Cruise Critic Community
Steff79

Getaway after dry dock

The ship looks great!  How strong is the WiFi signal while at sea?  Has it been improved? 

I didn’t use the internet. In Europe i can use my smartphone in every country for the same condition as in Germany ( flat ). I only use my smartphone at ports. Sorry. 

Looks like it's quite cold...seeing everyone is wrapped up. It's really bad that they have made this area for vibe. At least one side should have remained open to all.

So... they've really made Vibe 3 times larger than it was?  That seems... strange considering everything I hear is that it's never full.

Do you actually SEE anyone hanging out in Vibe?  There's certainly no one in that photo.

Weather is ok. Pic was taken about 8 am. 

Never see there someone. Not sure if they sold at all passes. 

Serenade is with us here. 

A8495B73-5719-4C98-AB8E-E7EA3878CDF7.jpeg

Edited by Steff79

1 hour ago, LeesaB said:

So... they've really made Vibe 3 times larger than it was?  That seems... strange considering everything I hear is that it's never full.

Do you actually SEE anyone hanging out in Vibe?  There's certainly no one in that photo.

I would think they did this more for the winter cruises in the Caribbean.  People literally run onto the ship to get tickets for those cruises and they sell out in minutes.  Personally, it is not worth it for us, as we just use the Haven sundeck and courtyard.

Thanks for all the pictures and information. I've sailed Getaway twice, not sure if I would do another cruise, but I'm enjoying the pictures of the changes. That is disappointing about access to the front of the ship.

Have a good cruise.

Heather

10 hours ago, Steff79 said:

I didn’t use the internet. In Europe i can use my smartphone in every country for the same condition as in Germany ( flat ). I only use my smartphone at ports. Sorry. 

Thanks for your reply!  We are on the 9 day Baltic Cruise followed by the TA to NOLA this October. I am scheduled to work part-time from the ship during the TA portion.  Hope someone here can advise if the Internet Cafe was upgraded during the dry dock improvements.  🙂

Thanks for posting the pics.  I was a little bit on the fence about our Getaway cruise from New Orleans in March of next year but I am really excited about it now!

9 hours ago, Steff79 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377A public Sundeck. Ha ha. Really disappointing. 

3AB0F763-9B63-4B42-9C6A-F5F8BB00DF8A.jpeg

65AC1ACF-47F1-4973-9154-A37E8870250E.png

This is awful. Greediness with no boundaries.

4 hours ago, Steff79 said:

Weather is ok. Pic was taken about 8 am. 

Never see there someone. Not sure if they sold at all passes. 

Serenade is with us here. 

A8495B73-5719-4C98-AB8E-E7EA3878CDF7.jpeg

Gerainger?

Thank You for your beautiful pictures and excellent information.

I hope that the rest of your cruise is as wonderful as these first few days have been.

Thanks for all the great updates.  I can't understand why they wouldn't add a roof over the Haven pool deck.  Just came back from a trip on the Breakaway, which has an enclosed Haven deck with AC.  What a difference!  I understand when the Getaway was just a Miami-based ship, but now that it's more global, I thought for sure they would make this improvement.

On 5/24/2019 at 6:47 AM, Cm84 said:

Cool. That’s all brand new furniture in bliss lounge also. Appreciate the photos as there was nothing to be seen online about what they were doing. 

Thanks! I’ve been questioning my research skills because I couldn’t find much on line about the refurbishment of Getaway. 🤦‍♀️😊

Looks great! 

14 hours ago, Ctrinh225 said:

So are the rooms updated or just the outside/dinning areas? Thanks

I’m in a studio inside. Looks like the old but is in good condition. Can’t say for other staterooms but I think most is the old but after five years I think it is not necessary to make the rooms new. the whole ships looks in good condition. 

Edited by Steff79

Vielen Dank Steff79.

The Getaway used to be #1 in NCL fleet.

Seeing on this sad picture, I believe the Breakaway and Escape are doomed to follow the case.

3AB0F763-9B63-4B42-9C6A-F5F8BB00DF8A.thu

On 5/29/2019 at 2:31 AM, www3traveler said:

I hope that the rest of your cruise is as wonderful as these first few days have been.

Yes enjoy it. Entertaining and staff is amazing. Headed pool to swim is great. Yesterday at See to Iceland the

ship was rocking.    Today we are now first day in Iceland. 

Today morning the door to the front was open. Best pics are taken there. 

072F8EB4-EE23-40C1-8C20-40D56A878DE2.jpeg

4A4B307F-476D-45DF-B4B4-E40A1706EFEF.jpeg

61E10FB2-3AD4-4250-88F7-7DB7F08B38D9.jpeg

28B198AB-1A6C-43C7-A356-E6D11177FC74.jpeg

Edited by Steff79

These photos are incredible. Glad you are enjoying. I will be looking out for the boat in Edinburgh on Tuesday and at that point I will be just over 4 weeks from boarding.

On 5/27/2019 at 3:25 PM, jemz1949 said:

Thank you for posting the "Meet Your Officers" photo.  I can't enlarge it to the point that I can read the names however.  

20A4F463-8369-4145-8E5C-39D7B808B73B.jpeg