Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Host CJSKIDS

On 5/25/2019 at 11:04 AM, cruiserdru said:

You both mentioned your Ocean Ready turning red. What platform are you seeing this on? My Ocean Ready turns yellow (always for the documents) -- and then back to green later-- even though I have been able to print my Ocean Ready passes. I am working on an Android phone.

I do also have an open ticket with the Navigator folks as Medallion does not request a shipping address from me and says I must pick up my Medallions at the port.

I'm on as Samsung 9 and it's being shipped to me in California ... I think. Where are you seeing yellow 

People talked about their individual circle being all green and then part of it turning red. Mine was changing color intermittently but it was changing to part yellow, not red, on my Samsung 7. And the docs were changing to yellow even though they were still there. 

In a combination of using ocean.com and the phone, I now have a medallion order # instead of it telling me I would have to pick up at the pier because it was too close to my sailing, my ship had sailed, or the carrier could not deliver to my location. As mentioned before, my cruise is 8/9 and I live in a large in Virginia. 😄

On 6/3/2019 at 2:35 PM, Ereggae said:

Am I able to use my profile photo as my security photo or do I have to take a separate one?

You can use your SECURITY Photo as your Profile Photo. There are requirements for the Security Photo, but not for the Profile Photo. If your Profile Photo meets the Security Photo requirements, then you can use it.

On 6/3/2019 at 10:35 PM, Ereggae said:

Am I able to use my profile photo as my security photo or do I have to take a separate one?

Of course, keep in mind you needn’t use your security photo as your as your profile photo.  Unless you want to. 

We’ve selected avatars for our profile photos. The avatars (and the security photos, for that matter) remain part of your Ocean profile and can be reused over and over again on future cruises. Or you are free to change them at any time. 

@fishywood I think you may have received some misinformation about getting Ocean Ready "at least" 60 days out.  For most I've read on other threads, it is the other way around.  You cannot *start* getting Ocean Ready until after final payment processes which is usually 60-75 days out.  I booked our upcoming cruise on Royal Princess last week Tuesday (5/28/2019) through an online TA I have used several times for booking cruises.  Our sailing date is a week from this Saturday (6/15/2019).  I had to pay the full amount when I booked since the sailing was only 18 days away.  I was immediately able to start getting us Ocean Ready as soon as my receipt from Princess came in my email.  I completed that process on Thursday 5/30/2019 and our medallions arrived via FedEx on Tuesday 6/4/2019.  The logo in the medallion is Ruby for us as it is our 4th Princess Cruise.  They do have our names, ship and sailing date on them.  It is a very fast process to get the medallions once you have completed the Ocean Ready screens and uploaded all the right documentation. 

In hindsight, I wish I had downloaded the apps to both of our phones and gotten my wife Ocean Ready on her phone rather than setting us both up on mine.  When I finally got around to getting the apps on her phone, it "undid" her Ocean Ready status and I had to re-take the passport snapshot into the Ocean Ready account on her phone.  Once I did that, we both went back to green circle status (complete).  We can now see each other are complete on both phones.

Happy cruising!

Bryan 

9 hours ago, UVaWiseGuy said:

@fishywood I think you may have received some misinformation about getting Ocean Ready "at least" 60 days out.  For most I've read on other threads, it is the other way around.  You cannot *start* getting Ocean Ready until after final payment processes which is usually 60-75 days out.  I booked our upcoming cruise on Royal Princess last week Tuesday (5/28/2019) through an online TA I have used several times for booking cruises.  Our sailing date is a week from this Saturday (6/15/2019).  I had to pay the full amount when I booked since the sailing was only 18 days away.  I was immediately able to start getting us Ocean Ready as soon as my receipt from Princess came in my email.  I completed that process on Thursday 5/30/2019 and our medallions arrived via FedEx on Tuesday 6/4/2019.  The logo in the medallion is Ruby for us as it is our 4th Princess Cruise.  They do have our names, ship and sailing date on them.  It is a very fast process to get the medallions once you have completed the Ocean Ready screens and uploaded all the right documentation. 

In hindsight, I wish I had downloaded the apps to both of our phones and gotten my wife Ocean Ready on her phone rather than setting us both up on mine.  When I finally got around to getting the apps on her phone, it "undid" her Ocean Ready status and I had to re-take the passport snapshot into the Ocean Ready account on her phone.  Once I did that, we both went back to green circle status (complete).  We can now see each other are complete on both phones.

Happy cruising!

Bryan 

Thank you so much.  Your update was very helpful.

3 hours ago, andio2of5 said:

A little confused about the “ocean” apps........does a ship have to have MedallionNet in order to be used?

Ocean apps are for Medallion Cruises which is not Medallion Net. Medallion Net is the internet access. Unless your cruise is listed as a Medallion cruise you shouldn''t need the apps - unless one of them is specifically used for Medallion Net access.

Edited by Thrak

I think this was asked, but I don't see an answer ...

There are 4 of us traveling, and in 2 different cabins. Isn't it possible for me to load/have both reservations on OceanReady on my phone?  If so, how/where?

Thanx in advance!

20 hours ago, andio2of5 said:

A little confused about the “ocean” apps........does a ship have to have MedallionNet in order to be used?

A ship/cruise can have MedallionNet (high speed, unlimited internet access) but not yet be Medallion Class. 

But it if a ship/cruise is Medallion Class, MedallionNet will be an included component of Medallion Class. 

Clear as mud??

17 hours ago, rberne1 said:

I think this was asked, but I don't see an answer ...

There are 4 of us traveling, and in 2 different cabins. Isn't it possible for me to load/have both reservations on OceanReady on my phone?  If so, how/where?

Thanx in advance!

I don't think you can load both reservations onto your account. The account seems to be tied to who is booked into the room. At the Passenger Service Desk, you can request that your medallion be recognized to unlock the doors on the other reservations.

At the risk of sounding really dense I have a question. I am all signed in with  Ocean Ready and I see a message that says "Save a screenshot or print a copy of your Ocean Ready Pass".  Is this the same as the boarding pass. If not how do I save a screen shot or print a copy of something on my phone????? What am I missing?

On my Samsung, you press the volume up button and the power button at the same time and it takes a screen shot and puts it in your gallery. I spent a lot of time researching how to do that on the Internet. I also learned that my printer is not compatible with my phone and I could not print from my phone to it anyway. I did manage to transfer the screenshot to my laptop and print it.

Unfortunately, the whole ocean ready pass does not display on the screen and my screenshot was worthless.

Later, I discovered that I could go to ocean.com on my laptop and use my login for ocean ready and print it from there.

If you have your ocean ready pass, you do not need your boarding pass. It does say that on ocean.com.

I am not sure that we need the OC pass if we have our medallion. At the time I was playing with the OC pass, the software was telling me that I would have to pick up my medallion at the port as it was too close to sailing, or my cruise had sailed (it was 75 days out), or I was in an undeliverable area (a major metropolitan area in the US). Now, I have an order number for our medallions and I hope that means what I did worked.

3 hours ago, cruiserdru said:

On my Samsung, you press the volume up button and the power button at the same time and it takes a screen shot and puts it in your gallery. I spent a lot of time researching how to do that on the Internet. I also learned that my printer is not compatible with my phone and I could not print from my phone to it anyway. I did manage to transfer the screenshot to my laptop and print it.

Unfortunately, the whole ocean ready pass does not display on the screen and my screenshot was worthless.

Later, I discovered that I could go to ocean.com on my laptop and use my login for ocean ready and print it from there.

If you have your ocean ready pass, you do not need your boarding pass. It does say that on ocean.com.

I am not sure that we need the OC pass if we have our medallion. At the time I was playing with the OC pass, the software was telling me that I would have to pick up my medallion at the port as it was too close to sailing, or my cruise had sailed (it was 75 days out), or I was in an undeliverable area (a major metropolitan area in the US). Now, I have an order number for our medallions and I hope that means what I did worked.

I opened Ocean Ready on my desktop but cannot find where to print the Ocean Ready Pass. The site indicates I am Ocean Ready and has all of my info

thanks

still can't open Ocean.com on my desktop using IE

wife had no real problems using her mini ipad getting us Ocean Ready and having the OM's mailed to us pre-cruise in May

and worked most excellent for everything we used them for on that cruise ... no problems at all

2 hours ago, skynight said:

This may have been addressed but. Are you able to be Ocean Ready if you just have a desk top, no phone, no tablet.

No. Need the app on a phone or tablet.

1 hour ago, Fishboy1947 said:

I opened Ocean Ready on my desktop but cannot find where to print the Ocean Ready Pass.

Can't print pass with the Desktop. In the App, I can't find the option to save the pic, or print the pass (not that my phone is hooked up to a printer anyway). 

BTW: If you have the medallion (it was shipped to me), do you really need the pass anyway?

17 minutes ago, voljeep said:

still can't open Ocean.com on my desktop using IE

Try a different browser or computer. You should be able to get to ocean.com. It is a problem on your side, not their side.

4 minutes ago, richmke said:

No. Need the app on a phone or tablet.

Can't print pass with the Desktop. In the App, I can't find the option to save the pic, or print the pass (not that my phone is hooked up to a printer anyway). 

BTW: If you have the medallion (it was shipped to me), do you really need the pass anyway?

Try a different browser or computer. You should be able to get to ocean.com. It is a problem on your side, not their side.

no - it is a problem on THEIR side if THEIR program only certain browsers / operating systems ... windows / IE

what do you use to access Ocean.com on your desktop ??

Just now, voljeep said:

no - it is a problem on THEIR side if THEIR program only certain browsers / operating systems ... windows / IE

It could be a setting you have on IE that is causing a security problem. If you are trying to access from work, it could be a proxy setting causing a problem. Lots of reasons it is on your side, and not Ocean's side.

I have Chrome, FF, Edge, and IE loaded for the issue when a website works better with one browser than other. Also, Microsoft has publicly announced that IE is NOT designed to be a modern browser, but is only offered for "compatibility". 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

Actually, I just got a message when I tried to log in from my phone saying the system was down and they were scurrying around to fix it.

On 6/3/2019 at 1:35 PM, Ereggae said:

Not sure I am understanding your question.......

Security takes their own photo of you.

You cannot substitute any other photo for a security photo.

Just learned how to take a screenshot on my iPhone thanks to You Tube. Not really sure what the advantage is to having it as a screenshot, however. It is easy enough to just access it on Ocean Ready. Now I have it in my photos too.