Suggestion on what to do in St John's, Newfoundland??

Kiwi_cruiser

This will be our first time going to St John's, Newfoundland.

I was wondering what is their not to miss seeing in Reykjavik?? and what would you recommend doing here for the day?? :classic_unsure:

Any ideas / suggestions or tips are welcome 🙂

9 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

I was wondering what is their not to miss seeing in Reykjavik?? and what would you recommend doing here for the day?? :classic_unsure:

Reykjavik is in Iceland.

Are you looking for something to do in Reykjavik  Iceland or in St John's, Newfoundland or both places?

On 5/24/2019 at 11:14 AM, cnd crsr said:

Reykjavik is in Iceland.

Are you looking for something to do in Reykjavik  Iceland or in St John's, Newfoundland or both places?

For Reykjavik I suggest you post in the Northern Europe forum.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:31 AM, Kiwi_cruiser said:

In St. John's, Signal Hill, the  science museum with a really good Titanic exhibition, Cape Spear, walk around and look at the Jelly Bean houses.

Edited by gnome12

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 8:14 AM, cnd crsr said:

Reykjavik is in Iceland.

Sorry, that what happens when you post on Cruise Critic late at night! :classic_ohmy:

I am looking for something to do in St John's, Newfoundland.

12 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Sorry, that what happens when you post on Cruise Critic late at night! :classic_ohmy:

I am looking for something to do in St John's, Newfoundland.

Try looking for McCarthy's Party -- private tours at reasonably prices.

Hope you find something there

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We booked late for this cruise. Just read that I should refer to the roll call for answers to my questions. I have several questions about the tours at the port of calls we are stopping at.  My husband has serious mobility problems, but isn't in a scooter.  He can only do a limited amount of walking and he can't climb very many steps. Does anyone have suggestions for tours that aren't buses, or require walking? Any recommendations for private tours or a tour that could use two more people to complete the tour's required number of passengers. Renting a car isn't a consideration we can do. Any help with this would be very appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

What ports are

On 9/13/2019 at 8:42 AM, nana3quinn said:

We booked late for this cruise. Just read that I should refer to the roll call for answers to my questions. I have several questions about the tours at the port of calls we are stopping at.  My husband has serious mobility problems, but isn't in a scooter.  He can only do a limited amount of walking and he can't climb very many steps. Does anyone have suggestions for tours that aren't buses, or require walking? Any recommendations for private tours or a tour that could use two more people to complete the tour's required number of passengers. Renting a car isn't a consideration we can do. Any help with this would be very appreciated.

Are you visiting Saint John? If so, we rented a car for the day at the Budget office just a block or so from port - I walked over to get the car and drove back to pick up my mom. There is a secured drop off / pickup area but if you tell them what you are doing they will let you into it for pickup. 

We drove up to St. Martins to see the sea caves. You can get a look at them from a short distance without walking, though many people trek across the sandy beach at low tide.  There is a mom and pop convenience store / bakery in town that sells homemade Nanaimo, a Canadian chocolate confection. My mom is also able to walk short distances so this worked well for us; she stayed in the car and watched the rest of our group as we explored the caves.

On 9/13/2019 at 2:42 PM, nana3quinn said:

We booked late for this cruise. Just read that I should refer to the roll call for answers to my questions. Any recommendations for private tours or a tour that could use two more people to complete the tour's required number of passengers. 

If you want to find a roll call for your cruise, you need to go to the roll call section of these boards, then click for your cruise line and possibly then (depending on the size of the cruise line) click to find the roll calls for the ship you are travelling on.  You can then look for a roll call for your specific cruise (i.e. the date of your cruise embarkation).  That is were other people from your cruise will be posting and is were you can ask if anyone wants 2 more people on a tour with limited activity and also to 'meet up' with other people on your cruise.

These boards do work very well, but can take a bit of understanding how they are arranged when you are fairly new to the boards.  This section is to ask general questions about the ports etc. in Canada and New England. 

Edited by tring

• 2 weeks later...

We visited St John's, Newfoundland, last month. It was bitterly cold! The town is also very hilly, my electric wheelchair was unable to cope with the incline.

We visited the GeoCentre on Signal Hill. It has displays explaining the geology of the area and also a very informative Titanic exhibition. The cafe and gift shop were worth a visit too.

The high spot for me was the 2 Newfoundland dogs that met us on the quay :classic_smile:

• Like 1