  They may not have shut down water works but they did shut down the ropes course due to high winds. I thought embarkation and disembarkation was a difficult process.  We have only sailed out of Florida and the process is much smoother.  I recommend hanging out on the ship as long as you can on disembarkation day to let the crowds pass.  On a more positive note:  the crew was some of the nicest people i have ever met and the cruise director was a hoot!  The food was very good and the rock and roll show was fabulous.  I will definitely cruise out of Charleston again.

Awesome

 

Have you on this memorial Day given thanks to the people at THE CITADEL DOWN YONDER TOO?🐫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's changed with embarkation?  I've sailed from Charleston probably 7-8 times and actually thought they did a great job considering the limitations of the terminal building.

 

And the "silent" disembarkation on the Fantasy-class ships has always gone very smoothly.

 

Sailing again in October.  Not sure yet whether I'll stay at a hotel with cruise parking or whether I'll drive down the morning of, so appreciate any details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...